Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think is more advance PG or MW ancients.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jarnin they were known as Alterans first, then the Anicents then Atlanteans/lanteans, they were known as the Atlanteans when they where in the pg galaxy not b4. Got to the ompeida (spelling) it clearly states tht they are the Anicents who lived in Altantis when they were in the pg galaxy.

Comment

definitely MW Ancients. PG Ancienst were bunch of arrogant and overconfident bullheads (e.g. Helia)
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

The thing is tht the PG Ancients are more advanced but were too arrogant, plus they have not been in a war for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
          Jarnin they were known as Alterans first...
          Right...

then the Anicents...
          Nah, the only ones who called them ancients were the younger races like the Asgard and humans.

then Atlanteans/lanteans
          Right...

they were known as the Atlanteans when they where in the pg galaxy not b4. Got to the ompeida (spelling) it clearly states tht they are the Anicents who lived in Altantis when they were in the pg galaxy.
          You say that as if the omnipedia on Gateworld were an official source or something. It's not.

Perhaps I should explain this in a way that everyone here will understand?
          In the episode Lost City Pt. II when SG-1 visits the ancient outpost on Proclarus Taonas the most recent image of Earth in the outposts computer is shown about 30 million years out of date, according to Daniel.
          In the episode The Pegasus Project, Morgan LeFay explains:
          Originally posted by The Pegasus Project
          Proculas Taonas was one of the earliest Lantean cities. It was abandoned when the inhabitants learned their sun was nearing the end of its life.
          So what we have is a Lantean city, in the Milky Way, that was abandoned 30 million years ago.

That puts the kibosh on the idea that the Lanteans only started calling themselves such once they reached Pegasus.

Another thing that I've tried to point out here is that the Alterans and the Lanteans spent about the same amount of time living in the Milky Way. The Alterans spent about 20 million years living here before the plague killed them off, and the Lanteans spent about 20 million years here before they left for Pegasus. Calling the Alterans "Milky Way ancients" and the Lanteans "Pegasus ancients" isn't an accurate or precise description. It ignores the fact that we're talking about two distinct civilizations, with one living several millions years after the other one died off.

The topic should be "Who do you think is more advanced; the Alterans or the Lanteans?", and the answer is clearly the Lanteans, as has been pointed out here several times.
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

"Jarnin" isn't even worthy of a reply. The Ancients only started calling themselves Lanteans in the Pegasus Galaxy. Everything they achieved in the Milky Way was done when they called themselves the Alterra or Ancients. Case closed. Jarnin is wrong. Period. Just admit that you are wrong and move on. This is not debatable.

Comment

This debate is stupid. Obviously they got more advanced as they progressed, not less. If they chose not to use certain technologies again (the dakara weapon) then that was a choice. They don't have to carry all that crap with them to retain the knowledge of how it works...its called computers guys, they could just store all that crap. Basic physical concepts all the way to blueprints. As much as it pains me to make this distinction, since the PG ancients came after, I'd say they're more advanced than the MW ancients.
              The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

In all logic, the Pegasus dudes should be more advanced. They packed all the tech they had from their Milky Way days, and brought it in Pegasus, became known as the Lantians.

Regarding ascension, there's nothing that tells it was discovered in Pegasus, unless I'm mistaken, all the clues were found in Atlantis, which was already present in the Milky Way millions of years ago.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

they were about advance as each other because the pg took technology with them when they left the mw and they must have have bought back new technology when they left pg

Comment

Originally posted by NoobTau'ri View Post
                    "Jarnin" isn't even worthy of a reply.
                    Nice attitude.

The Ancients only started calling themselves Lanteans in the Pegasus Galaxy.
                    I'll ask again: Cite your reference.

Everything they achieved in the Milky Way was done when they called themselves the Alterra or Ancients. Case closed. Jarnin is wrong. Period. Just admit that you are wrong and move on. This is not debatable.
                    That's not how this works. When you make a statement that others question, you have to provide some evidence to back up your statements. You've provided nothing.

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn
                    In all logic, the Pegasus dudes should be more advanced. They packed all the tech they had from their Milky Way days, and brought it in Pegasus...
                    Right. They had this big ol' ship called Atlantis that had a database of all their knowledge on it.

...became known as the Lantians.
                    They'd been known as the Lanteans for 20 million years at the time they left the Milky Way.

Regarding ascension, there's nothing that tells it was discovered in Pegasus, unless I'm mistaken, all the clues were found in Atlantis, which was already present in the Milky Way millions of years ago.
                    Ascension had been around since the plague struck, or at least that's how the story goes. The Lanteans were still trying to figure it all out 10,000 years ago, which is why the Atlantis Expedition was finding research and experiments related to ascension.

Originally posted by Jaffa Teal'c
                    they were about advance as each other because the pg took technology with them when they left the mw and they must have have bought back new technology when they left pg
                    They came back through the gate, so while they could have brought some of their goodies back with them, they'd have had to rebuild when they got back to the Milky Way.

Kind of like Agnos.
                    Spoiler:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post

They came back through the gate, so while they could have brought some of their goodies back with them, they'd have had to rebuild when they got back to the Milky Way.
                      ya but they would have bought the plans back with them

Comment

They'd been known as the Lanteans for 20 million years at the time they left the Milky Way.
                        Maybe as people living in this city, but it's unlikely that they were known as the lantian civilization.

