Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hataks are incapable of carrying alkesh. In lost city 1 and 2, we see them drop out of hyperspace separately. They did not emerge at the same time which suggests that they were not encompassed in the hyperspace bubble that the hatak was using. Also because the alkesh have their own hyperdrive that would not make sense.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Why couldn't they be carried? If you were going to battle against an enemy that you know COULD defeat you, would you stick something you're going to need away just to have to retrieve it later?
      When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
      Zatnikitelman

Comment

a alkesh is just abit smaller than the promtheus from the scenes in prometheus unbound and the one that the prommie destroyed on the trusts stolen alkesh

and a wraith cruiser in seige 3 when it was decending on the 304 was just smaller than the 304

so that would just suggest that you could fit a 304 on a hatak... not likely... an alkesh is massive, you would need large doors to fit atlest 1 in..on a hatak.
        sigpic

Comment

from prommie unbound i'd probably say an alkesh is probably about 1/3 of the length of the prometheus!! you see them flying between prommie and the camera and not obscuring it all!
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Plus on The Other Guys when they take SG1 prisoner the Alkesh is not realy that big IMO, some one else can crunch the numbers

Comment

The Al'kesh ship from 'Exodus' could fit into a ha'tak many times provided they had large enough cargo doors but the size varies so often.

Comment

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s6/6...6x08_0055.html
                Here's a pic from the stargate caps site. You can compare the size of the freshly ringed down Jaffa to the rings to the Alkesh.
                When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by hatakuser View Post
                  Yeah they have a hyperdrive but it is well slower than a Ha'Taks-I also proposed the idea that an Al'Kesk would be launched from a seperate area to the Tel'Tak and Gliders.This problem derives from sizing me thinks
                  Alkesh are short range, Hatak only carry gliders and alkesh. An alkesh is 1/3 the size of a hatak, no way in heck one culd fit

Comment

The Ha'tak carry transport ships also.

Comment

An Alkesh is too small and a Ha'tak too big for an Alkesh to be 1/3 the size of a Ha'tak.
                      Zatnikitelman

Comment

They're not very consistent on that either.
                        In season 1, Serpent's Lair, the death glider hangar was huge. There was room for an alkesh in that.
                        However, I have issues seeing how that very room could fit inside a ha'tak.

On the same hand, look at the picture with the al'kesh dispatching troops. See its size relative to the stargate, and then remember that episode where Baal was stealing plenty of them. He put all of them inside a vast room.

Then, I remember the episode Exodus, or even the battle at Dakara, with al'keshes doing straffing runs.

Anyway, it's from the same people who used the deckplan of a square based pyramid for a ha'tak's triangle based pyramid core.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

The hanger bay doors are too small for an Alkesh. As it is a Teltak barely fits through the doors. Most versions of Hataks show a hanger bay only wide enough to allow two Death Gliders at a time through and not much taller than a Teltak. The one in Descent was also two gliders high but still too small for an Alkesh.

Comment

If the S/L can afford making the massive numbers of DG's to fill up a Ha'tak, then 120 may be a fair bit under.

The rooms in a Ha'tak are actually small, the only exception possibly being Ba'al's Gate-Stealing ship (Off The Grid, s9) where the largest room was the only one capable of holding something as large as a gate, and last I remember, an Al'kesh dwarfs the size of a 'gate.

Any ship as small as a Cargo ship can be fitted into a Cargo Bay.

Comment

Is there a way to compute the size of the alkesh using the known size of the ring platforms as described in The Other Guys? That way we can see exactly how much bigger the alkesh is than the teltak.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Yeah, just eyeball it. Compare the four Jaffa that have just ringed down in the background of the Alkesh picture to the Jaffa from the picture of the glider bay. Even without counting pixels and scaling it should be possible to make a rough guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X