This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darien View Post
    Only four of them made short work of the entire MW fleet consisting of lots of Ha'taks, two 304s and an O'neill. I say that's pretty damn impressive.
    that is true but those Ha'taks were weak. if they were all O neils are replicator Ha,taks it might have been a different story. i am not saying they would have won but they could have put up a better fight by destorying a ship a or 2 or maybe just damaging them.

they should have just blown up the supergate with a big nuke

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
      but you got to remember that we dont really know how powerful an asgard neutrino ion generator is. the beliskner had four and an o'niell is bigger so we dont really know how much power an oniell has because the generators are on the inside of the ship unlike the belisker they are visible from the outside. plus, we arent really sure how much power output a neutrino ion genrator can put out. so you cant really compare it to a zpm until you know how much power they output. plus the asgard computer core wasnt powering the weapons. it had it own powersource, the zpm was the only thing powering the weapons and other systems
      A neutrino ion generator comes nowhere near to a ZPM, if they did then anubis would not of been able to destroy a beliskner with a single upgraded ha'tak. How much bigger do you think O'Neills are than Beliskners? There is barely a difference in size, I doubt they had many more generators than the beliskners. Besides the Oddy had the Asgard powersource AND a ZPM, yet was still being drained Quickly by the Ori beam, a O'Neill wouldn't last long.

BTW here's the size difference between an O'Neill and Beliskner.
      http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s4/401/html/408.html

Comment

i think a neutrino comes pretty close to a zpm. though it prob doesnt have the lifespan.

now about everyone wanting a space battle: check out be all my sins remember'd.

i think it will be the wraith weakening the aurora's and the travveler's aurora will do some nice damage but all will be amazed by earths asgard-blessed weapons!!!

also: if the zpm of te odyssey would have been linked DIRECTLY to the shield the ori would be no match. i mean, if you pump enough power into an asgard shield then its output goes skyrocket.

asgard shield output=power input

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
          what im saying is that the ori (asd far as i can remember) have faced only 3 types of ship think of all the advanced races in sg which they havent faced for example the ship out of grace may be able to distroy all 4 of those ori ships. and we dont knoiw if the oneil was distroyed or not
          Well, you know that Grace ship is one of the mysteries of stargate, probably we'll never see it again and never learn who those folks were. You're right, we don't know if the O'neill was destroyed or not but it certainly didn't hurt the ori ships at all so it's safe to assume that it's no good against them. Wasn't the ori able to conquer the Hebridans too? I don't know for sure but I remember hearing something like that. We know they had some nice ships too. And that's pretty much all the MW galaxy can offer.

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
          that is true but those Ha'taks were weak. if they were all O neils are replicator Ha,taks it might have been a different story. i am not saying they would have won but they could have put up a better fight by destorying a ship a or 2 or maybe just damaging them.

they should have just blown up the supergate with a big nuke
          As I've said the O'neil seemingly wasn't able to inflict any damage on the ori ships. It's possible however that a fleet of O'neills would have fared better. The only problem is that at that time there were probably no O'neills left except for the one that was there at the supergate. Replicator enhanced Hat'aks... maybe. But wasn't it stated that the Lucian Alliance's fleet consists of ships previously used by the replicators?

Comment

As I've said the O'neil seemingly wasn't able to inflict any damage on the ori ships. It's possible however that a fleet of O'neills would have fared better. The only problem is that at that time there were probably no O'neills left except for the one that was there at the supergate. Replicator enhanced Hat'aks... maybe. But wasn't it stated that the Lucian Alliance's fleet consists of ships previously used by the replicators?
            Depends, would you say the Ori ships are better than the MW Replicator ships? If yes then even a fleet of O'Neills wouldn't be able to dent an Ori ship. In 'New Order' the fleet of 6 O'Neills believed the only way to take out the replicator ship was to hit it whilst its shields were down, were the shields up then they thought they could do nothing.

BTW yes the Ori did conquer the Hebridans.
            Last edited by kirmit; 13 December 2007, 12:30 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Darien;7432531] And that's pretty much all the MW galaxy can offer. [quote=Darien;7432531]

there were the gadameer and the nox
              sigpic
              Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                A neutrino ion generator comes nowhere near to a ZPM, if they did then anubis would not of been able to destroy a beliskner with a single upgraded ha'tak. How much bigger do you think O'Neills are than Beliskners? There is barely a difference in size, I doubt they had many more generators than the beliskners. Besides the Oddy had the Asgard powersource AND a ZPM, yet was still being drained Quickly by the Ori beam, a O'Neill wouldn't last long.

