X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

........... :s

Comment

I think the thing that everyone is forgetting when they say that the Asgard should have built O'Neills for Earth is that they were pretty low on time with the effects of that cell degeneration kicking in. Thor saying that they didn't want to be preyed on by other races as they declined suggests that they didn't have O'Neills to defend themselves and didn't have enough time to build them.

Comment

first of all: its not a haystack, and they did give blueprints. unendings says that they made it easy for us to use the technology. however when the prometheus and deadalus and onward recieved asgard tech, it was clearly said asgard DESIGNED indicating that the technology was made to be easily adapted to earth technology. now that we have pure asgard tech earth will have to find it[asgard placed it logically, though they will prob have a different idea of logical] in the database and adapt it to earth tech, wich will prob get earth into a hell of a lot of trouble. i think the replicator set lose on earth is made due to asgard research. the PWARW couldnt be used against the replicators due to earth having trouble adjusting it to earth tech. also the deadalus had problems with the hyperdrive, as it had to be adjusted to earth tech. before earth has integrated all asgard tech into its own[again, oddysey got upgraded by asgard and therefore the technology is already adapted] decades will have passed.

to directly answer your question: no. the ships are massive, and prob require neutronium, wich earth doesnt have. it takes a bit less than a year to build a 304, and it will take several years to build a single oneill. they will have an advantage, but the wraith will most likely cooperate with over 30 hiveships to take it down. they arent unified, but neither stupid.

to add to ancient ships: have we ever seen an ancient ship at full power? no. never. ever.[maybe the flashback in progeny, but those werent completely seen and not seen in battle]. the full power of the aurora class has yet to be shown. and if earth finds an aurora class ship, as good as new, with a full supply of drones, just as if it came right out of a shipyard, then an ori vessel wouldnt stand a chance. why? if the drones are fired in such a way that each impact is on the exact same spot as the one before, then you get the unending effect and the shields fluctuate, then they get through and the ship is destroyed. the battle would last less than a minute. i guess 30 seconds. maybe even less. remember ori motherships were made to fend off fleets. not a single ship with awesome firepower, as the ori knew [through jackson] that earth did not posses an aurora class ship neither any other ancient ship apart from a puddlejumper so they did not create shields wich would withstand them. give it a zpm and name it the ori shredder. shields are powerfull enough to take over 20 hits from the ori main weapon[seeing as the most powerfull asgard shields + a powercore+a zpm gave the oddyssey defense against some 7 hits, and an aurora has more powerfull shields and energy systems] enough to take down the "camelot" ori fleet. tag asgard beam weapons on it and anti ori-ness increases 100%

people seem to underestimate the power of a fully functional aurora class vessel. also the ori knew of earths antarctic superweapon. so their shields became drone resistant. yet they never made their shields so that they could withstand an aurora, as through daniel they knew earth didnt posses one, neither did their allies, and they knew the vessels were super extremely rare.

Comment

forgot to add: all the asgard sent to the camelot battle was an oneil. they were rebuilding[i assume developing the unending tech] and spent most of their resources on it. i also assume their oneil factories were damaged so they couldnt build them as rapidly as normal. in fact unending wouldve sucked if the asgard didnt die. the 'one day we wont be anymore" threat was hollow. empty. it wasnt a threat, just a simple statement.

though i think the asgard had retreated all forces so it would have been better if like 10 ori motherships wouldve dropped out of hyperspace, the odyssey wasnt complete, asgard fleet[what remains] starts battling them, they finish the upgrades, oddysey leaves, a last battle shot, the planet explodes, with the asgard and ori fleet with it. in unending they seemed too helpless and too fragile.

Comment

The only thing being that Earth would not necessarily need to understand the science behind Asgard technology, because they could use the matter creation thing on the Odyssey (I forget its name) to create Asgard components for other ships. I know its limited, but then they only have the Daedalus and the Apollo to upgrade initially (and maybe making the parts for the Phoenix).

Comment

is the phoenix officially an earth ship[maybe with asgard tech, to symbolise the rise of the asgard from the ashes, or at least their tech]

Comment

Yes. There's another thread that deals with it, since I don't know how to do spoiler tags.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  to add to ancient ships: have we ever seen an ancient ship at full power? no. never. ever.[maybe the flashback in progeny, but those werent completely seen and not seen in battle]. the full power of the aurora class has yet to be shown. and if earth finds an aurora class ship, as good as new, with a full supply of drones, just as if it came right out of a shipyard, then an ori vessel wouldnt stand a chance. why? if the drones are fired in such a way that each impact is on the exact same spot as the one before, then you get the unending effect and the shields fluctuate, then they get through and the ship is destroyed. the battle would last less than a minute. i guess 30 seconds. maybe even less. remember ori motherships were made to fend off fleets. not a single ship with awesome firepower, as the ori knew [through jackson] that earth did not posses an aurora class ship neither any other ancient ship apart from a puddlejumper so they did not create shields wich would withstand them. give it a zpm and name it the ori shredder. shields are powerfull enough to take over 20 hits from the ori main weapon[seeing as the most powerfull asgard shields + a powercore+a zpm gave the oddyssey defense against some 7 hits, and an aurora has more powerfull shields and energy systems] enough to take down the "camelot" ori fleet. tag asgard beam weapons on it and anti ori-ness increases 100%

people seem to underestimate the power of a fully functional aurora class vessel. also the ori knew of earths antarctic superweapon. so their shields became drone resistant. yet they never made their shields so that they could withstand an aurora, as through daniel they knew earth didnt posses one, neither did their allies, and they knew the vessels were super extremely rare.
                  I think people way over estimate ancient ships, if they were as great as people make out they simply wouldn't have lost the war to the wraith.

