Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invisibilty cloak better the seeable shield.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
      I've wanted to create a thread that debated what is more Impressive x or y so I created one so here is my first question and please lets stay on topic as long as we can before we switch topics

What is more Impressive Aphosis cloaking his fleet of ha'taks or Anubis's shields able to withstand being shot at by Tollan Ion Cannons?

I've thought that Aphosis being able to cloak his ships was more impressive but what do you think?
      Maybe it should be time we get less irrelevant topics. No offense, but you're comparing things which are apples and oranges.

What's better between a banana and a MP3 player?
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Ok whats more impressive slicing a Hive ship in half or blowing a hole through a Ha'tak?

I think destroying a Hive ship is far more impressive and shows a lot more power.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
          Maybe it should be time we get less irrelevant topics. No offense, but you're comparing things which are apples and oranges.

What's better between a banana and a MP3 player?
          Oh, you're one to complain about this. As if one scifi show vs another isn't apples to oranges enough. And since we have to endure and "tolerate" your threads, I'm sure you can keep your mouth shut about this one.

As for "who came up with cloaking first", I think that's where the discrepancy in the writers starts to show itself. We saw Apophis use it on huge fleets without a ZPM-type power source... yet it takes a ZPM to cloak a Daedalus-class starship.

Comment

Cloak is also more impressive because Anubis was "half decended" so he had a little Ancient knowlage so it was easier to make better shields.

Comment

Considering we have experiments now related to actually "cloaking" objects to make them invisible, an energy field that can withstand multi-megaton/gigaton blasts of energy is about 23412314124324324 times more impressive to me.
              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Wasn't is Sokar who managed to develop the Hatak cloak, and then Apophis killed him and took the ships?
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                  Oh, you're one to complain about this. As if one scifi show vs another isn't apples to oranges enough. And since we have to endure and "tolerate" your threads, I'm sure you can keep your mouth shut about this one.
                  I'd know you couldn't retain your miserable pleasure at harping on my bum 24h/24h, but the point your formidable cortex misses is that at least, the versuses I and others have made, even fugiguy, have always been about opposing things, ensembles or subjects which could be compared, or were thought to be, before demonstrated how unbalanced the situations were.
                  I considered that making at least constructive versus threads would give those same threads kind of letters of nobility, because it's quite sure that there's already a vocal minority which jumps at any occasion just to stir trouble. I figured out that if all future versus threads were just as good as Wraith feces vs. Goa'uld cum, the likes of you would either double their daily dose of trolling, or would die from a heart attack.
                  The most amusing part of this is probably your hypocrisy, where we see how much for someone who'd like to see those threads disappear, you always end posting in them at least twice.
                  Cheers.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

As for "who came up with cloaking first", I think that's where the discrepancy in the writers starts to show itself. We saw Apophis use it on huge fleets without a ZPM-type power source... yet it takes a ZPM to cloak a Daedalus-class starship.
                    Heh, yeah. Has any Goa'uld ever cloaked a Ha'tak after that episode? Let alone an entire freaking fleet.

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                    Wasn't is Sokar who managed to develop the Hatak cloak, and then Apophis killed him and took the ships?
                    Yeah, I think that Sokar was the first Goa'uld to make use of ship cloaking technologies... there is an episode with a cloaked Tel'tak in which SG1 gets captured by a bounty hunter. I think thats the first episode you see ship cloak. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

My ego is far more impressive.

.. that and the cloak.
                      My ego is more impressive & bigger than your ego!

Aphophis' cloaked fleet was extremely impressive for it's era/time (especially since it had never been done before); but so is Anubis' Anicent/Asgard-enhanced shields.

Having a cloaked fleet of ships with enhanced shields - now that would be impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsnag View Post
                        Yeah, I think that Sokar was the first Goa'uld to make use of ship cloaking technologies... there is an episode with a cloaked Tel'tak in which SG1 gets captured by a bounty hunter. I think thats the first episode you see ship cloak. Correct me if I'm wrong.
                        I believe you to be correct, sir.

Originally posted by Master Oragahn
                        Blah blah balh

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                          I'd know you couldn't retain your miserable pleasure at harping on my bum 24h/24h, but the point your formidable cortex misses is that at least,
                          I understand what you are trying to say, correct me if I am wrong, a Cortex is the outerlayer of any internal organ i.e. outerlayer of his kidneys, the outerlayer of his lungs, liver, stomach etc.
                          what I think you mean is the cerebral cortex, which is the outerpart of the cerebral bit.

On topic, the shields...
                          whilst I agree that apophis being able to cloak his fleet is impressive it doesn't matter if the adversary is near invulnerable to your weapons (i.e. anubis's shields would stand up against apophis's entire fleet)

Comment

Working...
                          X