This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
    Weak? Clearly the Ori never expected their followers to come up against uber advanced tech of the Asgard (at the apex of technology, as good as tech can ever get in the SG universe).

Ori ships can destroy any ship ever built in the SG universe (except Atlantis like city ships), one-on-one before the Odyssey.

Only with the latest Asgard upgrades did the Odyssey managed to beat 1 Ori ship, against 2 Ori ships obviously the Odyssey was no match.

Latest Asgard ship tech triumphs all ship tech: Wait till the upgraded Apollo and Daedalus kicks Aurora class butt.

Ori ship would definitely destroy a O'Neill, would definitely destroy a Aurora one-on-one. Only with the latest upgrades would an O'Neill win.

The Ori ship main weapon is still the most powerful ship weapon ever made.
    how is the ori weapon the most powerful weapon ever made. jst cos it destoryed a ha'tack in 1 shot. the anubis super weapon destoryed 3 in one. drone have done way better. imo asgard beam weapons are more powerful cos they have a faster rate of fire and i have no proof i thick each shot is about the same.

i thick the aurora class could beat an ori ship but i think an ori ship would be better at taking on lots of hive ships cos it could destory them faster. there sheilds are probly about the same.
    i do agree the earth ships will kick butt when they get the upgrades. i would like 2 see them up against hives.

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
      how is the ori weapon the most powerful weapon ever made. jst cos it destoryed a ha'tack in 1 shot. the anubis super weapon destoryed 3 in one. drone have done way better. imo asgard beam weapons are more powerful cos they have a faster rate of fire and i have no proof i thick each shot is about the same.

i thick the aurora class could beat an ori ship but i think an ori ship would be better at taking on lots of hive ships cos it could destory them faster. there sheilds are probly about the same.
      i do agree the earth ships will kick butt when they get the upgrades. i would like 2 see them up against hives.
      The only weapons we've seen of auroras are drones, we don't know if they have an effect on ori sheilds, they could do no damage at all. If thats the case it would be very hard for them to destroy an ori ship. It would be interesting to see how strong a fully powered auroras sheilds are compared to the asgard sheilds on the oddysey.
      Best quotes ever:
      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
      Thor:I like the yellow ones
      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

I not so sure an Aurora class ship could beat an Ori ship. For a start the shields on an Ori ship would seem to be far superior. We know Aurora class ships have been beaten Wraith ships, and we know from when the Daedalus went up against Wraith ships that there weapons are nothing special. Probably similar in strength to weapons on a Hat'ak based on when we've seen the Odyssey go up against Hat'aks. Whereas Ori ships shields have held up against on onslaught from a dozen or so Hat'aks and an O'Neill class ship. So I don't think the shields on a Aurora, could take many hits from the Ori beam weapon.

Ori ships also seem to be better armed, having a the very powerful beam weapon as well as several pulse weapons. So far, Aurora class ships, seem to be just armed with drones. The problem with drones is, while they may be advanced, there still projectile weapons. It takes a lot of power to fire them, and it takes a lot of drones to do any real damage. In a long battle, an Aurora is probably going to run out of power or drones fairly quick. Unless the drones can just past through the Ori shields, I don't see how the Aurora could win.

And we've only ever seen drones pass through Goa'uld shields. If what the Asuran ship fired at the Apollo in "Lifeline" was drones, then it seems unlikely that drones could just pass through Ori shields.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitzwing View Post
          I not so sure an Aurora class ship could beat an Ori ship. For a start the shields on an Ori ship would seem to be far superior. We know Aurora class ships have been beaten Wraith ships, and we know from when the Daedalus went up against Wraith ships that there weapons are nothing special. Probably similar in strength to weapons on a Hat'ak based on when we've seen the Odyssey go up against Hat'aks. Whereas Ori ships shields have held up against on onslaught from a dozen or so Hat'aks and an O'Neill class ship. So I don't think the shields on a Aurora, could take many hits from the Ori beam weapon.

Ori ships also seem to be better armed, having a the very powerful beam weapon as well as several pulse weapons. So far, Aurora class ships, seem to be just armed with drones. The problem with drones is, while they may be advanced, there still projectile weapons. It takes a lot of power to fire them, and it takes a lot of drones to do any real damage. In a long battle, an Aurora is probably going to run out of power or drones fairly quick. Unless the drones can just past through the Ori shields, I don't see how the Aurora could win.

And we've only ever seen drones pass through Goa'uld shields. If what the Asuran ship fired at the Apollo in "Lifeline" was drones, then it seems unlikely that drones could just pass through Ori shields.
          wraith hives are probly far more powerful than ha'tack. we have only seen the Odyssey go up against Hat'aks once i think and there were 3 ha'tacks. plus i cant remember the exack number but i think it only had 20% sheild strenth at the start of the fight plus it could not see the ha'tacks and it was said that it would have been an easy fight for the Odyssey if the ha'tacks did not ambush it with there tactics.
          if the Aurora class had a fully charged ZPM i cant say for sure but i think the sheild would hold at least a 2 mins are so.
          we no drones can get through ori sheilds maybe not straight away are maybe it might be like 1 out of every 20. we no they got through because on the episode The Road Not Taken the anceint out post fights off an ori ship.
          the Aurora could fire the drones at the main weapon it would take about 2 drones destory it. maybe if it was destoryed it might destory the ship kind of like on Independence Day if not it still would be over for the ori ship if it did not get out of there.
          i agree about the Aurora runing out of drones is a big problem thats why i think the ori would be better against the wraith.

