X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
    this is good,but the replicators whor build bi the ancient first
    but did the ancient build it first or andre in season 5 of sg-1

The ancients built the Pegasus Replicators first, then when they evac'd to earth, its kinda of obvious that the person that created those replicators, tried again in the MW galaxy
    no more chicken before the egg stuff.....
    LANDRY: You’re just mad you didn’t get to fly the maiden voyage yourself.

: General, I am quite fond of both maidens and voyages. I mean, put the two together and ...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
      So indirectly the Ancients are kind of responsible for the Replicators, but I don't think we can really blame this one on them (for once)
      mwahahahha well put, i agree
      LANDRY: You’re just mad you didn’t get to fly the maiden voyage yourself.

: General, I am quite fond of both maidens and voyages. I mean, put the two together and ...

sigpic

Comment

Hmm, I'm surprised how this thread turned out. It was supposed to be about fiction blending in with reality (or vice versa), instead people seem to think I was theorizing about the origins of the (fictional) replicators from the Stargate universe. Really odd.
        It was all in jest, folks. The (real) robot in picture has nothing to do with Stargate. It's (obviously) not even called a replicator, it just looks like one. Maybe I should have gone with a different title, say "Real life replicators"?
        Oh well, what's done, is done... have some more pictures:

Et populus improbos in divino iudicio vestro tradibit,
        ubi pecamina illorum in pondera pendibuntur
        cum omnibus iustis ac veris. – E Libro Originis

Comment

Originally posted by Forseti (a.k.a. Thor's lawyer) View Post
          Hmm, I'm surprised how this thread turned out. It was supposed to be about fiction blending in with reality (or vice versa), instead people seem to think I was theorizing about the origins of the (fictional) replicators from the Stargate universe. Really odd.
          It was all in jest, folks. The (real) robot in picture has nothing to do with Stargate. It's (obviously) not even called a replicator, it just looks like one. Maybe I should have gone with a different title, say "Real life replicators"?
          Oh well, what's done, is done... have some more pictures:

Its very rare that threads stay on the subject for any more than a page, unless it is something really interesting/controversial, which unfortunately doesn't happen too much these days.

Comment

Its very rare that threads stay on the subject for any more than a page, unless it is something really interesting/controversial, which unfortunately doesn't happen too much these days.
            Yeah, but this thread already derailed in it's second post. I was expecting it to go off topic, but not that soon. Though luck, I guess.
            Et populus improbos in divino iudicio vestro tradibit,
            ubi pecamina illorum in pondera pendibuntur
            cum omnibus iustis ac veris. – E Libro Originis

Comment

Who the bloody hell is andre?

Do you mean Reese?!?

This is the timeline of Replicator technology as I see it.

Ancients create Asurans.

One of the Ancients who returns to Earth ends up on another planet and builds himself a bootiful robot daughter. He uses Asuran-like nanites in her repair systems and gives her everything she needs to be able to use it.

Reese builds the original Replicators as toys, as no one wants to play with a robot. She teaches them to protect themselves and to replicate.

The people of said planet turn on her father and as she tries to defend him with the Replicators. She loses control and they go on a killing spree and kill everyone on the planet before leaving.

Replicators invade Ida and start kicking the Asgard's little grey butts.

Eventually the Replicators discover neutronium and the ability to reproduce Reese's nanites. They create the first human-form Replicator in the image of a man (possibly her father).

We all know what happens from this point on.

So indirectly the Ancients are kind of responsible for the Replicators, but I don't think we can really blame this one on them (for once)
              is that actually confirmed or ar you just saying your opinions?
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
                I sure hope so, although the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that has connections with a dog and a lamp post.
                Originally posted by Womble View Post
                That would explain that big puddle under it.
                LoL... I didn't notice the puddle till I read this... LoL

Comment

Working...
                X