sigpic
    Sig For Me!

Comment

No problem.
      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
        I'm really hoping we'll see more of them in AoT, good battle between 302's and them would be great.

As for the size, they were definately bigger than a glider, gliders would be no where near big enough to carry a ring platform and have alot of room left. I'd put just shorter than a cargo ship.
        There is ONE class of gliders that carries rings. It was shown in "Children of the Gods Pt2".

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          Unfortunately i can no longer find the actual designs for the fighter. However i do have this.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com...s/File/82134/7

The ori fighter is at the bottom of the screenshot in the centre. It is an accurate representation of the official designs made for the show.
          Thanks, that was a really great image.
          sigpic
          i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin Kyle SG-9 View Post
            There is ONE class of gliders that carries rings. It was shown in "Children of the Gods Pt2".
            I wouldn't call that a glider, it was a transport ship big enough for rings that then morphed into a much smaller glider and it's never been seen since.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
              I wouldn't call that a glider, it was a transport ship big enough for rings that then morphed into a much smaller glider and it's never been seen since.
              Modified version of a standard death glider, likely custom-built to Apophis's own specifications. The craft had a generous cargo hold for ferrying Apophis, his inner circle of Goa'uld, and several Jaffa elite.

Unlike other death gliders (which appear to require forward momentum to remain airborne) this advanced craft appeared to use ventral repulser jets to keep it hovering in-place, as an on-board ring platform transported the cargo to the ground.

Once its contents had been expelled, the wings would modify into the standard forward configuration. Aft jets would then take over and shoot the glider away from the scene.

This craft was perhaps one-of-a-kind. After Major Charles Kawalsky and SG-2 shot down the vessel on Chulak, the model has not been seen again

Comment

The Ori fighters have great weapons.

Do they have shields?

If so, the Ori fighters could be a match for what I consider the best fighter ever built by a sci-fi show: The Puddlejumper.

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
                  Modified version of a standard death glider, likely custom-built to Apophis's own specifications. The craft had a generous cargo hold for ferrying Apophis, his inner circle of Goa'uld, and several Jaffa elite.

Unlike other death gliders (which appear to require forward momentum to remain airborne) this advanced craft appeared to use ventral repulser jets to keep it hovering in-place, as an on-board ring platform transported the cargo to the ground.

Once its contents had been expelled, the wings would modify into the standard forward configuration. Aft jets would then take over and shoot the glider away from the scene.

This craft was perhaps one-of-a-kind. After Major Charles Kawalsky and SG-2 shot down the vessel on Chulak, the model has not been seen again
                  Right but since this vessel is much bigger than your standard glider and has not been seen since the fact still stands gliders, as we know them are not big enough to carry a ring platform.

Comment

No they are not much like gliders, they're more like single person gate fighters.
                    sigpic

Comment

Are they single person fighters? The pic you posted Ehecatl is fanart so can't really be used to determine this. To me it looks like 2 seats in these official pics.

Comment

Y'know, that "seat" at the front looks more like a controls console for avionics, weapons etc. to me.
                        "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                          Y'know, that "seat" at the front looks more like a controls console for avionics, weapons etc. to me.
                          I did consider that but the closer you look at it, especially in the second pic the more it looks like a seat.

Comment

We might see them in AoT. I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSullivan View Post
                              We might see them in AoT. I hope!
                              I do too... hopefully dogfighting some F-302s

Ace
                              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I'd like to see the Ori attack Earth with the 302's and Ori ships having a dogfight above the Earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X