No announcement yet.

Asagard Hyperdrives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remember how fast the oneal towed the promi, and how fast it can travel from ida to the milkyway, i think they got the fastest hyperdrive
    as for not killing the ori, they were firing on all 4 ships not a specific ship and probably wasnt really trying to win but collect data, as i said before the oneal should of been a science vessel cause the scales are so wrong
    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
    Anime signature in spoiler tag
    Spoiler:
    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Strange, i didn't remember Weir getting a lift from the Asgard. Must have been a throw-away line or something.

I looked it up and the GW quote reads "that'll shave almost two weeks off our travel time". The quote from The Intruder says 18 days on the ship to get to Pegasus. Everett's estimate in The Siege pt 2 is that Deady would arrive "inside four days".

I vaguely remember a line about Daedy pushing the engines for more speed, but i couldn't find it. If that's what they were doing in The Siege, then Daedy actually travelled faster than the Asgard ship, since Weir's estimate places them at shaving 13 days off an 18 day trip (being about 5 days). Since these are all estimates, we can say that the Deady's hyperdrive is roughly if not exactly the same as an Asgard's.

It's definitely a power issue. The Asgard Beliskner-class vessel is powered by four rather large neutrino-ion generators. Whilst the newer ships look sleeker, their basic design doesn't seem to have changed all that much and they are still huge. Yet a single ZPM provides about the same amount of ready power. The Ancients do kick butt in some fields.

Comment

Working...
      X