302 bay on the Prometheus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
    Thanks for uploading this pic... I always thought those extensions were the fighter bays...
    Thats the hyperdrive. LOL
    "FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT"

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
      Originally the two 'pods' on the side were hyperdrive engines & the 302 bay was in the centre forward part of the prometheous according to cross section pictures. Later the hyperdrive was put in the main part of the ship & the 'pods' became hangers, they carried 4 302's each at any time the prometheous supposedly carried 8 302's.

The hyperdrive was possibly moved because, as the prometheous had been continually upgraded they had got a smaller hyperdrive engine or they only needed one engine after an upgrade so they moved it to the ship & convered the old hyperdrive holding pods into hangers.
      the hyperdrive stayed where it was, the engines are the ones on the sides.
      Hyperdrive engines.

Comment

It seems that in the picture the prometheus is too big.
        Anyways, the f-302 arent that small when comparing against the x-303

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
          Don't forget that the 304s don't have to have "field emission screens" (those blue glowy things that operate in hyperspace) on both fore and aft like Prometheus used to have. This would be the plot-worth explanation atleast.
          Well, I know we see them flare (2 flanking each sub-light drive) in "The Siege 3" just as Daedalus is jumping away from their ambush of the second Wraith fleet. But I never noticed that there was no corresponding forward glow. Also there was an effects goof in "Be All My Sins Remembered". There was no blue hyperdrive glow as the allied fleet jumped to the Asuran homeworld, just a brighter yellow glow from the sublights.

Also, I've seen a lot of people making the argument that after the Asgard upgraded the hyperdrive, the Tau'ri converted the now obsolete pod hyperdrives to hangar bays. Is this just fandom retconning, or was this actually stated in any episode?

Comment

Well it was obvious that they converted the hyperspace pods to hangers bays, as we have seen shots of 302's coming out of the hangers and a 302 squad having a meeting in the hanger before the Antarctic battle.
            Visit my Website

Comment

The Promethius only carries a limited number of 302s I think it carries only about 8. There are more 302s than that. It could have happened on a base.
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

So i found some pics of the lower hanger bay, which i guess after the "refit" could have just been used for cargo.

oh and these are from prometheius unbound

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
                Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
                SG1 -

Comment

so what do people think?

Atlantis -
                  SG1 -

Comment

Could be the former hangar bay, but I'm not sure. Looks too small to allow 302s to fly in.
                    When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                    Zatnikitelman

Comment

there are 2 cargo bays one in the back and one in the front (both under). One is to load equiptment and one is to load personelle, but both can be used as a door to the outside.

thene there is 2 hanger bays on the top, one under the command bridge and one in the front. The front one is just an access to an elevator that probably loads ships or supplies. They never did show the 302's leaving these bays in the Anarctica battle against Anubis.

When it was upgraded, they used the pods primarily as the hanger bays.

Oh, and here is its naquadah generator.

Visit my Website

Comment

god you can really see the inconsistancies (sp) in the artwork ont he promie with these two pics of the lower bay! notice on the second one tehre are noe arms to lift the ramp!

Atlantis -
                        SG1 -

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
                          THey showed Cam and a bunch of other pilots mounting up in some flashbacks, but I don't recall them ever showing 302's leaving the Prometheus. Did it in fact have a 302 bay? If so, where was it on the ship?
                          ok, im gone say this slowly, it was the F-302 bay in the prometheus, it is situated exactly in the middle of the ship, they get out by an elevator. to the top. and the second is in the front of the ship, there the elevator leads down to exit the ship which is mentioned in the episode "prometheus" teal`c and O`neill were told to enter from the lower 302 bay. GOT IT.
                          Last edited by Dr. Daniel Jackson; 02 May 2008, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daniel Jackson View Post
                            ok, im gone say this slowly, it was the F-302 bay in the prometheus, it is situated exactly in the middle of the ship, they get out by an elevator. to the top. and the second is in the front of the ship, there the elevator leads down to exit the ship which is mentioned in the episode "prometheus" teal`c and O`neill were told to enter from the lower 302 bay. GOT IT.
                            The flashback was from the middle hanger bay where the f-302's came out of for the battle over Antarctica.

But it did have hanger bays which were from the converted hyperdrive pods.

1. Main Hanger bay
                            2. Front neck bay
                            3. Converted hyperdrive pods
                            4. Entrance 1
                            5. Entrance 2

Entrance 4 was originally the underside entrance for the 302's but it may of been a Cgi error because the shot with Carter going to the entrance and Daniel leaving the same entrance with pistons on it thats just too small for a 302. Unless #5 is the bottom entrance for the 302's which we never seen.
                            Visit my Website

Comment

Working...
                            X