This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
    Honestly you shouldn't be pulling anybody up for their grammar when your own post (from start to finish btw) is full of punctuational & grammatical errors!!!!!
    Agree. This is GateWorld not GrammerWorld.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
      Agree. This is GateWorld not GrammerWorld.
      We should still try to keep it reasonable so everyone can understand it.
      Best quotes ever:
      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
      Thor:I like the yellow ones
      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

I agree the Asurans should be destoried, they're kinda boring.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Introduce the Replicators into Pegasus.

Sure, it'd get better, only to get worse. But I'm all for Replicator/Asuran Generation Wars.

It'd be like a Machine fighting an Ape. Symbolically Speaking.

Also, the fights would be sweet. Asurans vs Nanite-Bugs and Humanoid- Replicators. Unless they joined forces, which they probably will, but for the purpose of this excersize, they wont. We'd have Lantien-Class Ships, with Replicator-Bugs attacking them.

Aren't the Organic Asurans just like the Human-Model Cylons... I've just realised after having watched BSG: Razor?

But yes, I want some Hot Zone/ Asuran/ Replicator/ Reese connection conformation. It's an itch that HAS NOT BEEN SCRATCHED. *rage*

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post

Sure, it'd get better, only to get worse. But I'm all for Replicator/Asuran Generation Wars.

Also, the fights would be sweet. Asurans vs Nanite-Bugs and Humanoid- Replicators. Unless they joined forces, which they probably will, but for the purpose of this excersize, they wont. We'd have Lantien-Class Ships, with Replicator-Bugs attacking them.

Aren't the Organic Asurans just like the Human-Model Cylons... I've just realised after having watched BSG: Razor?

But yes, I want some Hot Zone/ Asuran/ Replicator/ Reese connection conformation. It's an itch that HAS NOT BEEN SCRATCHED. *rage*

NO not even close. Aren't the human-cylons undetectably different from humans, and just as easy to kill? Whereas organic asurans have nanites that preform organic functions, I believe they are detectably different from a standard human.

Comment

I don't really watch BSG but I would love to know if there is a connection and if so the whole back story behind it. If she was an asuran how did she get there etc, if not why is she so similar?
              Best quotes ever:
              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by from_orion View Post
                NO not even close. Aren't the human-cylons undetectably different from humans, and just as easy to kill? Whereas organic asurans have nanites that preform organic functions, I believe they are detectably different from a standard human.
                Hmmmn, I suppose if the Asurans create a copy and remove it's nanites, thereby acheiving 100% Organic-ness. (?), which might allow actualy ascension, without having the nanites weighing them down. But, yeah, the Nanites in their system, I forgot about

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                  I don't really watch BSG but I would love to know if there is a connection and if so the whole back story behind it. If she was an asuran how did she get there etc, if not why is she so similar?
                  Wikipedia: Cylon

Beware of Spoilers

Comment

Hmmmn, I suppose if the Asurans create a copy and remove it's nanites, thereby acheiving 100% Organic-ness. (?), which might allow actualy ascension, without having the nanites weighing them down. But, yeah, the Nanites in their system, I forgot about
                    What if the asurans could create a physical body, transfer their mind to it and then ascend. It must be possible I mean they created an exact copy of them (you'll know what I mean if you have seen TMC) and even had their personalities and memories. Or would this be against their beleifs because they have a bad history.
                    Best quotes ever:

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                      What if the asurans could create a physical body, transfer their mind to it and then ascend. It must be possible I mean they created an exact copy of them (you'll know what I mean if you have seen TMC) and even had their personalities and memories. Or would this be against their beleifs because they have a bad history.
                      I reckon they could, although maybe their minds are somehow fundementally different. See, the Organic-Asurans were exact copies of actual Humans, with the same Minds and Brains, whilst the Asurans, although appearing human, probably have different minds and thoughts, which could be incompatable to Organic-Brains...

I don't think there's an exact science to it, in real life or on the show, so it's rather hard to think about.

Possibly the Asurans aren't as advanced enough as a human-brain to be able to alter their programming enough to acheive ascension. Sure they're able to do complex equations, have free will (or, so it would seem), are able to learn and apparantly have senses of morals, but perhaps they aren't advanced enough to ascend. Most, if not all Human's aren't, so perhaps neither are the Asurans. I don't know why they're asking Humans to help, we've not been able to ascend by ourselves without Oma or the Lantien Ascension-Device helping us...

Comment

I reckon they could, although maybe their minds are somehow fundementally different. See, the Organic-Asurans were exact copies of actual Humans, with the same Minds and Brains, whilst the Asurans, although appearing human, probably have different minds and thoughts, which could be incompatable to Organic-Brains...

I don't think there's an exact science to it, in real life or on the show, so it's rather hard to think about.

Possibly the Asurans aren't as advanced enough as a human-brain to be able to alter their programming enough to acheive ascension. Sure they're able to do complex equations, have free will (or, so it would seem), are able to learn and apparantly have senses of morals, but perhaps they aren't advanced enough to ascend. Most, if not all Human's aren't, so perhaps neither are the Asurans. I don't know why they're asking Humans to help, we've not been able to ascend by ourselves without Oma or the Lantien Ascension-Device helping us...
                        I think they were trying to find out how to create the 'mental' element to it, they would be better off using an ancient or even putting one of the humans in that device that makes you rapidly evolve to make them able to ascend, then if they ascende monitor everything that goes on. Just looking at the minds of humans won't help because we aren't advanced enough.
                        Best quotes ever:

Comment

Working...
                        X