No announcement yet.

X-303/304 windows question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'C said lots of things in season 1 that are not true He claimed the hyper drives could only got 4x the speed of light (might be wrong on number but it was a lot slower then they actually go, which Carter even points out later in the episode.)

Considering the Goa'uld kept the Jaffa in a fairly primitive tech state they probably were not aware of super hard transparent materials.

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
      but Atlantis's shield worked in hyperspace
      Atlantis has a sheild totally different to anything we have ever seen, most sheilds don't just draw energy until the power source is depleted, where atlantis' does, perhaps this is something to do with it.
      Best quotes ever:
      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
      Thor:I like the yellow ones
      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
        Might not be a power problem, it might be that defensive shields are unable to be generated in a sub-space environment, the same could be true for directed energy weapons. Sub-Space radiation could disrupt the shields making them ineffective, it might also dissipate energy weapons. Projectile weapon might be destroyed by shear ect. or have their trajectory warped.
        weapons don't work because once the beam is outsid the ship's hyprspace bubble it either ceases to exist or drops in to normal spae.

A to the reason shield aren't used in hyperspace ii thin kit's simply practicality, why have shields up when no on can atack you (see above). but i think the naquadah alloy most ships in stargate seem to be made of does someting to reflect radiotion or soemthing. The replicators don't have shield up in hyper for this simple reason.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroq View Post
          Its transparent aluminum! Couldn't resist.
          No it isn't, it's aluminium for one(lol) and also how would you make it transparet, wouldn't it be easier to use smoe kind of diamond or crystal.
          Diamond windows, that would be expensive.
          Best quotes ever:
          O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
          Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
          Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
          O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
            No it isn't, it's aluminium for one(lol) and also how would you make it transparet, wouldn't it be easier to use smoe kind of diamond or crystal.
            Lol, it was a Star Trek reference

Specifically from the "Nuclear Wessels" movie.

I'd be more tempted to make a "transparisteel" joke tbh

Comment

Remember also back in S1 and such, when a Goa'uld ship shot into and out of Hyperspace, there was that big ship-wide jolt that sent everyone not braced flying. This was later edited out, but that could be why.
              When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
              Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
                Also, I should point out that our ships have shields around them while in hyperspace, hence why the radiation doesn't affect us (unlike Wraith ships which have to drop out of hyperspace to recover from the radiation since they don't have shields).
                This has nothing to do with shields. Wraith ships are organic in nature, and can therefore be harmed by radiation like every other organic thing. This means Wraith ships have to drop out of hyperspace every so often to allow their ships to recover from the damaging effects of the radiation.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                  Remember also back in S1 and such, when a Goa'uld ship shot into and out of Hyperspace, there was that big ship-wide jolt that sent everyone not braced flying. This was later edited out, but that could be why.
                  I doubt it, if it was strong enough to be in space it would probably be able to survive that jolt that didn't make anyone fall over, except for oneill lol. It wasn't edited out, it was just that the goa'uld got over it technologically.
                  Best quotes ever:

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                    Transparent Aluminium exists today
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxynitride
                    Though he was probably going for the star Trek reference.

Diamond windows wouldn't be very clear but current industrial diamonds are hundreds of times less expensive than what debeer's wants them to be and have a very tight control over the market. Industrial made diamonds cost something like $50 a caret.

Comment

Its glass, i think we can just assume apophis' glass making skills just sucked so he had to use little forcefields.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                        Transparent Aluminium exists today
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxynitride
                        Though he was probably going for the star Trek reference.

Diamond windows wouldn't be very clear but current industrial diamonds are hundreds of times less expensive than what debeer's wants them to be and have a very tight control over the market. Industrial made diamonds cost something like $50 a caret.
                        That's quite fantastic, I must have my house done out with that lol, I doubt I could afford it though $20,000 /m^2 is a bit out of my price range.
                        Best quotes ever:

Comment

Working...
                        X