hat'tak vs hive ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
    or if ba'al found out how the replicaters upgraded the ha'tacks and then he copied the tech but not with replicater blocks. then with many of these he could ambush the ori. maybe steal a ship.
    A ha'tak with speeds comparable to the 'Enemies' Replicator speeds, steal an Ori ship, replicate its shields and then just mount a dozen more turrets on it aswell as somehow increase fire rate and you've got a very formiddible ship, certainly enough to take out a hive. Oh I dream of the day when the Ha'tak is the most feared ship in the stargate universe again .

Comment

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
      Hiveship would win but a Apophis flagship would beat a hive
      I think a match between Apophis flagship and hive would be much more even. However in the episode where he killed Heru'ur there was no visible shield flashes on his Ha'tak which may mean he didn't even raise his shields. Probably because he knew it wouldn't matter or did not have enough time. Either way his ship was shredded with only a few shots.

In the last season of SG-1 it was obvious that the pre-unending 304's were much stronger than the Ha'taks. The Daedalus had numerous encounters with Hive ships season 1-3 and never had an outright advantage on them. The first episode of season 3 saw the first encounter where the Daedalus actually managed to damage a hive substanially although the encounter ended in a stalemate as far as the ships were concerned with the Daedalus on the short end of the stick leaking Oxygen.
      sigpic

Comment

I wonder if we will ever got to see a ha'tak in the PG.............I personaly think it will only be a matter of time before a Hive reaches the MW and when that does happen (maybe in a movie) the Hive will bound to bump into a Ha'tak or 2.

I was really hoping for a Asgard O'Neil Class Ship Vs a Wraith Hive Ship ..................but I guess I'l never see that

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
          Right I've been thinkin about this for a good while now and I dont know what to think so i thought I'd ask you guys. So how good do you think a hat'tak would do up against a hive ship. I recon If you upgraded it with asgard shields it would at least be able to last long enough to make a rather large dent.
          This already showed up, and it's been a long thread.
          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

The only way a Ha'tak has a chance to beat a Hive is if it flies right into the Hive. It might be able to damage it beyond repair-ability.

Now the Ha'tak might have more of a chance against a Wraith Crusier.

But this has been debated enough to fill a novel.

Comment

The Anubis Super Weapon could wreck a hive ship maybe two hive ships I mean those secondary weapons are awsome powerful
              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              So whats the worst that could happen?
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                The Anubis Super Weapon could wreck a hive ship maybe two hive ships I mean those secondary weapons are awsome powerful
                Yes but how many Ha'taks is that equlivent to, 20, 30, 50? I'm saying that ship takes a lot of resources to build. And I am sure if a person had 20-50 Hataks they could destoy a hive.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                  Yes but how many Ha'taks is that equlivent to, 20, 30, 50? I'm saying that ship takes a lot of resources to build. And I am sure if a person had 20-50 Hataks they could destoy a hive.
                  That was not what I was saying

I was saying that the Anubis Super Weapon with all eyes could take on two hive ships maybe three if Anubis targeted the super weapons main cannon and used lighting bolts correctly
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                    That was not what I was saying

I was saying that the Anubis Super Weapon with all eyes could take on two hive ships maybe three if Anubis targeted the super weapons main cannon and used lighting bolts correctly
                    Ok, well you said about the secondary weapons. But maybe using the lighting weapon would be like putting a beetle in a mirowave. DING!!

Comment

We don't even know if the eyes are goa'uld technology...its not that impressive tbh saying that the most powerful ship/piece of technology the Goa'uld have ever constructed can destroy the Wraiths standard warship. If we gave the Wraith a bit of time to come up with something nasty I'm sure they could top it.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I'm kind of torn- an Ha'tak has shields, which the Hive ship lacks, but the Hive ship, being so much bigger, has more weaponry.

I think it boils down to whether the Ha'tak can score a hit on a critical system before it's shields are depleted- Ha'taks have the edge in agility, so if it could maneovere behind the Hive to target the engines, it might have a chance. It certainly can't afford to sit still- the Hive would pummel it.
                        To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield- Tennyson
                        http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusings
                        http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/

Comment

Hives ships fire power is far greater and will take out a Ha'taks shields very rapidly and easily.

Probably take 5-10 Ha'taks to take out a Hive.

Annubis super Ha'tak with the Eyes can likely take a out a Hive in 2-4 shots. But the Hive has a lot of incredibly powerful Ion Cannons. Certainly I see 2 Hives destroying Annubis super ship.

Comment

What are the numbers used to make such statements?
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                              Right I've been thinkin about this for a good while now and I dont know what to think so i thought I'd ask you guys. So how good do you think a hat'tak would do up against a hive ship. I recon If you upgraded it with asgard shields it would at least be able to last long enough to make a rather large dent.
                              This depends on two things:

- How long can a Ha'atak's shiled withstand hive bombardment in the teraton range?

- How many shots at 200 megaton per shot it takes to take out a hive?

Well, we can only speculate because againt here are too many "ifs" , "ands" and "buts".

We know for a fact that a gigaton naquadah enhanced bomb does nothing to the Ha'atak's shield. The hive fires bolts of enrgy in the teraton range. That's a thousand bombs like that per shot.

As for the hive, a gigaton level bomb can destroy it. If it takes, supposing, 5 gigatons to annihilate a hive, then it means 25 shots from the Ha'atak to take it out. So would the Ha'atak get to fire 25 shots before it's shield is overcome? My guess is no. I think 3 or 4 shots from the hive will overwhelm the Ha'taks shield. So the hive will win, although the 5 shots or so from the Ha'atak that will hit the hive will cause great, if not irreparable damage to it.

Comment

Originally posted by NoobTau'ri View Post
                                This depends on two things:

- How long can a Ha'atak's shiled withstand hive bombardment in the teraton range?
                                Cite your source please.

- How many shots at 200 megaton per shot it takes to take out a hive?
                                Probably many, but the hull has never appeared to be superior to Goa'uld shielding.

We know for a fact that a gigaton naquadah enhanced bomb does nothing to the Ha'atak's shield.
                                We don't know, they never went boom properly.
                                Only indirect evidence suggests that the shields are largely capable of handling much more than that.
                                You don't see ha'taks go down in 5 seconds, when they fire their 200 MT crap shots at each other.
                                Even those attacked by the replicator-enhanced ones remained battle capable for long.

The hive fires bolts of enrgy in the teraton range. That's a thousand bombs like that per shot.
                                Again, where is your source.

As for the hive, a gigaton level bomb can destroy it.
                                I disagree. What's the evidence for that claim?

Comment

Working...
                                X