This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
    Buba I used a guestimate of million wraith shots to take down Atlantis. Ori beams 100 times stronger, means the Ori could do the same job in 10,000 shots, divided by 10 ori ships is 1000 shots each, 1 shot per second, 1000 seconds or 16 minutes. My numbers were not wrong using a million wraith shots as a starting point.

Now based on your lower estimate of 83,000 hits to take down the shield, again lets say a fleet of 10 Ori ships, so 8300 hits each, 1 shot per second each it would take 2 and a half hours to deplete the shield or one ship on it's own would take 23 hours.

Now your higher estimate, 75 millions shots or 750,000 Ori beam shots, again 10 ships is 75,000 shots each, so 75,000 seconds or 20 hours for a fleet of Ori ships to take down the Atlantis shields.

All i was saying was that your guestimate of million ori shots to take down the Atlantis shield was way off, which you proved yourself.
    Yeah I meant your starting number was wrong not the maths but fair enough sorry if i sounded rude. But what the numbers show is that Atlantis could comfortably take on several Ori warships hell the entire Ori fleet seen thus far with enough drones.

Edit: Yes crazy tom that is but a single ZPM fully powered Altantis should be 3x time stronger.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
      Yeah I meant your starting number was wrong not the maths but fair enough sorry if i sounded rude. But what the numbers show is that Atlantis could comfortably take on several Ori warships hell the entire Ori fleet seen thus far with enough drones.

Edit: Yes crazy tom that is but a single ZPM fully powered Altantis should be 3x time stronger.
      Ok no worries, I thought you were saying my maths was bogus lol.

Well if the drones don't go right through Ori shields I still think they'd only have enough to take out about 3 ships, in which case after that all they can do is sit there and take the fire, Atlanits needs sum serious weapons upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
        Ok no worries, I thought you were saying my maths was bogus lol.

Well if the drones don't go right through Ori shields I still think they'd only have enough to take out about 3 ships, in which case after that all they can do is sit there and take the fire, Atlanits needs sum serious weapons upgrades.
        tell me about it. why couldn't the anchients stick one of those satelite beams on a spire?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          tell me about it. why couldn't the anchients stick one of those satelite beams on a spire?
          Because then the Wraith would have been defeated and the TPTB didn't want that
          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          So whats the worst that could happen?
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

It does seem a bit silly that atlantis is only defended by drones, but the writers don't want atlantis to be too well defended or there are some in damaged sections of the city that aren't coming up on the cities computers because it is damaged.
            Best quotes ever:
            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
            Thor:I like the yellow ones
            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

it would be cool to have other weapons then drones like lasers similar to their satilite beam weapon, just have like 10 in diferent places so that you can shoot in any direction whetjer it is wraith or ori
              sigpic

Comment

Why do people still think ascention = omniscience. Orlin already stated that ascension does not make you all knowing. It only increases your capacity for understating. Its like going from a single cell organism to a human. But you still have to learn, experience and understand.
                The ancients are ascended, and have been for close to 10,000 years.
                The ori's ascension date is unknown, their technology may have advanced further.

Also, given all the ori's advanced tech:

> They still use ring platforms, a dangerous technology. If you intercept the matter stream and miss part of it, you kill people. Teleportation beams are much better.
                > Their weapons consume more power than their generators can handle, with the shield up, and as a result when they fire the weapon, the shields fluctuate. Note, that during the episodes this is after the weapon burst has passed the shields. This is more consistant with a power recharge cycle. (Ori Supergate Battle)

> They could not detect the village that SG1 cloaked, using merlins dimensional shift tech.

This shows you that the ori are not all knowing. Extremely intellegent, power hungry, inconsiderate, uncaring, and powerful, but not omnipotent, and certainly not omniscient.

Sorry for the rant
                RB

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  can i add that the ori ships were made for the purpose of devastating enemy forces. priors are to convert, ori motherships were made to destroy those who continue to oppose.

do you know what will be great? a fully powered aurora against an ori mothership. who will wil? the aurora. it fires drones at such massive amounts a single volley destroys a hive. so much firepower will seriously deplete an ori mothership's shields. tag a zpm to an aurora and it gets even more powerfull
                  there shields might get stronger but because a aurora class shoots drones which r projectiles having a ZPM wouldnt make the drones stronger. it would just be able to take more hits

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                  Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                    there shields might get stronger but because a aurora class shoots drones which r projectiles having a ZPM wouldnt make the drones stronger. it would just be able to take more hits
                    I suppose so.

Comment

"Why do people still think ascention = omniscience. Orlin already stated that ascension does not make you all knowing. It only increases your capacity for understating. Its like going from a single cell organism to a human. But you still have to learn, experience and understand.
                      The ancients are ascended, and have been for close to 10,000 years.
                      The ori's ascension date is unknown, their technology may have advanced further.

Also, given all the ori's advanced tech:

> They still use ring platforms, a dangerous technology. If you intercept the matter stream and miss part of it, you kill people. Teleportation beams are much better.
                      > Their weapons consume more power than their generators can handle, with the shield up, and as a result when they fire the weapon, the shields fluctuate. Note, that during the episodes this is after the weapon burst has passed the shields. This is more consistant with a power recharge cycle. (Ori Supergate Battle)

> They could not detect the village that SG1 cloaked, using merlins dimensional shift tech.

This shows you that the ori are not all knowing. Extremely intellegent, power hungry, inconsiderate, uncaring, and powerful, but not omnipotent, and certainly not omniscient."

Ring platforms do their thing, but you are right they are not as good as the Asgard beams. Ori beam weapon is the most powerful ship weapon we seen so far, 1 shot destroy's Ha'tak's and the beam continues on. Insane raw power. Plus the Ori ships are the only ships in the SG universe that have been protrayed as being nearly indestructable (along with Annubis super ship with the Eye of Ra).

Lastly, it was the Prior who could not detect the dimensional shift. An Ori would easily detect it. I wonder if Adria could...

Yeah, Ascended beings are no Q.

Comment

The Ori gave their followers what they needed to conquer the Milkyway, had they given them everything they know there would be no force apart from ascended ancients that could stop them. This applies to the rings, rings did the job, there's no need to give their followers beaming tech, only way to keep a civilisation supressed is by not giving them everything.

Just to clear something up, no the Ori wouldn't be able to see through the phasing, Merlin specifically designed it so that ascended beings couldn't see what he was doing. It's not just the Ori but no ascended being could see through.

Comment

Working...
                        X