No announcement yet.

Tactics used to Destroy Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were a System Lord, I would simply have a large number of Ha'taks and their support vessels launch a massive assault- Ha'taks easily have enough firepower to devastate entire cities single-handed- 10 or 20 could do the job comfortably, with Alkesh and Gliders thrown in for good measure. Of course, if the Asgard's treaty is still in play, I'd get my butt kicked afterward, but to simply destroy earth, that's what I'd do.
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield- Tennyson
    http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusings
    http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Asgard treaty is null and void.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

"One massive fleet. at least 24 ha'taks or hive ships this fleet has one and only one purpose to destroy the 304's. It will suffer heavy losses, but if they use a large combination of over whelming numbers, energy weapons, missiles, and fighters they will win. Also you need to close to point blank range. This is to prevent escape. a 304 has decent shields but they do fail."

Not enough Ha'taks, especially if the Odyssey is there. Need to double to at least 48. Why? 1 beam hit will likely destroy a Ha'tak. 24 Ha'tak fleet will be wiped out completely and easily by th e304's (Odyssey, Daedalus, Apollo and possibly the 'new' ship Phoneix) .

Not to mention the Antartic drone chair, ZPM and 1000's of drones. The Chair alone took out Super Ha'tak and about 40 Annubis improved Ha'taks.

10 Hives wont be enough. Possibly 30 Hives. You got 4 304's and the Chair to deal with. A Hive was taken out easily by about 100 drones in No Mans Land.

No, best strategy is to use SURPRISE, using cloaked ships. I think it is only a matter of time before some invents a device to detect cloaked ships as well. The black hole idea would work.

Unless you are the Ori that is, 7 Ori ships ought to do it. =) Or send in the entire fleet of possibly 50 ships, all over.

Comment

I would just take a cloaked Tel'tak, go to the moon, plant a very large explosive and then get the hell out of there. The Earths orbit should get totally screwed up and start a deadly change of events.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
            Thats to easy and you know it

It would work just the writers would never let it happen
            I think the writers would just pretend that the SGC is suddenly aware that another stargate is present in the system, and due to super sensors, they manage to pinpoint it inside the sun, and so they quickly devise a plan to destroy it or beam it out.
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Create a giant spacegate around the planet, even bigger, then dial it and let the woosh destroy earth leaving our only population on off world colonies, atlantis and 3 ships.
              Best quotes ever:
              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
              Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
              Thor:I like the yellow ones
              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Get five or six massive asteroids, about the size of the one Anubis threw at Earth, and then hyper-jump five of them in quick succession to low Earth orbit and, before you slow down from hyperspace, release them and then hyper-jump away as fast as possible. The sixth one should be launched in the same manner at the alpha site.

After this you'll need to go into hiding until the 304's drop their guard again and thus allowing you to make several direct strikes to them, maybe even taking out their uber weapons.

Once you are able to whittle down the defenses of the 304's, which will cost many ships, you will be able to set yourself up as the supreme power in the galaxy.

Comment

put soem inercialeesd rives on any ship, and a generator to power them, acclerate the said ship/s to near the speed of light, then enggae the hyperdrive close to earth (realatively speking, you could jump into mars orbit and still be going fast enough to reach earth in 15 minuites), there are no countermesires to this kind of atack, the 304 couldn't do anyhting.

Comment

Wow that was confusing the first time I read it lol, did you forget which key was which letter?^^
                    Best quotes ever:
                    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                    Thor:I like the yellow ones
                    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      put soem inercialeesd rives on any ship, and a generator to power them, acclerate the said ship/s to near the speed of light, then enggae the hyperdrive close to earth (realatively speking, you could jump into mars orbit and still be going fast enough to reach earth in 15 minuites), there are no countermesires to this kind of atack, the 304 couldn't do anyhting.

You are right of course but you needn't waste a ship to do so, just make a cannon and place it onto a ship and then Hyper-jump into orbit around Mars target Earth and fire several large relativistically accelerated projectiles at Earth and if any of the 304's have enough time to try and block said projectiles they will most likely be destroyed.

I suggested the Asteroid drop idea because all of the skills for a successful one have been demonstrated in the show.

Comment

you could also use a kamikaze teltak full of naquadria/naquadah and various nerve gases to hyper-jump with an asteroid right in the earth's orbit. in atmosphere disperse the gases than crash with the asteroid and the cargo. the impact itself would be devastating plus the nerve gas contamination would kill the rest of the survivors. one man and a little ship would be sacrificed to do the job.
                        sigpic

Comment

The most obvious way would be to make the Sol star go supernova. Bingo, unless Sam Carter finds the Asgard tech to reverse that, Earth is finished. The asgard mega-shield of the Odyssey may withstand a supernova blast, but there is no way to envelop Earth in a similar shield. Game over. Another way would be to overwhelm Earth with Ha'taks. I mean, send all Ha'taks from all System Lords and Earth is finished. Even if our Asgard-enhanced ships blow 1 Ha'tak per minute and is never destroyed, by the time they have destroyed all Ha'taks attacking Earth, all of the World's infra-structure and all cities with a population over a million people will have been destroyed by the Ha'ataks firing bolts at 200 megaton a shot. Presto: Earth is back to the Paleolithic era, and we won't be making a comeback. A third way is to get the flue virus with it's incredible ability to mutate, engineer it to be far more aggressive and release it on Earth. no matter the antibiotics we develop, the virus will adept and continue killing us ad nauseum, Presto: hundreds of million if not billions of Earthlings dead.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                            Wow that was confusing the first time I read it lol, did you forget which key was which letter?^^
                            typing to fast

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                            You are right of course but you needn't waste a ship to do so, just make a cannon and place it onto a ship and then Hyper-jump into orbit around Mars target Earth and fire several large relativistically accelerated projectiles at Earth and if any of the 304's have enough time to try and block said projectiles they will most likely be destroyed.

I suggested the Asteroid drop idea because all of the skills for a successful one have been demonstrated in the show.
                            yes, it seems all was needed was a single Hat'ak.

Comment

Originally posted by NoobTau'ri View Post
                              The most obvious way would be to make the Sol star go supernova. Bingo, unless Sam Carter finds the Asgard tech to reverse that, Earth is finished. The asgard mega-shield of the Odyssey may withstand a supernova blast, but there is no way to envelop Earth in a similar shield. Game over. Another way would be to overwhelm Earth with Ha'taks. I mean, send all Ha'taks from all System Lords and Earth is finished. Even if our Asgard-enhanced ships blow 1 Ha'tak per minute and is never destroyed, by the time they have destroyed all Ha'taks attacking Earth, all of the World's infra-structure and all cities with a population over a million people will have been destroyed by the Ha'ataks firing bolts at 200 megaton a shot. Presto: Earth is back to the Paleolithic era, and we won't be making a comeback. A third way is to get the flue virus with it's incredible ability to mutate, engineer it to be far more aggressive and release it on Earth. no matter the antibiotics we develop, the virus will adept and continue killing us ad nauseum, Presto: hundreds of million if not billions of Earthlings dead.

"road not taken". can be done by a full zpm in antartica.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                "road not taken". can be done by a full zpm in antartica.
                                What?

Comment

Working...
                                X