Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come the Tau'ri only clones one guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think obvious humor is wasted on some folks here LMAO.

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
    Pretty much.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:
    Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
    *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
    DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
    DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Just to add some more seriousness, I think Marks serves as the chief Helmsman for the ships. When there's a high-profile mission, he flies the Flagship. For the upcomming mission, (no spoilers) Apollo would likely be the lead ship since it's the most recent and would theoretically be the more efficient/powerful etc. than Daedalus.
      When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
      Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
        Just to add some more seriousness, I think Marks serves as the chief Helmsman for the ships. When there's a high-profile mission, he flies the Flagship. For the upcomming mission, (no spoilers) Apollo would likely be the lead ship since it's the most recent and would theoretically be the more efficient/powerful etc. than Daedalus.
        If you're not looking for spoilers, I can't comment on that. But I agree with you on the stuff about Marks. He's clearly good at his job, and well respected by Carter.

Actually, as a non-spoilery interjection, he also wouldn't be stationed on the Daedalus, possibly, because the Daedalus is the only long-running ship we've seen that currently has a static crew. The other ships seem to have crews assigned to them based on the mission at hand, where Caldwell's team is always used on the Daedy.
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Even if it is a joke cloning would be cool to see, have an army of Ronans that would slowly outnumber and destroy the wraith. Then give them a planet of their own called Ronodex.
          Best quotes ever:
          O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
          Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
          Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
          Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
          Thor:I like the yellow ones
          O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
            Even if it is a joke cloning would be cool to see, have an army of Ronans that would slowly outnumber and destroy the wraith. Then give them a planet of their own called Ronodex.
            Right, but they'd all die off eventually.
            Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
              Would you want to keep an army of Ronans forever? Or create some dort of mass statis to keep them until you need them.
              Best quotes ever:
              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

i think they dont clone, obviously, but when a ship is needed somewhere they put a crew together and send it on its way. all the ships are the same so u dont need the same crew per ship. apollo is needed in pegasus and its normal bridge crew are on leave... meh, send marks instead.

theres no problem with this , not like star trek where all the ships are different by some random principal. same ships diff names, also crew rotation is probably good experience wise. means everyone gets to fight against gould, replicators and wraith.

Comment

Thats why you start cloning Teylas.
                  -Nuff Said

"We should let people do anything they want. We haven't tried that in a while. Maybe it'll work this time."

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                    Would you want to keep an army of Ronans forever? Or create some dort of mass statis to keep them until you need them.
                    "Break Glass In Case of War"

I was just about to ask if that was Marks in the trailer serving aboard the Apollo. It does seem like he is all over the place and advanced to major super fast. Granted hes a smart guy and all but still. Until the episode airs and we see for sure, it could have just been cut scene from one bridge to the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Mvrck View Post
                      Thats why you start cloning Teylas.
                      In which case, the kids of the Teyla and Ronon clones start breeding and it becomes some crazy incest people with lots of genetic disorders.
                      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Hmm, would an army of Ronons be against teh Geneva convention? Seriously, the war would be over BEFORE it starts
                        When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                        Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                          Hmm, would an army of Ronons be against teh Geneva convention? Seriously, the war would be over BEFORE it starts
                          The Geneve Convention only applies to the countries that signed it, so therefor its perfectly legal.

Comment

Originally posted by SP90 View Post
                            "Break Glass In Case of War"
                            LOL

In which case, the kids of the Teyla and Ronon clones start breeding and it becomes some crazy incest people with lots of genetic disorders.
                            Today 02:22 AM
                            Introducing an army of teylas wouldn't be such a good idea. Maybe you couldjust create an army of many different people, having 2 sets of all of the sg teams wouldn't be a bad start.
                            Best quotes ever:

Comment

Not if you slightly modify some of the clones so that the Y chromosome is replaced by another X. Sure there would be no genetic diversity but if generation after generation just produces Ronon why would you need diversity?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                                Not if you slightly modify some of the clones so that the Y chromosome is replaced by another X. Sure there would be no genetic diversity but if generation after generation just produces Ronon why would you need diversity?
                                I think it would be better for them to die off. I doubt many of them would have the same personality as Ronan and could become a serious threat to everyone else. Especially if in a few generations they are angry because they Knew they were created for the sole perpose of killing and decide to becoe like the asurans and kill anyone who is human or is accosiated with them.
                                Best quotes ever:

Comment

Working...
                                X