Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they said that zats had an effect of 20 minutes or more depending on how your body was.

Then just with the Sg people, they get a sort of immunity to it. So it loses its longer lasting effects.
    Visit my Website

Comment

When was that said?
      Disliked a recent episode?
      Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
      The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
        they said that zats had an effect of 20 minutes or more depending on how your body was.

Then just with the Sg people, they get a sort of immunity to it. So it loses its longer lasting effects.
        Uhh no. That is not canon and not accurate by any measure. Not only are you making it up, but you're insulting the rest of the forumguers by trying to pass such BS as fact.

Comment

then you explain why sg1 later in the seasons were able to stay awake when they were shot, and even move while everyone else who has never been shot with one still gets ko'ed with one shot for around 20 minutes?
          Visit my Website

Comment

ZOMG PLOT DEVICES.

But you know, nothing beats science like experimentation. Grab a metal fork and jam it into a socket tonight and for the rest of the week. Let us know if your body adapts.

Comment

works for me, I don't feel it anymore
              Visit my Website

Comment

Rofl. Now we know.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                  .. Grab a metal fork and jam it into a socket tonight and for the rest of the week. Let us know if your body adapts.
                  my heart stopped beating, they had to do cpr
                  Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                  sigpic

Comment

If you're continually needing to Zattify your victim, I would suggest at least 4 hours between shots (or 38 minutes after they come to.)

The Zat blast is essentially a form of electricity, hence it's ability to travel through metal (Memento Mori.)

As a 'gater stated before, you should wait until you're sure the charge has dissipated from the body.

As for longterm effects, your body may become resilient, as some people take about half a milisecond to go down, while others may take up to 5 seconds (Prometheus Unbound.)

Comment

Id say the 2 shot kill rule only applies for as long as the victim is stunned. We have only seen (that I can remember) the 2 shots to kill someone being taken one directly after another, so I think after the person comes out of the stun, it would be safe to zat him again.

And I also think that people can become immune (well not immune but not be affected as bad) after they have been shot a lot with a zat as Im sure that the zat effect was really long lasting when it first appeared and then just eased off throughout the seasons.

Although it may just be the fact that as the show gets older they try to make other weapons seem more powerful by toning down weapons seen early in the show. If you look at Children Of The Gods when the Jaffa came into the gate room and grabbed the female soldier, the bullets were just bouncing off the armour without much affect and then later in the show it takes a few shots and a lot less time to shoot a Jaffa through his armour

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior View Post
                        Id say the 2 shot kill rule only applies for as long as the victim is stunned. We have only seen (that I can remember) the 2 shots to kill someone being taken one directly after another, so I think after the person comes out of the stun, it would be safe to zat him again.
                        that we have seen, yes, but i remember some case where it is said that a second shot would kill after the victim has recovered enough to get up.

Originally posted by WraithWarrior View Post
                        Although it may just be the fact that as the show gets older they try to make other weapons seem more powerful by toning down weapons seen early in the show. If you look at Children Of The Gods when the Jaffa came into the gate room and grabbed the female soldier, the bullets were just bouncing off the armour without much affect and then later in the show it takes a few shots and a lot less time to shoot a Jaffa through his armour
                        that may have been a move to armour piercing bullets, why would you have guns with AP bullets 28 floors underground?
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                          that we have seen, yes, but i remember some case where it is said that a second shot would kill after the victim has recovered enough to get up.
                          Thanks. Well I still wouldnt give it that long before you can shoot someone again

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                          that may have been a move to armour piercing bullets, why would you have guns with AP bullets 28 floors underground?
                          Well yes, but its not just the bullets, its just the fact that when the writers bring a new enemy or piece of tech in, they make it look like its so strong and then when a newer piece of tech or enemy come in, they need to make the old look less powerful by cutting the time of the effect the tech has or making the old enemy take more time completing something so that the new things look better.

If they kept everything the same from S1 to present day, in some episodes, you would just be watching 45 minutes of the team getting zatted and recovering or the team waste ridiculous amounts of rounds trying to shoot something/someone

Comment

Don't ZAT ME BRO

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                              Don't ZAT ME BRO
                              Ill try not to

Comment

Working...
                              X