Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goa'uld Technology, where did it come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are a few world that predate gould dominance that had significant tech, so maybe Harlan's world, the Atolnieks, and the Tobin. That along with scraps of ancient tech they could understand.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Yea I was wondering this a few days ago. I think when they came out of the waters on there home planet they were basically just cunning hunters and over the years their minds evolved inside the body of sentient beings until one day they were able to understand new stuff on their own. As to where they first got there piece of tech. Good question.

Comment

Obviously, they liked the design of the stargates and DHDs, and decided to base a lot of their designs on it, likely to associate the stargates to their own culture for eternity, while those who know about the Goa'uld are not fooled by such impression tricks.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I remember that episode well... but I don't remember them ever saying outright, or in a hidden meaning, that Goa'uld/Tok'ra symbiotes are sentient outside of a host.

The only people who might say this are the Goa'uld or the Tok'ra and since they both have huge egos, somewhat desrved but huge nonetheless, you really can't trust what they say about themselves on such a personal level, after all the Goa'uld say they are gods why wouldn't they say that they are sentient?
          I remember it to because I have it on DVD and can watch it whenever I want. They made the case that Goa'uld life is equal in value to a human life. It wouldn't be if it weren't considered at least sentient.

From the Merriam-Webster dictionary

Sentient-
          adjective
          Etymology: Latin sentient-, sentiens, present participle of sentire to perceive, feel
          Date: 1632
          1 : responsive to or conscious of sense impressions <sentient beings>
          2 : aware
          3 : finely sensitive in perception or feeling
          — sen·tient·ly adverb

Yeah I'm pretty sure they are sentient. In fact they are still debating the whether certain creatures on Earth are sentient. Sentient is a lot more encompassing than you would think.

There are worms that can reside in animal bodies on Earth, they are parasitic just like the Goa'uld but they are no different outside the body than they are inside the body.
          sigpic

Comment

I was just going over what I can remember from the episode where SG1 visit the Goa'uld homeworld and how the scientist there said that there was no sign of Naquadah in the fossilised remains of a symbiote. When, why and how did this start to happen? It must be important in their evolution as alot of their tech needs naquadah to operate, i.e. the healing device.

Comment

the Goa'uld took a few hosts, and then moved on. There have been dozens of worlds where the ruins were only a few hundred or thousands of years old. Some sentient race discovered hyperdrive, and a goa'uld stole it. With genetic memories and long life of 3-400 years learning would be expontenial.

Just look at what the SGC did in 7 years, by just reverse engineering Goa'uld Tech. They were able to build the Promethous, The 302 Fighter, etc.

The search for the Hak'tuar probably started by wondering what Alteran's looked like with humans having stories about humans with awesome powers.

Comment

^What's a Hak'tuar?

Comment

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
                  ^What's a Hak'tuar?
                  I think he meant Hok'Taur which is Goa'uld for "advanced human".
                  Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Working...
                  X