Travelers Aurora (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darien View Post
    We haven't really seen that part, have we? There wasn't a single shot of the bridge as far as I remember. And even if they repired it fully... how is that impossible for a race that's been building hyperspace capable vessels for god knows how many years?
    The travellers are no where near as advanced as the ancients so how could they repair it to such a standard, especially where they have already said they aren't able to repair ships, and the damage done to that was severe and quite a big job. My reference to the bridge was highlighting the plothole and that it wouldn't suprise me if they showed the bridge, even though it was completely destroyed.
    Best quotes ever:
    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
    Thor:I like the yellow ones
    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
      The travellers are no where near as advanced as the ancients so how could they repair it to such a standard, especially where they have already said they aren't able to repair ships, and the damage done to that was severe and quite a big job. My reference to the bridge was highlighting the plothole and that it wouldn't suprise me if they showed the bridge, even though it was completely destroyed.
      They said they can't build new ships not that they can't repair ships. Huge difference. And the fact that they are nowhere near the ancients's level tech-wise is true... but neither are we. It doesn't mean we (or they) can't repair some damage. Not to ancient standards maybe, but who said they did it?

BTW we don't even know the extent of the damage that was caused by the Wraith cruiser. Sure, there was a nice explosion and the bridge section was sealed shut probably because it was depressurized. But it's possible that the actual damage wasn't that serious. On the other hand Sheppard said that the ship was still a mess and he gladly offered help which means that there still was plenty of work to do. I really don't see your problem here. People just love to shout plothole a bit too often.

Comment

BTW we don't even know the extent of the damage that was caused by the Wraith cruiser. Sure, there was a nice explosion and the bridge section was sealed shut probably because it was depressurized. But it's possible that the actual damage wasn't that serious. On the other hand Sheppard said that the ship was still a mess and he gladly offered help which means that there still was plenty of work to do. I really don't see your problem here. People just love to shout plothole a bit too often.
        I agree with you 100 percent
        sigpic

Comment

They said they can't build new ships not that they can't repair ships. Huge difference. And the fact that they are nowhere near the ancients's level tech-wise is true... but neither are we. It doesn't mean we (or they) can't repair some damage. Not to ancient standards maybe, but who said they did it?

Look at the link in my first post, there is a gaping hole where the bridge should be. I think that counts as serious damage.
          sigpic

Comment

i dont see the hole, where should i look?

Comment

There was a large, very obvious hole where the bridge was. In BAMSR it was gone with no sign of it ever being there. You would at least expect them to have signs it was damaged. Its not like you can go and order a new ancient bridge from the local ancient ship yard, there should be some signs it was there, but it was pristine and looked like it was constructed from ancient materials.
              Best quotes ever:
              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
              Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
              Thor:I like the yellow ones
              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Working...
              X