No announcement yet.

Projectile Weapons vs Energy Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i vote energy weapon, maybe not a specific one on stargate but energy weapons on alot of shows, have alot more "ammo" and are accurate and deadly
    and maybe have a stun setting, unlike projectile weapons which run out of ammo can be accurate but hard to stun people
    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
    Anime signature in spoiler tag
    Spoiler:
    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

energy typically had a charge time and a low RoF, where the projectile can do massive ammounts of damage in a short period of time but ammo is finite. but overall versatility i would go with energy. ship based, energy unless there are projectile is specialized like a drone or some bomb that actually works its purpose.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

It's funny because it would be the total opposite in reality. Energy weapons would be the ammo hogs, especially in a man portable type situation.

The best use for them (realistically speaking) would probably be in ship to ship space combat or possibly even air to air combat in both cases using lasers or a very near c particle beam. You would then get the advantage of a basically instant hit over even vast distances. They also have interesting potential as defensive weapons to intercept incoming enemy missiles and artillery shells, something they're experimenting with right now. You can also use lasers to blind/damage/destroy sensor equipment or even human vision, though the latter would likely be quickly countered with some sort of helmet add on.

Comment

You know the beauty of energ weapons is tha tmost travel at or close to the speed of light wich make them almost imposible to dodge.
          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by iqbalg1 View Post
            Thats why Drones are so awesome:
            They are essentially projectile weapons (dependent on ammo, insanely good rate of fire) augmented by energy (allowed to ignore newton's law (which would slow down the projectile) because the energy penetrates shields and probably burns through alot of material)

We should do something like that..such as a handheld weapon that fires projectiles using magnets powered using naquadah and contains some small explosive or corrosive material at the tip of the bullet. (which wouldn't be set off by propelling the bullet since no explosion)
            Harmony
            Spoiler:
            MINI DRONES
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I don't know much about guns but from my understanding isn't projectile weapons as we have it today are mostly kinetic weapons? so the amount of damage depends on the ammo/bullets used right? If that is the case wouldnt an energy bullet be somewhat more effective, a bullet that's made of energy travel at about the same speed if not faster than guns that are available today. So it doesn't just 'burn' the skin/surface it actually goes through the target and burn it while going through it. I think that would be more effective.

Comment

Working...
              X