No announcement yet.

rate the stargate ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAMSR'd showed at least that the Asuran Aurora's are no match for the 304's or the Ori ships.

Now Ancient Aurora's with ZPM are likely a close match. But Odyssey and Ori ships are still above that.

Obviously with Atlantis shield it is #1.

Comment

I completely agree with fugimans list and reasons, is perfect imo.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
        BAMSR'd showed at least that the Asuran Aurora's are no match for the 304's or the Ori ships.

Now Ancient Aurora's with ZPM are likely a close match. But Odyssey and Ori ships are still above that.

Obviously with Atlantis shield it is #1.
        if the Ancient Aurora's mangaed to fire its drones before taking to much damage it would win but i dont no if it would get the chance.

Comment

A few beam hits will finish the Aurora.

The Aurora need to get in 100-500 drones to take out 304's shields and Ori shields. The Odyssey, it may very well take 1000 drones [or it may take 50,000 drones, see movie] to take down its shields.

304's gets out 2 beams in 1 second, Ori=1 beam in a second. Beams travel close to light speed.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
            My Rankings

1. Atlantis- Best Shields in show so far also the city is defended by drones as added firepower

2a. Odyssey (unending upgrades with ZPM)- Best ship we have seen by far because of size, speed, weapons, maneuverability, shields, and power source it can go toe to toe with any ship

2b. Ori warship- This ship is equal to the Odyssey but is bigger so easy target and is not piloted by our heroes so it lacks the all powerful hero shield

3a. Aurora class- From what we have seen it is a powerful ship but lacks as powerful shields and weapons other then drones however it does have impressive armor and took a beating from wraith ships but still no match for the Odyssey or Ori because of the events of BAMSR showed us weakness of the ships

3b. O'Neill class- With current upgrades given to the tau'ri this ship would be number 2 but because we never saw the upgrades on an Asgard O'Neill we have to go by what the show and it has impressive weapons, shields, speed, and it has beams allowing for it to beam things outside of the ship

3c. 304 with Asgard weapons (no ZPM) As shown in BAMSR more then a match for the Aurora class however as we have not seen a true ancient Aurora class I have to say they are equal ships as of now

4a. Anubis's Superweapon- This ship was able to take out a stargate more then an impressive feat as the stargate is one of the most indestructible items in the Stargate Verse. Also it has impressive secondary weapons being the lighting like blasts that destroyed numerous goa'uld ha'taks

4b. Replicator Upgraded Ha'tak- Able to be one of the fastest ships ever along with being more then a match for any goa'uld vessel however we never say the true power of the weapons system as they were boarding other ships and taking them still a very powerful ships

5. Wraith Hive Ship- Great Offensive weapons but lack of shields and the one ship that Earth ships can take on with out the Unending upgrades however the armor makes up for lack of shields but still not enough to go futher up on the list

6a. Anubis's Ha'tak- Upgraded version of a regular ha'tak, has better shields and sensors as for weapons no canon evidince in either direction

6b. Beliskner class- Outdated version of Asgard ships and able to be taken out Anubis's Ha'taks showing the weakness of this outdated and older techonoglies

7a. Goa'uld Ha'tak- Shown to be a powerful vessel however has become cannon fodder but it has good offensive weapons with a good rate of fire however the shields are shown to be weak and has a poor hyperdrive but still more then a match when in numbers for any ship

7b. Regular 304- Has advanced shields and Hyperdrive however it lacks good offensive weapons to take on shielded oppents so it ranks the same as a ha'tak

8. 303 (Asgard updates)- Shown to be a worthy ship however it took one shot in Ethon while the 304 took two shots from the ori main battleship before failing so as said in the show it was tacked on later so not as effective as the 304 which was integrated originally, however it was Earth's first ship and was impressive for a race so young to interstellar technology and showed how far we have come

9a. Ori fighter- Has really good shields and good pulsed weapons but lack hyperdrive, cloak, and other things the other 9 ranked ships have

9b. Puddle Jumper- Great small ship, great cloak, can go through the gate and has several drones, but lacks hypderdrive, and amazing shields so it is below the other bigger ships

9c. Al'kesh- Equal to a Jumper as it has offensive weapons, hyperdrive, and cloak equal it out

10a. F-302- Shown to be a good fighter

10b. Needle-Threader- Can go through gate but is hard to pilot

10c. Death Glider- Shown to be a good fighter and has shot down earht 302's

10d. Wraith Dart- Fast, good rate of fire, and can go through gate

This is my list and I'm sticking with it
            Anyone else want to debate this list? I always look for a good debate
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
              Anyone else want to debate this list? I always look for a good debate
              ummmmmm..... maybe the 304 with beam weapons should go above aurora

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
              Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I agree with fugimans list, well thought out. The only bit I disagree with is the weaknes of the replicator Auroras. One of the writers said that although they are good imitations of the ships built by the Ancients, they are just that; imitations. I think if we came across an undamaged Ancient-built Aurora it would do a lot better than the replicator ones. There is also the debate that the replicators weren't prepared for the events of BAMSR etc etc but I'm not going into all that now.
                sigpic

Comment

needle threader at bottom with dath glider and dart above it.

resons: NT hard to pilot, old tech.

death glider: made to intimidate, inacurate weapons

dart: beter than both cuz it can go though the gate and do it easily, has a culing beam.