Comment

wraith hives are probly far more powerful than ha'tack. we have only seen the Odyssey go up against Hat'aks once i think and there were 3 ha'tacks. plus i cant remember the exack number but i think it only had 20% sheild strenth at the start of the fight plus it could not see the ha'tacks and it was said that it would have been an easy fight for the Odyssey if the ha'tacks did not ambush it with there tactics.
            if the Aurora class had a fully charged ZPM i cant say for sure but i think the sheild would hold at least a 2 mins are so.
            we no drones can get through ori sheilds maybe not straight away are maybe it might be like 1 out of every 20. we no they got through because on the episode The Road Not Taken the anceint out post fights off an ori ship.
            the Aurora could fire the drones at the main weapon it would take about 2 drones destory it. maybe if it was destoryed it might destory the ship kind of like on Independence Day if not it still would be over for the ori ship if it did not get out of there.
            i agree about the Aurora runing out of drones is a big problem thats why i think the ori would be better against the wraith.
            The auroras would stand a much better chance if they were manouverable like the oddy, we haven't had any evidence that the drones can go through ori sheilds, the ori ship wasn't said to be destroyed or damaged they just fought it off. It also depends whos in control of the aurora, if its the ancients or asurans the chances are they would have their asses kicked because they have a poor rate of fire, it would probably more effective if they fired lots in a very small time period.
            Best quotes ever:
            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
              The auroras would stand a much better chance if they were manouverable like the oddy, we haven't had any evidence that the drones can go through ori sheilds, the ori ship wasn't said to be destroyed or damaged they just fought it off. It also depends whos in control of the aurora, if its the ancients or asurans the chances are they would have their asses kicked because they have a poor rate of fire, it would probably more effective if they fired lots in a very small time period.
              i ment just like they fired them in No Man's Land maybe even a higher rate of fire if posibble because they have a ZPM.
              if the ori ship was not destoryed that mean it lift because it was about 2 be destoryed. the ori would not just leave

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by morrismike View Post
                The toilet ships were fabricated without benefit of cranes, drydock, or heavy equipment by a society unable to build bridges or simple vehicle. Take away the shield and an ORI is little more than a drywall shell.
                I think they're still quite heavily armoured, just the asgard weapons kick ass, they also probably don't worry so much about hull integrity because of their sheilds.

How much armor could there by if local villagers must move the shipbuilding materials by hand? I mean you saw the shipyard, it's like they were building apartment buildings. You really need to visit a shipyard and get a clue on how "heavy duty ships are built.

Comment

i ment just like they fired them in No Man's Land maybe even a higher rate of fire if posibble because they have a ZPM.
                  if the ori ship was not destoryed that mean it lift because it was about 2 be destoryed. the ori would not just leave
                  Good point, we don't really know why it left but the chances are they either new they were going to be destroyed or damaged, or it is possible that they realised they left the prior back in the ori home galaxy and that it was being controlled on a preset course
                  Best quotes ever:

Comment

The Toilet Bowl ships look heavily armored, from the outside. Inside, what we seen is that they look sturdy.

It wont help against Asgard lasers.

It wont help against Ancient lasers (Satellite weapon slicing through Hive like it was nothing but paper).

It wont help against Ori weapons: Going through Ha'taks like there was nothing there, going through 304's like they were nothing either (Korvolov, Odyssey).

Comment

The Toilet Bowl ships look heavily armored, from the outside. Inside, what we seen is that they look sturdy.

It wont help against Asgard lasers.

It wont help against Ancient lasers (Satellite weapon slicing through Hive like it was nothing but paper).

It wont help against Ori weapons: Going through Ha'taks like there was nothing there, going through 304's like they were nothing either (Korvolov, Odyssey).
                      It's probably just armour to be able to survive in a fight againt people using projectile weapons when their sheild is down. It looks quite thick and sturdy but against energy weaopons it would be useless, or it could just be customary to have thick armour on warships even if they do have the sheild ie. it looks better.
                      Best quotes ever:

Comment

I think the best armor beside the ones in the Hives are probably the Aurora class ships, that looks like sturdy armor.

Comment

I think the best armor beside the ones in the Hives are probably the Aurora class ships, that looks like sturdy armor.
                          I don't know, it doesn't really look like armour but it is quite sturdy, it takes a lot of fire from hives in no mans land, any of our ships would have been broken like egg shells.
                          Best quotes ever:

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                            It's probably just armour to be able to survive in a fight againt people using projectile weapons when their sheild is down. It looks quite thick and sturdy but against energy weaopons it would be useless, or it could just be customary to have thick armour on warships even if they do have the sheild ie. it looks better.
                            the armour is probly just for ground fire for when the sheilds are turn off. its probly strong enough to repel frighters or maybe an Al'kesh. it would be no match for a mother ships fire power i think.

Comment

The ori have rather large windows scattered in those rooms that are quite huge, it doesnt really convey that their hull is very strong.
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Academy3 View Post
                                Why are the ori ships so weak? You would think that after at least 10,000 years of living as something that has the ability to comprehend infinity the ori would be able to come up with something better. I mean the ancients got this far when they were mere mortals I would think an ascended being would be able to come up with a ship that kicks all others a**es. And the ships are made in the ori galaxy not in the milky way galaxy, so it's not like the ancients could stop their production. And the ancients obviously don't have a problem with the ori giving their knowledge to their followers, and letting them take that knowlede right on over to the milky way, how else would they know how to build such advanced ships!! I know that they couldn't make the ships to advanced, but their current state is just not impressive,it makes the ori seem so pathetic, and not in the evil villian way, more like the you really don't scare me way. What kind of villian doesn't scare their hero alittle.
                                Plot device, season schedule, and the threat of no-season-renewal since Season 6.

In real life... Ori ships would hammer Asgard ships like the Asgard ships hammer Goa'uld ships. But... that doesn't happen when its against SG1...
                                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Working...
                                X