No announcement yet.

Walking through the other side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id like to think you just come out the back side of the other gate.
    Loved SG-1
    Loved Atlantis

Comment

*boards up the back of the gate*

There, that's settled.

Comment

Originally posted by teamhex View Post
        Not at all, I searched it. I think I didnt use the correct keywords. Ill do a bit more digging next time.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=31597

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=20814

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=19382

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50189
        Last edited by jds1982; 26 January 2008, 02:57 PM.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

It could be that the other side reacts like a force field would. Makes more sense than destroying things (if that's the case, we probably would have seen the gate used as an execution device, as we've seen the WHOOSH being used).

It couldn't be used for transport (so if you'd go in the back, you'd also come back through the back) In this case, why there's never an iris or a force field protecting the back?

The original supposition (that it just rejects anything that attempts to pass through, as if it were a solid object) is far more likely.

Now what happens if something is INSIDE the ring while the gate activates?
          If it's in the center it would be destroyed by the WHOOOSH, but if it's on the edge then I believe it will be just cut off.

Question 1: how did the stone blocks in Egypt disable the stargate? What does it help that it's buried? It might work for MW-gates (the analog dialer can't rotate, rofl), but the PG-gates which are digital just can't be handled that way.

Question 2: how does the Iris on Earth look when it's open? Why can't we see the edges show from behind the gate? Or at least the engines that move it around.
          sigpic
          Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

^^ I always thought that the wormhole wouldn't be able to form through solid matter, so if you had something in the middle you wouldn't be able dial in.
            Best quotes ever:
            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
            Thor:I like the yellow ones
            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by teamhex View Post
              What would happen if you walked in the back side of an active gate?

That way's the reason we don't talk about Jonus anymore.

That poor poor *******.

Comment

i read somewhere that there is no "back side" to the wormhole. the event horizon is a one dimensional entrance and the backside is just the visual aspect of the fracturing of space-time.

So i guess if someone walked through the back side it would be as though he were walking backwards thru the gate while it was inactive. Since it's one dimensional there's no "where" to walk into.
                sigpic
                Doctor Who and Top Gear
                The only thing better would be if I won the lottery.

Comment

so what happens if 2 people step through both "sides" in the same time?
                  sigpic
                  Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

that's easy. The person entering the front would be dematerialized and sent to the destination, while the person entering the back would walk through as though nothing were there.
                    sigpic
                    Doctor Who and Top Gear

Comment

i think you would just die!!
                      sigpic
                      [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

why, what would cause the death?
                        sigpic
                        Doctor Who and Top Gear

Comment

Originally posted by JJSNgadget View Post
                          why, what would cause the death?
                          i dunno but i think that because no one has ever done i think no one really nos wat would happen if they were sure it didn't cause death then they would try it
                          sigpic
                          [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
                            i dunno but i think that because no one has ever done i think no one really nos wat would happen if they were sure it didn't cause death then they would try it
                            yea, but why would they try it if there were no reason to.
                            sigpic
                            Doctor Who and Top Gear

Comment

Working...
                            X