This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
    well a easy solution, would be to have less people on the ship, the asgard were able to pilot the whole ships with a couple of them, and sometimes with no one on the ship.
    I was thinking something along the lines of that. Cross train everyone in several areas to reduce the crew number, create storage space, and leave more people that can be put on the other ships the reps make.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

But I thought the Asuran strategy switch from direct confrontation to indirect confrontation. So in theory it doesn't matter the numbers all the asuran are just inclined to let the wraith fight amongst each other for the remaining food supply while they watch. Also, if they can avoid large costly confrontations they could just wait them out.
      Last edited by loondoggy; 08 December 2007, 01:09 PM. Reason: needed to add more

Comment

Originally posted by loondoggy View Post
        But I thought the Asuran strategy switch from direct confrontation to indirect confrontation.
        The asurans are agressive now that the attack directive has been activated. They are in direct conflict with the wraith. Its what they were programmed to do. The reason they didnt fight for 10000 years is because the wraith figured out how to deactivate the attack directive in their base code.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

there should be 4 dots put extremely close together for the ship yard so each dot may represent a fleet rather than a single ship, or just where there is a presense of Aurora class vessels in control by oberoth. My guess is that the wraith are matched in number and severly out done in quality.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
            The asurans are agressive now that the attack directive has been activated. They are in direct conflict with the wraith. Its what they were programmed to do. The reason they didnt fight for 10000 years is because the wraith figured out how to deactivate the attack directive in their base code.
            I think he means taking out the Wraiths food source (humans) as an indirect attack.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
              the Wraith are screwed? Who're the replicators going to turn to when the Wraith are dealt with? :X
              maybe they'll all neutralize themselves when their meaning is done?

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                there should be 4 dots put extremely close together for the ship yard so each dot may represent a fleet rather than a single ship, or just where there is a presense of Aurora class vessels in control by oberoth. My guess is that the wraith are matched in number and severly out done in quality.

Considering the Aurora's at shipyards wouldn't be fully active and in service, I don't believe the map would represent them.

Since the Asuran's aren't using just Aurora's, it's possible they are using a Wraith fleet configuration and each Aurora acts like a hive ship, with these new "Super Jumper" ships could be the equivilent of cruisers so their task is to travel with bigger ships.

So each of those dots represent an Aurora, but there is the possibility of that Aurora having two or three ships with them.

sigpic

Comment

the 3 threads on this should be combined.

Comment

I just froze the screen in which we see the full number of ships (right before it goes black), and there are 27 alone there. Add in the extra 8-10 from the black part, and that gives us a total of around 40 Aurora-class ships out there, if not more (who says the total ended at the "Oh crap"?).
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I just froze the screen in which we see the full number of ships (right before it goes black), and there are 27 alone there. Add in the extra 8-10 from the black part, and that gives us a total of around 40 Aurora-class ships out there, if not more (who says the total ended at the "Oh crap"?).
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                        I counted exactly 26 Aurora's on screen, then we got to hear more beeps (I estimate an additional 6-8 Aurora's) and the show ends.

Assuming all the Aurora's were found: 32-34 Aurora's.

I thought by now the Asurans may have about 100 ships. I may have underestimated, they may very well be reaching 200 total ships.

The Wraith are so totally screwed, royally.
                        I'm confused, you start this thread by stating there are 26 Aurora's.... so then what made you think that there are 100 ships, and that they may very well be reaching 200 total ships? Thats quite a gap there from 26 to 200.

Comment

They could have 50 odd Aurora's and 150 odd of those other smaller classes making 200 Asuran ships .

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                            the 3 threads on this should be combined.
                            Or people should of just posted in the thread that I originally started so that the information already isn't copied into duplicate threads.

Seriously, it looks like my screencap of the starmap was ripped, just made brighter and the green dots were added.

Comment

Originally posted by Halzman View Post
                              Or people should of just posted in the thread that I originally started so that the information already isn't copied into duplicate threads.

Seriously, it looks like my screencap of the starmap was ripped, just made brighter and the green dots were added.
                              lol i made my thread first (couple min after ep aired) O_o not sure why others got opened O_o
                              Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                              Anime signature in spoiler tag
                              Spoiler:
                              Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

I did say at the beginning of this thread that it wasn't needed because of the other thread but no one ever listens....... lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X