This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    but wouldn't ramps make it unsafe if there was some sort of hull breach?

Even with blast doors, or some form of force field to stop decompression, couldn't ramps that connect multiple floors make it very unsafe if something bad happens.
    i get the impression taht the goauld don't care much about many safety features.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

well you see, they have stargate like portals on the wall and they simply walk through them and magically appear on the desired level. Quite ingenious if you ask me but much more practical than walking.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar 2.0 View Post
        Which reminds me of an old idea that I never posted on this site, or rather a question:

Why dosen't the SGC have emergency Rings installed, we know that the Asgard transporters are more than capable, but we also know that they can be blocked by interference, the rings could be used to transport around the base in an emergency, and maybe used to transport to the ships in orbit?
        It's a security risk. A ship could come into orbit and the next thing you know the base is overrun by Jaffa. Meanwhile, the SGC already blocks Asgard beam technology by design. So if there were rings in the base all Ba'al had to do in that one episode was make his way to the rings in order to escape with the information he got. The SGC is designed so that if needed the base can be locked down, thus trapping threats within the base. In order to do this with rings you have to first destroy them each and everytime there is a foothold situation. Even if you set it so you need a code to active them it's too much of a risk that an alien threat will figure it out and escape.
        Last edited by Xaeden; 21 October 2007, 01:20 AM.

Comment

I think rings also becasue of how Jonas escaped the flooded section of Anubis ship in the ocean. Also having a continous ramp would be unsafe and as said if the was a hull breach, the corridor would throught the hole ship de-presurising the entire ship and evan if they did seal it off from other sections the part which is comprimised would be enough to tare the ship to pieces (not litterely, with in reason). But the ladder feature for back and emergency systems is a good guess.
          Oh and really face a Goa'uld isnt gonna like walking up ramps and what a Goa'uld wants a Goa'uld gets so making him/her walk ramps will proboloy get you killed.
          Pure.

Comment

Working...
          X