Once Atlantis was the cradle of a new beginning, the new civilization would be known as that of the Lantians.

Ascension had been around since the plague struck, or at least that's how the story goes. The Lanteans were still trying to figure it all out 10,000 years ago, which is why the Atlantis Expedition was finding research and experiments related to ascension.
                        I'm not sure there's any evidence that they were still trying to crack ascension 10,000 years ago. As I said, all the stuff they had in labs in Atlantis could have already been in the city before they departed.
                        Besides, there was that Sanctuary (Epiphany) which was completed to allow anyone to ascend. This seems a rather too convenient finished project on a larger scale, for a society still studying ascension.
                        What may have been different is trying to reach ascension via a technology boost.

As for Agnos, it's not fitting with the picture of the defeated and disminished race that the Lantians were when they returned.
                        Considering that lantian architecture was found in the Milky Way (Atlantis) well before the Pegasus era, Agnos must have been built either slightly before Atlantis, at the same time, or slightly after by those who remained.

Knowing the purpose of Agnos, if it was dated as largely pre-Pegasus, it would clearly show that ascension was already heavily studied and largely understood then, even before the Lantians moved.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by helio9 View Post
                          This debate is stupid. Obviously they got more advanced as they progressed, not less. If they chose not to use certain technologies again (the dakara weapon) then that was a choice. They don't have to carry all that crap with them to retain the knowledge of how it works...its called computers guys, they could just store all that crap. Basic physical concepts all the way to blueprints. As much as it pains me to make this distinction, since the PG ancients came after, I'd say they're more advanced than the MW ancients.
                          The debate is not stupid. I have provided ample logical deliberation on the topic for why the Ancients were more advanced/as advanced in the MW Galaxy as they were in Pegausus.

Have you ever head of a little word called "stagnation"? It's a good word. Search for it. The Chinese of the Song Dynasty were the most advanced people on Earth, but then the Europeans of the 19th Century ar surpassed them. Again, they staganted. There is no reason to believe that a people must absolutely advance en continuum.

The Ancients in the Pegasus Galxy were technologically staganant. No "ifs", "ands" or "buts"! They had everything they displayed in the PG in the MW Galaxy. The only attemp to advance their technology further in Pegasus was the Arhturus Project, and that was undertaken only 10 millenia ago, after more than 5 million years in Pegasus! They still used ZPMs 10 000 years ago, the same power source they already had in the MW Galaxy over 5 million years ago.

Comment

Nice attitude.
                            Thanks. It's not worse than your replies, which are made out of spite because I called you out for something that is obviously incorrect and now you're holding a grudge and will argue with me ad nauseum to save face, even though you're obviously wrong.

I'll ask again: Cite your reference.
                            My reference is the Omnipedia, which states that the Ancients started calling themselves Lanteans in the Pegasus Galaxy, when they settled in a planet called Lantea.

That's not how this works. When you make a statement that others question, you have to provide some evidence to back up your statements. You've provided nothing.
                            The only one who questions this is you. Why should I provide evidence to prove something that is common knowledge?

Right. They had this big ol' ship called Atlantis that had a database of all their knowledge on it.
                            Irrelevant. What's your point?

They became Lanteans in the Pegasus Galaxy. The Ancients living in the MW Galaxy were knows as the Alterra or Ancients. Now it is me who will demand you provide evidence for what you're saying.

No, the knowledge of ascension comes from much before that. And how is this relevant to the topic at hand?

Ugh...hm...ok...so...how is this relevant to anything relating to this discussion?

Comment

Thanks. It's not worse than your replies, which are made out of spite because I called you out for something that is obviously incorrect and now you're holding a grudge and will argue with me ad nauseum to save face, even though you're obviously wrong.
                              It's interesting how you repeatedly tell me I'm wrong, yet you won't provide any evidence as to why I'm wrong.

My reference is the Omnipedia, which states that the Ancients started calling themselves Lanteans in the Pegasus Galaxy, when they settled in a planet called Lantea.
                              Gateworld's omnipedia isn't an official source. Try citing something from an episode that states that the Lanteans only began being called that in the Pegasus galaxy.

The only one who questions this is you. Why should I provide evidence to prove something that is common knowledge?
                              Maybe because it's a common assumption? Like I said, provide some evidence to support your claim.

Irrelevant. What's your point?
                              I was replying to Mister Oragahn.

They became Lanteans in the Pegasus Galaxy. The Ancients living in the MW Galaxy were knows as the Alterra or Ancients. Now it is me who will demand you provide evidence for what you're saying.
                              I already have. Morgan LeFay clearly calls Proculus Taonas one of the first Lantean cities.

No, the knowledge of ascension comes from much before that. And how is this relevant to the topic at hand?
                              I was obviously replying to Mister Oragahn.

Ugh...hm...ok...so...how is this relevant to anything relating to this discussion?
                              Again, replying to someone other than you. Perhaps you should read who I'm quoting so you don't get confused.

Comment

I already have. Morgan LeFay clearly calls Proculus Taonas one of the first Lantean cities.
                                Interesting. When did she say that, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Working...
                                X