Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asuran Auroras weak because of no ZPM's (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^No, only in theory, and even then, i don't believe it's possible to have mini universes in box. I mean, you can extract energy, but they way they portray it on the show.. from a box ?
    I don't know man ...

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
      ^^No, only in theory, and even then, i don't believe it's possible to have mini universes in box. I mean, you can extract energy, but they way they portray it on the show.. from a box ?
      I don't know man ...
      Thats why it's called science fiction
      sigpic

Comment

a universe in a box seems unlikely since we lived safely with 3 mini universes boxes exploding right above lantea.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
          a universe in a box seems unlikely since we lived safely with 3 mini universes boxes exploding right above lantea.
          its not a univerese inside a box
          its more like acsess to another univerese through a box
          Avidffanimation YouTube | AvidffanFiction Youtube | AvidffanAlpha Youtube
          sigpic

Comment

Maybe there is another reason too, the Replicators had no desire to better themselves or their technology which they've copied from the Ancients. The reason their ships seem weaker is because the Ancients technology continued to improve while the Replicators didn't. I believe it was todd who said that a single Ancient drone could Penetrate the shields of the Daedalus (which are Asgard designed shields) indicating that the Ancients upgraded the drones in the war. Plus I don't think the improvements would've stopped there, probably most if not all their technology would be better; including shields.

A problem: this doesn't explain why then Larren's Ancient Aurora's drones didn't work better on the Replicators Aurora's shields. Maybe the Replicator's shields are even better than Asgard shields too?

It's possible Larren's Aurora is one of the oldest the Ancients had and less advanced as the later ones?

Comment

^^^ Actually Larrins Aurora destroyed an Asuran Aurora easily, 2 Drones obliterated it.
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                ^^^ Actually Larrins Aurora destroyed an Asuran Aurora easily, 2 Drones obliterated it.
                In the midst of a massive battle, if you are referring to what I think you are. We have no idea what happened to that ship before hand. It could have been half dead by that point.
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                  In the midst of a massive battle, if you are referring to what I think you are. We have no idea what happened to that ship before hand. It could have been half dead by that point.
                  Didn't look damaged. It also wasn't under attack. Judging from the amount of ships the Asurans had I'm inclined to think it was a pretty fresh Aurora. Unless it lost shields sometime in the battle, wasn't touched afterwards and its shields didn't get repaired an Ancient Aurora is going to kill an Asuran version. However you are right it may not have been a fresh Asuran Aurora, but IMO it looked pretty fresh to me.

There's also the undisputable fact that those Asuran versions sucked offensively compared to Ancient ones. Alll you have to do is watch No Mans Land to see that.

Edit: I stand somewhat corrected the Asuran Aurora was shot at several times by a Traveler ship from underneath, however there were no visible impacts.
                  Last edited by Buba uognarf; 24 January 2009, 08:48 AM.
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I agree, the Replicator Aurora's aren’t any ware near as good as their Ancient Sister ships. And I still believe that is simply because the’re not as advanced and not because of the lack of a ZPM. It's likely if an Ancient Aurora (with or without ZPM power) came up against a couple of 304's, the 304's wouldn't stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                      But still does not explain why few drones were fired. 2 Aurora's without presumably ZPM's easily destroyed Hive (No Man's Land one) and Cruiser (Larren's Aurora).
                      maybe they didn't want to unload all of their drones at once, a if a navy ship fired all of it's missiles at once at one enemy it would most definitely kill it, but then when the next enemy comes that ship would be pretty screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Myrddin7 View Post
                        I agree, the Replicator Aurora's aren’t any ware near as good as their Ancient Sister ships. And I still believe that is simply because the’re not as advanced and not because of the lack of a ZPM. It's likely if an Ancient Aurora (with or without ZPM power) came up against a couple of 304's, the 304's wouldn't stand a chance.
                        But something that people often forget is that all those ships were built in less than a year. My bet is that

- either they were hastily assembled
                        - or just made to destroy Earth. And from Elisabeth they may have known that we had nothing but a few 304 (2 + 1 with a ZPM) and the Ancient chair (that they would have immediately targeted like the superhive in EATG).

Either way they didn't think that we could form a sufficient alliance with the Wraith and the Travelers and that we could make a FRAN. For that part, they were particularly unlucky.

Except that, to me, Asuran are replicators in that they wanted to replicate Ancient technology. If they had the drafts, they would have built the device without changing anything. If they didn't, they would probably the initial design they had in mind so that the results (in that case destruction) are the same.

Yet if the Wraith stopped their experiences before their Auroras become too powerful, then when McKay reactivated their agressivity millenia later, they just resumed them. And thus come the half powerful Auroras.

My only point is that its a shame to have destroyed Asuras. I really think that for 10'000 years they improve on Ancient technology but we will never know on what field.
                        La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                        L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Working...
                        X