BTW here's the size difference between an O'Neill and Beliskner.
                http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s4/401/html/408.html
                It's kind of hard to compare a ZPM to a neutrino ion generator. A ZPM is somewhat like a battery. It has a large amount of stored power, but it will eventually drain away and die. Whereas the generator, as its name would imply, will generate varying amounts of power indefinately, so long as it's maintained and fueled by something. We don't know the max output of an ion generator, but given Asgard ships can travel between galaxies in hours, I would say it outputs quite a lot, possibly as much as ZPM is capable off, but maybe not for as long.

And Osiris actually destroyed the Beliskner, with two enhanced Hat'aks. As the Asgard said, the Beliskner was an old design. The O'Neill may be the same size, but Thor did say it was the first ship designed by the Asgard mainly for battle and to be used against the Replicators. So it must be a lot more powerful than the Beliskner class.

I do think an Ori ship would destroy an O'Neill class ship, but I don't think the O'Neill would go down easy.
                Last edited by Blitzwing; 13 December 2007, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Well, you know that Grace ship is one of the mysteries of stargate, probably we'll never see it again and never learn who those folks were. You're right, we don't know if the O'neill was destroyed or not but it certainly didn't hurt the ori ships at all so it's safe to assume that it's no good against them. Wasn't the ori able to conquer the Hebridans too? I don't know for sure but I remember hearing something like that. We know they had some nice ships too. And that's pretty much all the MW galaxy can offer.

the o neil didnt seen to be using pulse canons which could be more powerful. i have heard nothing of the Lucian Alliance's fleet using replicator enhanced Hat'aks. that would probly be impossible cos the replicator part would fall apart when they were destoryed. we they make them out of blocks cos of the power source in Enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
                    what im saying is that the ori (asd far as i can remember) have faced only 3 types of ship think of all the advanced races in sg which they havent faced for example the ship out of grace may be able to distroy all 4 of those ori ships. and we dont knoiw if the oneil was distroyed or not
                    there is no way that the grace ship is as powerful as an ori ship it could not even destory the Prometheus. an ori ship would have destoryed it in 1 shot with out asgard shields imo. plus if the ships were that powerful the race would be the most powerful in the galaxy and we would no about them and would have probly distoryed the goaulda long time ago. they would have went to war cos they are a hostile race.

Comment

there is no way that the grace ship is as powerful as an ori ship it could not even destory the Prometheus. an ori ship would have destoryed it in 1 shot with out asgard shields imo. plus if the ships were that powerful the race would be the most powerful in the galaxy and we would no about them and would have probly distoryed the goaulda long time ago. they would have went to war cos they are a hostile race.
                      the grace ship was not trying to distroy the promethius it was trying to disable it
                      sigpic
                      Sig For Me!

Comment

[QUOTE=Cban;7432749][QUOTE=Darien;7432531] And that's pretty much all the MW galaxy can offer.

Yeah, but as I remember the Nox were a very peacfully race which are not fight for themselves or someone else only cloak themselves. I don't think they have militery ships and weapons.

The Ori ships are one of the best ship seen in Stargate.

Comment

why havent we heard anything of the gadmeer?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            why havent we heard anything of the gadmeer?
                            There are lots of species we've only seen once or twice and never heard of again. What was this grace ship, I don't remember seeing that episode?
                            Best quotes ever:
                            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                            Thor:I like the yellow ones
                            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

[QUOTE=Cban;7432749][QUOTE=Darien;7432531] And that's pretty much all the MW galaxy can offer.

Well, I guess the Gadmeer are still trying to rebuild their society and the nox don't fight.

Comment

the o neil didnt seen to be using pulse canons which could be more powerful. i have heard nothing of the Lucian Alliance's fleet using replicator enhanced Hat'aks. that would probly be impossible cos the replicator part would fall apart when they were destoryed. we they make them out of blocks cos of the power source in Enemies.
                                I don't remember what kind of weapon the O'neill used so I give you that. Lucian Alliance Ha'taks: I remember hearing (although I'm not certain) that they found a fleet of Ha'taks drifting in space after the Dakar weapon wiped out the replicators. It makes sense otherwise how would they have a fleet? The goa'uld certainly didn't give them any, neither did the free jaffa.

Comment

Working...
                                X