Asgard Beam Weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
    Ancients do not seem to be good at fighting, let alone being good at war. At best they were piss poor.

The Asgard were at best average at war and fighting.

Nox, none existant.

Furlings? Mink coats?

Conclusion: Asgard for the win.

Best at war? Humans, Wraith, G'ould.
    Yeah it seems all of the advance races aren't good at war tactics.
    sigpic

Comment

Ancients do not seem to be good at fighting, let alone being good at war. At best they were piss poor.

Nox, none existant.

Furlings? Mink coats?

the Asuran are by far the worst at war for what they are

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
        Go to the home page & read the interview with MP....What does he call them?

Secondly, you can get such technology which combines both laser & plama!
        a laser is just light and the Asgard Beam Weapons did not go the speed of light did they

Comment

^The so called beam weapons speed depends on the CGI used at the time.

Same goes for the drones and other CGI effects.

If they are beam me Scotty weapons, they should go way faster than missile type weapons, close or near speed of blight.

Like Star Trek laser, uh phasers. LOL.

Yeah, the problem with very advanced races is that they have moved beyond war for so many centuries, millennia, eons etc., they do not know how to fight it to win.

Asurans are piss poor at it, since they imitate the Ancients, that is how 'good' the Ancients were.

Comment

^ Yes CG can take control of that but they would know that for the speed to be realistic when its a laser that they would make the ship start firing and hitting the target in the same frame. Plus how can you refute what they stated on the show, the show is canon if they say its lasers its lasers if they said its plasma beams then it is and must be plasma beams. Ion canon is acceptable because plasma is made of ions but plasma canon should be used if your gonna complain that its long than just type PC for plasma canon or PBW for plasma beam weapon. Discussion on that topic is now done, i expect to never have to argue this again.

That seems accurate except you have absolutely NO proof of that. We have never seen an Ancient fight none the less battle with ships, and as john said "they could win almost every fight but couldnt find a way to end the war" implying that they did have military might that was commanded very well.

Nox, none existant.

Furlings? Mink coats?

Well because we havent met the Furling, Nox were pacifist, and the asgard were more high tech than the Gould which allowed their wins. But we've actually seen them loose more often then win, almost every time they encountered the replicators they lost, they probably fled the battle at Camelot.

That i must agree on, though the Gould did have much better tactics than the wraith. Wraith soldiers are just stronger.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Best at war? Jack & Hammond proved themselves more so than the collective forces of any race.

Everyone else is stupid. The Wraith especially, since Tptb said that they created the Wraith to be stupid.

Why are the Wraith stupid? If they weren't, in the end of the Siege pt.3 they would've sent down a WMD to make sure there weren't any survivors, which would've annihilated the Atlantis Expedition.

Goa'uld? Earth would be destroyed or conquered by now.

Replicators? Would've sent colonies into Ida & Pegasus for good measure.

Asurans? Would've spread out to at least 3 solar systems... come on! A single cityship with drone & ZPM production facilities could've taken down fleets of Wraith Hives. A handful would've made dust of all Wraith & Tau'ri.

Jack coordinated the team/armies that destroyed the Goa'uld & Replicators.

Hammond coordinated the defenses in the largest scale battle that the Earth has ever seen. He then destroyed one of the largest fleets that the Universe has seen.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                What Asgard ships are they then? No Asgard ship has the beam weapons, so you're argument is flawed in that sense. The best the Asgard had before their demise was the O'neill saying they had the technology to make a better ship is the same as me saying the Ancients had the technology to make a better ship.

IMO an Aurora not hampered by the plot firing hundreds of drones would destroy an Oneill. The Dakara weapon would wipe out the humans of the galaxy as well so it was a no go.
                They would selectively take out ships, they wouldn't just clear a whole galaxy. We do know that the asgard had the plasma beams, so why wouldn't they have them on their warships. You're right, if the aurora fired drones by the hundreds like in no mans land, then it would win, unless we had the element of suprise which IMO was a crap excuse. The beams can take out auroras in 2 shots, the drones would probably take longer to fire, so maybe both would be destroyed
                Best quotes ever:
                O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                Thor:I like the yellow ones
                O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Its possible the Asgard learned a few things from the Replicators. The first episode of season 5 the replicators attacked Apophis with similar beam weapons. The Asgard could have seen those and made their own version of them.

Comment

I agree with the view point that the Asgard took scans of the Ori's main cannon as it would explain why they were able to penetrate Ori shields so effectively, to counter the Repository of Knowledge argument the Ancients beam weapons from the Langrean weapon were low powered generally and were not confined enough to be effective against shield systems. The Asuran beam weapon could not be related as it was not able to cause the same amount of damage as the Apollo was able to retreat with ease and did not suffer any really bad internal damage as the Oddessy did against the Ori. The Asuran beam weapon would not really hurt an Ori ship like the Asgard beam weapons based on this reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateNexus View Post
                      i think its asgaurd based tech, the asgaurd hav their own tech, i mean some of it is better than ancient tech, i.e beam transporter, which is better than ring transporters, which require 2 rings 2 work!!!
                      The ancients had beam tech too. Merlin's treasure beamed down in golden light in the episodes Camelot and Avalon.
                      sigpic

Comment

Perhaps the Asgard shared it with the Ancients??????

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                          I agree with the view point that the Asgard took scans of the Ori's main cannon as it would explain why they were able to penetrate Ori shields so effectively, to counter the Repository of Knowledge argument the Ancients beam weapons from the Langrean weapon were low powered generally and were not confined enough to be effective against shield systems. The Asuran beam weapon could not be related as it was not able to cause the same amount of damage as the Apollo was able to retreat with ease and did not suffer any really bad internal damage as the Oddessy did against the Ori. The Asuran beam weapon would not really hurt an Ori ship like the Asgard beam weapons based on this reasoning.
                          I agree for the most part. I think the Asgard beam was based off studying the Ancient repository, Ori shields and weaponry and turning the Asgard pulse weapon into a beam. But the Asgard didn't seem to need to buffer power for its beam weapon because they had a series of beams that would fire; this way they could use continuous alternating fire. The Asgard beams may not have been as strong as the Ori beams, but they were still powerful and could fire in rapid succession.
                          sigpic

Comment

Perhaps the Asgard beams cause fluctuations in the shields as they were not as ppowerful as Ori weapons as you have said which is showm when the Oddessy slices through an Ori ships dorsal Bow in Unending. Perhaps the beam weapons were designed to destablise rather than hitting with pure brute force

Comment

I believe you have a point, the asgard beams are effective against the hull but not nearly as effective as other weapons, it looks like it was meant to do a number on the shields. the second ori kill in unending the ori ship could have survived after taking 4 shots because we didnt see it explode and the first two shots look like minimal damage was done, in comparison ori beams hitting the hull is game over for most ships.
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

WHen the Oddessy destroyed the 1st ship in Unending it must have hit something sensitive near the two engines at the back. The Dominion from Star Trek gave me that idea as in the beginning their weapons were able to bypasss federation shields but later when the feds adapted they were more like standard weapons-basically they had 2 effects, a primary and a Secondary with the primary being yield and secondary being side effects. This is very similar to how Goa'uld shields were unable to take Tollan ion cannons but when Anubis came along the cannons were useless even though his Ha'Taks were not much more powerful-they just adapted to the Ion cannons side effects

Comment

Working...
                                X