Where is the Bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
    I wonder how many wide angle lenses they would need to get a cool 360 panoramic view of the outside of the ship. Yeah you could design a pretty cool external monitoring system. Somehow I don't think it would be as awesome as what the Asgard have though.

Anyways I'm not saying it isn't a possibility. They could fly the ship from deep inside without seeing what is around them. After all submarines operate without any windows.
    not as hard as you'dd expect, just mount loads of cameras, put them on swivel mounts, rig a program to blend the feeds togerter, and presto!

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
      Thanks Vala, using your explanation and one of my screenshots I've made a visual of where the two bridge locations are. Bridge Location #1 is supposed to be the true location while the Bridge Location #2 is the engineering tower that has been used as the bridge in a few shots.
      Thanks Evil Genius...great diagram!
      sigpic

Comment

The dome is the bridge for the last time... IT'S TRUE!!!!!!
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Currently over Troubled Waters...
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Currently there is debt going on about this in the tauri hyperdrives thread about the bridge. I also believe the bridge is and supposed to be in the middle of the neck on the 304s and that the cg/vfx people were to lazy or didn't do it right.

Comment

Maybe the 304 is modular and the position of the bridge varies because of the mission.

But i still think that the bridge is in that tower .
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

the bridge is in the tower. do i really need to show the pictures in this thread too? Unending shows clearly that it's in the tower, and in every other episode you don't even SEE the neck.

Comment

Just because it is shown on in the episode doesn't mean its correct. As alot of people have siad and you the cgi/vfx people may have made a mistake. Besides when we see the odyssey enter the supergate the camera show the sg-1 team going past the event horzion then shows the ship going in or the other way round that does mean the bridge is in the tower. Unless we get absolote proof from either the producers or writers or whoever from the show all we can do is assume.

Just re-watched the epsidoe of undeing and yes it does show the bridge being in the tower. But like i said in the other trhead it could be possible that the 304's have two bridges. But having the bridge in the tower on the 304's doesn't make any sense. I shot to the tower and boom goes the bridge.
                  Last edited by Raj_2006; 07 January 2011, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
                    Just because it is shown on in the episode doesn't mean its correct. As alot of people have siad and you the cgi/vfx people may have made a mistake. Besides when we see the odyssey enter the supergate the camera show the sg-1 team going past the event horzion then shows the ship going in or the other way round that does mean the bridge is in the tower. Unless we get absolote proof from either the producers or writers or whoever from the show all we can do is assume.

Just re-watched the epsidoe of undeing and yes it does show the bridge being in the tower. But like i said in the other trhead it could be possible that the 304's have two bridges. But having the bridge in the tower on the 304's doesn't make any sense. I shot to the tower and boom goes the bridge.
                    i agree the logical place is the neck as it is far more protected

Comment

you see the ship go in to the front of the tower then you see sg-1. thats fairly big proof right there.

i dont see why the beridge being in the tower is bad, hataks have the bridge at the top, i imagine the tower being more foritifed then its looks

Comment

the tower screams shoot me shoot me honestly so i dotn see how thats a logical place lol

Comment

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
                          the tower screams shoot me shoot me honestly so i dotn see how thats a logical place lol
                          aircraft carriers dont get their bridges shot at.

Comment

How do you know escyos, it has been done before ships have had there bridges hit before. Take a lokk at past wars and battles invloing ships and you will see bridges being hit.

in the show i agree that it shows the bridge in the tower but it also shows in the middle so. Unless it has been mentioned by someone all we can do is assume where it is. Remember the bridge is the set and they added the footage afterwards. I know what i'm talking about as i'm doing media studies. Most likey the editors put in the wrond footage or they jsut keep chaing there minds about the desgin of the ship.

Comment

How do you know escyos, it has been done before ships have had there bridges hit before. Take a lokk at past wars and battles invloing ships and you will see bridges being hit.

in the show i agree that it shows the bridge in the tower but it also shows in the middle so. Unless it has been mentioned by someone all we can do is assume where it is. Remember the bridge is the set and they added the footage afterwards. I know what i'm talking about as i'm doing media studies. Most likey the editors put in the wrond footage or they jsut keep chaing there minds about the desgin of the ship.
                              your still wrong though

Comment

correction :

one shot at the (insert name of the bridge on any SG ship) and it's gone.

the Ha'tak's Peltak is on the outer hull. one well-placed shot and boom

the Ori Mothership's bridge is in the front of the ship near the outer hull. one shot = boom

same for prometheus, same for many ships. the only two ships in existence that don't seem to have the problems are ironicaly Hives and Wraith Cruisers. and replicators ships but they dont even have a bridge.

even asgard bridges are damn close to the outer hull.

Comment

Working...
                                X