Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can BC304 block any unauthorise ring entry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
    the "spirit" may be different but the result is the same either way - total pwnage. besides the opri shields sure looked like the ancient ones (Atlantis anyway)
    Ori architecture looks similar to, atlantis and ori ships doors look similar, coridors etc.
    Best quotes ever:
    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
    Thor:I like the yellow ones
    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
      but that still doesn't make sense. fluctuation is one thing, failure is another - the shield may have fluctuated but it was still up. does this mean it takes a shield at full strength to block a mere ring transport ?
      Shields have mutliple settings they can be on. In the SG-1 Season 5 finale, SG-1 were in an Asgard facility, looking to sneak onto Anubis' ship and rescue Thor. They couldn't just beam on (or for that matter, beam Thor out) because Anubis had up his shields. However, when Anubis was ringing between ships, the shields were still on but the setting changed to allow rings in. This gave an opportunity for SG-1 to ring aboard.

The Ori situation is similar.

Additionally, i personally think Anubis' shields stopped people phasing their way in because it could survive Tollan cannon hits whereas previously Goa'uld ships were taken out in a single hit, but that particular point is up for debate.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
        Makes me think of something. If we in the habit of beaming nukes in Camelot. We would have destroyed their first wave.
        But remember in flesh and blood, we tried to use that same tactic with that huge Gou'ald bomb which either got disabled as soon as it was beamed over OR had shields inside the ship to prevent the blast going anywhere. So who is to say whether a nuke beamed over wuld have done anything.

Comment

Working...
        X