Comment

Aurora pulse weapons do significant damage too, so used in combination an Ancient ancient controlled Aurora could probably destroy the upgraded 304 without a ZPM while it takes heavy damage. And most probably the Ori ships as well. (Ref. Lifeline the Apollo wasnt holding up to well to an Asuran cruiser's pulses. and Ancient Aurora> Asuran Aurora> Asuran Cruiser.) They would probably be best suited if they were to fight long range as its drones could navigate and pulse weapons have a greater chance of hitting the target because of their sheer numbers. Beam weapons fire a few shots, though they might be powerful, at long range its acuracy will still be affected. Close range its a toss up between the three, but ori will come up last
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      needle threader at bottom with dath glider and dart above it.

resons: NT hard to pilot, old tech.

death glider: made to intimidate, inacurate weapons

dart: beter than both cuz it can go though the gate and do it easily, has a culing beam.
                      and 302 above them all!!!

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I think this is another one to do in teirs or levels since some of the match ups could probably go either way depending on commander.

Here's how I'd rate them

Teir 1

Atlantis

Teir 2

O'neill Class, Ori ship, Anubis ship /w eyes, Real deal Aurora (not replicator one), real replicator block ship

Teir 3

Wankwangon version of 304, Hiveship (low T3), Apophis' flagship, Beliskner, Anubis ship w/o eyes

Teir 4

Upgraded Ha'tak, Wraith cruiser, Asuran knockoff Aurora, prewank 304, Daniel Jackson class, Travellers ship

Teir 5

Early Ha'tak, X303 with shields

Teir 6

Alkesh, X303 before any upgrades, Puddlejumper

Teir 7

Pretty much all the fighters go here, none of them really stand out as massively better than the others. The 302 is the only one with missiles but it's also the only one that might have trouble with multiple orbit/de-orbits and it's the only one that seems like it could actually run out of ammo. The Dart has the most interesting technology and probably the most potential with the culling beam, but since they don't actually jam it full of stored bombs/missiles it doesn't actually get much out of it combat wise. The Ori one is basically just a deathglider that looks different, pretty dissapoining actually, and the deathglider is well, a deathglider.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                          I think this is another one to do in teirs or levels since some of the match ups could probably go either way depending on commander.

Here's how I'd rate them

Teir 1

Atlantis

Teir 2

O'neill Class, Ori ship, Anubis ship /w eyes, Real deal Aurora (not replicator one), real replicator block ship

Teir 3

Wankwangon version of 304, Hiveship (low T3), Apophis' flagship, Beliskner, Anubis ship w/o eyes

Teir 4

Upgraded Ha'tak, Wraith cruiser, Asuran knockoff Aurora, prewank 304, Daniel Jackson class, Travellers ship

Teir 5

Early Ha'tak, X303 with shields

Teir 6

Alkesh, X303 before any upgrades, Puddlejumper

Teir 7

Pretty much all the fighters go here, none of them really stand out as massively better than the others. The 302 is the only one with missiles but it's also the only one that might have trouble with multiple orbit/de-orbits and it's the only one that seems like it could actually run out of ammo. The Dart has the most interesting technology and probably the most potential with the culling beam, but since they don't actually jam it full of stored bombs/missiles it doesn't actually get much out of it combat wise. The Ori one is basically just a deathglider that looks different, pretty dissapoining actually, and the deathglider is well, a deathglider.
                          have you been watching the same stargate as me there is no way an O'neill Class is close to an Ori ship. plus we no that the Beliskner class is not as powerful as a Upgraded Ha'tak (if u mean the Anubis ha'tack). also we no an upgarded 304 is more powerful than a ori ship.
                          really i dont think that is a very good list

Comment

So-called "Real deal" Aurora would definitely lose to the Odyssey and Ori ship (s). lol. I suppose we will never see these mythical Aurora's. Obviously intelligent machines with all the specs for the ships cannot built them at least as good as their fleshy counterparts. Flawless logic. Oh, by the way, they can make ZPM's like AA batteries.

There is no way an O'Neill is as powerful as the new 304's with beams and Ori ships. An O'Neill can definitely destory these supposedly fake Asuran Aurora's (Writers covering their behinds) and the "real" ones if they only fire few drones at once. 1-2 drone barrages wont cut it.

ETC. I like the Tier system, but see some mistakes.

Ori ships coming last? Only thing that was able to penetrate Ori shields was the beams. All the shows so far indicate Oddysey > Ori shps >= 304's > Ancient Auroras >= Asuran Auroras. 304's shields are too weak to take many beam hits from Ori weapon, unlike the Odyssey with a ZPM.

Go watch AoT, see what they thought the Antartic chair with 1000's of drones were capable of against 7 Ori ships (keep in mind said drones easily took out Annubis massive 40 ship fleet).
                            Last edited by JSPuddlejumper; 03 February 2008, 03:13 PM.

Comment

I think the ships category should be broken down into two different categories: Fighters and Cruisers/Carriers. Its like comparing a speed boat to a aircraft carrier.

I think think the most under-rated ship is the Puddlejumper. Ability to fire drones, cloak, and shield. It is much more powerful than a Tel'tek, and it is more manuveurable.

I would have like to have seen more of the Ori fighter. I think that fighter has a alot of potential. Especially with the ability to deploy rings on planets, so troops can start with their occupation. That was an awesome tactic.

: Green is Good.
                              sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

OK, could we rate ships at their present level, I find the pre-want, after-want naming really anoying.

Comment

Working...
                                X