This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
    For the size of the beams they are strong maybe 1/4 or 1/3 as strong as the ori beams, so firing on them 5 or more times might actually overpower there sheilds
    No, if they're 1/4 the power of an Ori beam and they fired 5 shots that equals 1 and a quater Ori beams, you really think the Ori beams would buckle from that? They'd need to fire around 15 shots just to match the power it took the Ori beams to take down now asgard designed shields and Ori shields are obviously much more powerful than them.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
      No, if they're 1/4 the power of an Ori beam and they fired 5 shots that equals 1 and a quater Ori beams, you really think the Ori beams would buckle from that? They'd need to fire around 15 shots just to match the power it took the Ori beams to take down now asgard designed shields and Ori shields are obviously much more powerful than them.
      Then again we dont know how the ori shields are designed, maybe they are ment to take lot of fire from energy blasts, like a whole bunch of hataks, but maybe it is weak against beam based weapons
      Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
      Anime signature in spoiler tag
      Spoiler:
      Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

I think it's just the simple answer that the beams cause the shields to fluctuate allowing weapons fire to get through, it's the simpliest explanation, why even mention the fluctuations if they're going to simply overpower the shields? Never before have they said 'the shields are fluctuating, fire!' it's always 'The enemies shields are weakening' or something along those lines.

Comment

I think it's just the simple answer that the beams cause the shields to fluctuate allowing weapons fire to get through, it's the simpliest explanation, why even mention the fluctuations if they're going to simply overpower the shields? Never before have they said 'the shields are fluctuating, fire!' it's always 'The enemies shields are weakening' or something along those lines.
          maybe the shields fluctuating was part of the design, but dont think that was the main focus of the weapon, i guess the only way to find out is how it does on the wraith, or asurans or perhaps a hatak
          Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
          Spoiler:
          Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

maybe the shields fluctuating was part of the design, but dont think that was the main focus of the weapon, i guess the only way to find out is how it does on the wraith, or asurans or perhaps a hatak
            That makes no sense though, the fluctuations would be their best chance at getting through the Ori shields, they have no idea how much power it would take to overcome them, the fluctuations would be the main focus of the weapon with the power being secondary for once they get through the shield. I honestly think the weapons won't be as effective as people seem to think they will be against the Wraith, just have to wait and see though.

Comment

That makes no sense though, the fluctuations would be their best chance at getting through the Ori shields, they have no idea how much power it would take to overcome them, the fluctuations would be the main focus of the weapon with the power being secondary for once they get through the shield. I honestly think the weapons won't be as effective as people seem to think they will be against the Wraith, just have to wait and see though.
              think about it this way, what you happen if they failed and the fluctuations didn't turn out to be what they though, you would need power as a back up...it does seem like it has some power from the looks of it it can do good damage. if it were to go up against the wraith who have no shields i image it destroying the wraith fast, it might not travel through the whole wraith hull, but i see it doing major damage cause if it can shoot multiple times.
              Spoiler:

Comment

think about it this way, what you happen if they failed and the fluctuations didn't turn out to be what they though, you would need power as a back up...it does seem like it has some power from the looks of it it can do good damage. if it were to go up against the wraith who have no shields i image it destroying the wraith fast, it might not travel through the whole wraith hull, but i see it doing major damage cause if it can shoot multiple times.
                Exactly so the power is secondary to the fluctuation emitter, imo the power alone is no where near enough to take down Ori shields.

I don't think the weapons will be that effective against the wraith armour, only if they hit the selected spots that aren't covered, be pretty easy to pin point them and fire constantly but still not the cake walk people seem to think it'll be. In the end it could be the Hives massive size that helps them out against the Asgard beams.
                Last edited by kirmit; 17 November 2007, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Exactly so the power is secondary to the fluctuation emitter, imo the power alone is no where near enough to take down Ori shields.

I don't think the weapons will be that effective against the wraith armour, only if they hit the selected spots that aren't covered, be pretty easy to pin point them and fire constantly but still not the cake walk people seem to think it'll be. In the end it could be the Hives massive size that helps them out against the Asgard beams.
                  Well it will be ALOT better then the weps we have now...And i bet a earth ship could destroy a wraith ship in about a dozen hits max
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Well it will be ALOT better then the weps we have now...And i bet a earth ship could destroy a wraith ship in about a dozen hits max
                    If they target the Dart bays then yes definately, hitting them would cause secondary explosions that would immobilise the ship allowing the Earth ship to hit any other area it wants from of being hit by wraith fire, darts might cause complications though.

Comment

If they target the Dart bays then yes definately, hitting them would cause secondary explosions that would immobilise the ship allowing the Earth ship to hit any other area it wants from of being hit by wraith fire, darts might cause complications though.
                      although i wonder how far one shot can pierce the wraith's hull..i bet it can go maybe half the way a reg ori beam would travel
                      Spoiler:

Comment

although i wonder how far one shot can pierce the wraith's hull..i bet it can go maybe half the way a reg ori beam would travel
                        A quarter the power a quarter the damage. I think an Ori beam could go through the whole hive or atleast most of the way through, in which case the Asgard beams would go a quarter the way through. The only problem being that the asgard weapons are much smaller than Ori ones, so the chances of hitting critical systems is much less likely. I do wonder if the beams can be fired at the same time as missiles and rail guns, if so the fight would favour the Earth ship by a considerable amount.

Comment

A quarter the power a quarter the damage. I think an Ori beam could go through the whole hive or atleast most of the way through, in which case the Asgard beams would go a quarter the way through. The only problem being that the asgard weapons are much smaller than Ori ones, so the chances of hitting critical systems is much less likely. I do wonder if the beams can be fired at the same time as missiles and rail guns, if so the fight would favour the Earth ship by a considerable amount.
                          true from what the beams did to the ori ship it does a fair amount of damage despite being small, so i guess the places to aim would be the engines and core
                          Spoiler:

Comment

The asgard beams could be much more accurate and more able to target critical systems.
                            Best quotes ever:
                            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                            Thor:I like the yellow ones
                            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                              The asgard beams could be much more accurate and more able to target critical systems.
                              True but to do that they'd need to know where the critical systems are and they lost all the information they had on Hives in 'Allies'.

Comment

I don't think it's really hard to detect engines/power generation on ships.

Comment

Working...
                                X