Now what's wrong with your post is that you assume Ancient ship shields are stronger than the Asgards most powerful shields, we know Atlantis' is but that shield is different to the ones used on their ships. Proof so far has shown them not to be but many people just say that's a goof, I'm going to take it as it was
                  Spoiler:
                  Ancient ship, shields at 20% taken down extremely fast by one measley wraith cruiser
                  Now an Ori ship is much much more powerful, so simultaneous shots from it's main beam weapon shouldn't have a problem against ancient shields.

Now drones against Ori shields, imo they won't go directly through and as far as we've seen are nothing like the asgard beings, which make the shields fluctuate enough for beams to get through, drones simply pass right through normal shields. You say Ori ships are built to fight fleets and not single ships but really there's no diffence between 12 ships firing with the same amount as fire as one ship. I do however think eventually drones would take Ori shields down, but it would take alot imo and would not do it in time before the Ori ship blows the ancient ship up, at most I'd say a stale mate with both ships blowing each other up.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    I think people way over estimate ancient ships, if they were as great as people make out they simply wouldn't have lost the war to the wraith.
                    not true
                    Spoiler:
                    In the most recent episode when the scouting team returned they said the wraith defeated 3 asuran ships, wraith are powerful in numbers maybe not technology

For example say the ori were welcomed to hmm... 1000 ships...maybe one of the ori ships would be destroyed...
                    btw i am not saying the wraith sent 1000 ships, its just an example
                    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                    Anime signature in spoiler tag
                    Spoiler:
                    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                      not true
                      Spoiler:
                      In the most recent episode when the scouting team returned they said the wraith defeated 3 asuran ships, wraith are powerful in numbers maybe not technology

For example say the ori were welcomed to hmm... 1000 ships...maybe one of the ori ships would be destroyed...
                      btw i am not saying the wraith sent 1000 ships, its just an example
                      Exactly, if they were as strong as some people suggest the Asurans ships wouldn't have fallen, they simply aren't as great as people seem to think.

Comment

Exactly, if they were as strong as some people suggest the Asurans ships wouldn't have fallen, they simply aren't as great as people seem to think.
                        How can you make any judgment about the strengths of either side without knowing the numbers? Those 3 ships could have been alone and they could have been up against 20 hives and even more cruisers. What would you say if that was the case and the 3 ships were destroyed, but took out 90% of the wraith fleet before that? Heck, it could have been 10 on 10, and in that case the Aurora class would be more to your expectations. But the point is we don't know the numbers on each side so we can't make judgment on the ships involved.

Comment

Well the fact that there was no Wraith wreckage was mentioned points to the Wraith having a swift victory, Sheppard seemed pretty convinced that the Wraith won that battle. If there was wreckage from several hives he could just as easily assume that the replicators won. It's pretty clear the Wraith wiped the replicators out.

Also I doubt the Wraith are sending fleets of 20 hives around against the replicators its probably more like fleets of 5.

You're all underestimating the Wraith what we're hopefully seeing now is examples of them at war kicking butt.
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                            How can you make any judgment about the strengths of either side without knowing the numbers? Those 3 ships could have been alone and they could have been up against 20 hives and even more cruisers. What would you say if that was the case and the 3 ships were destroyed, but took out 90% of the wraith fleet before that? Heck, it could have been 10 on 10, and in that case the Aurora class would be more to your expectations. But the point is we don't know the numbers on each side so we can't make judgment on the ships involved.
                            Put it this way, some people seem to think that an ancient ships shields are close to or on par with Atlantis' shields, if this were the case then even 15 Hives wouldn't be a problem against one ancient ship with it darting about and firing aswell. People just way over estimate the ancient ships imo, I personally wouldn't put their ship shields higher than the most powerful Asgard shields. I think the best ship shields belong to the Ori (I know Atlantis is technically a ship but you know what I mean), despite their fluctuations they can take one hell of a beating from bombardment.

BTW Buba I agree with you, people underestimate the Wraith but also overestimate the Ancients.

Comment

Put it this way, some people seem to think that an ancient ships shields are close to or on par with Atlantis' shields, if this were the case then even 15 Hives wouldn't be a problem against one ancient ship with it darting about and firing aswell. People just way over estimate the ancient ships imo, I personally wouldn't put their ship shields higher than the most powerful Asgard shields. I think the best ship shields belong to the Ori (I know Atlantis is technically a ship but you know what I mean), despite their fluctuations they can take one hell of a beating from bombardment.

BTW Buba I agree with you, people underestimate the Wraith but also overestimate the Ancients.

Agree with everything except I think an Aurora would go toe-to-toe with an Ori ship. Shields are at least as good as the Upgraded Oddy's, probably better IMO, but not tremendously so. There's no way that an Aurora's shields are like Atlantis' because of exactly what you said.

Comment

What about an Aurora class powered by a ZPM (eg Tria)? Since the shields are covering a smaller area than that of a city ship, would they come close to the strength of a city ship's shield?

Comment

Working...
                                X