Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, I think they just remodulated Atlantis's shield based of what they saw in the codes for the cloak, not hooking up the jumper to the city and expanding the cloak.

Just like when they turned the jumper cloak into a shield and how Daniel when he was a prior turned the Odyssey's shield into a cloak. It's just something like reconfiguring or remodulating, not hooking one into the other.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
      I agree, I think they just remodulated Atlantis's shield based of what they saw in the codes for the cloak, not hooking up the jumper to the city and expanding the cloak.

Just like when they turned the jumper cloak into a shield and how Daniel when he was a prior turned the Odyssey's shield into a cloak. It's just something like reconfiguring or remodulating, not hooking one into the other.

Vala,
      It was merlin not prior related that daniel could cloak the odyssey. The ori have not shown cloaking capabilities yet, hope they don't since the ori ships' power supply is probably sufficient to allow it. Kinda reminds me of the ancient's trinity power generation chamber.

Comment

Originally posted by from_orion View Post
        It was merlin not prior related that daniel could cloak the odyssey. The ori have not shown cloaking capabilities yet, hope they don't since the ori ships' power supply is probably sufficient to allow it. Kinda reminds me of the ancient's trinity power generation chamber.
        She didn't say that Daniel drew upon Prior knowledge to do that. She simply said he did it while he was a Prior which is completely true. The only reason she mentioned "prior" in that sentence was likely just to give people a road marker (some familar visual) for when this happen. From there people can remember, on their own, details like the cloak was made possible thanks to Merlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
          The whole point with the Lantean technology in Atlantis is that it's DESIGNED to handle the power flow from a ZPM. Specifically, the shield / cloak generators used on Atlantis and the Puddle Jumpers.
          That was my understanding as far as the city goes but i would assume that the jumper runs on an internal supply of power(ie. the battery under the dashboard) not the ZPM.

I do however think it is replenished but the city uses vacuum energy, so how is that channeled into the jumper? I know you could porbably convert it or whatever but the i still don't think so as in Rising pt 2 in the Sumner rescue the jumper was running fine without the ZPM working, although the power wasn't taxed. (Did I just contradict myself?
          sigpic
          i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Isn't the whole limiting factor of shield power how much energy can be pumped through the emitters rather than just how much power you have. Yes obviously by plugging a ZPM into the 304's power system will allow you to take the shield system up to its maximum rating but there will be a limited amount of power you can shunt through them before burning out.

That would determine the maximum shield power available to a ship as well as the total power available.

302's with a ZPM would be able to support a shielding system but fitting into a ship that small would require tech above what we currently have, i.e. ancient/ori level design to build a shield system small enough to fit into a 302/Jumper sized ship.

The weapons & hyperdrive would probably be the best uses of ZPM power in a 302 sized ship, a sort of jump and shoot style vessel.
            Nu ani Anquietas :: We are the Ancients, well some of us

Comment

With a ZPM hyperdrive would be awesome because unlike naquadria zpm power is stable and predictable so that much power with a small light ship would go very fast and very far!

Comment

With a ZPM hyperdrive would be awesome because unlike naquadria zpm power is stable and predictable so that much power with a small light ship would go very fast and very far!
                That would take time, as McKay had to set it excatly for it to work on the puddle jumper and even then it would be a waste of a ZPM not to be used on Atlantis, a 304, or The outpost
                Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic
                So whats the worst that could happen?
                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                  That would take time, as McKay had to set it excatly for it to work on the puddle jumper and even then it would be a waste of a ZPM not to be used on Atlantis, a 304, or The outpost
                  Yeah obviously it would be a reality only if we found an aditional ZPM. With another one however a craft like this would be worth the use of it because of its strategic value.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomouse55 View Post
                    Isn't the whole limiting factor of shield power how much energy can be pumped through the emitters rather than just how much power you have. Yes obviously by plugging a ZPM into the 304's power system will allow you to take the shield system up to its maximum rating but there will be a limited amount of power you can shunt through them before burning out.

That would determine the maximum shield power available to a ship as well as the total power available.

302's with a ZPM would be able to support a shielding system but fitting into a ship that small would require tech above what we currently have, i.e. ancient/ori level design to build a shield system small enough to fit into a 302/Jumper sized ship.

The weapons & hyperdrive would probably be the best uses of ZPM power in a 302 sized ship, a sort of jump and shoot style vessel.
                    Yes, the systems are limited by the maximum amount of energy that can be handled through them.

Power conduits, emitters, etc. That said, the feats achieved with ZPM by the Daedalus shows that such a ship possess insane power conduits.
                    Since a lot is a knock off of goa'uld and asgard tech, that tells a lot about how powerful these two races' vessels were.
                    See, you don't have a 304 that can suddenly block a massive CME if the ship isn't capable, to boot, to transfer such insane amounts of energy to the shields.
                    Makes me fairly confident that the Goa'uld and Asgards can easily play with yields in the several tens of exawatts with no problem.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Using zpms to power 302s would be a waste. They would be much more useful in 304s.

Comment

What if we learned how to make unlimited ZPMs. The power output would still be wasted. If it is capable of powering a city like atlantis, using it on a 302 would seem a waste.
                        Best quotes ever:
                        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                        Thor:I like the yellow ones
                        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                          What if we learned how to make unlimited ZPMs. The power output would still be wasted. If it is capable of powering a city like atlantis, using it on a 302 would seem a waste.
                          Not a waste it would just be a life-time power source. Plus, like in Fail Safe any time we have to expand a hyperspace window or something it would be very easy. Even more assuming that everything from life support to shields to hyperdrive and energy weapons are all dependent on power.

Comment

Not a waste it would just be a life-time power source. Plus, like in Fail Safe any time we have to expand a hyperspace window or something it would be very easy. Even more assuming that everything from life support to shields to hyperdrive and energy weapons are all dependent on power.
                            But bigger ships would be more pratical then using a F-302 so it would be a waste
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic
                            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                              But bigger ships would be more pratical then using a F-302 so it would be a waste
                              You're the one that brought up the hypothetical unlimited ZPM thing. Given that, nothing is a WASTE!!!!

Comment

You're the one that brought up the hypothetical unlimited ZPM thing. Given that, nothing is a WASTE!!!!
                                Nope never said that, sorry it was someone else, but nice try play again next time
                                A Face you Can Trust
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X