X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
    Those numbers are way over my head
    How do the gliders get back in the Ha'tak after they are launched?
    Biscuits. They love them.

Or where you thinking tractor beams?
    They can also be automatised.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
      Here's the problem:

First, we don't know how a Naquadah reactor works. If it's a simple fission reactor, then neutron emission from weapons grade material would start a chain reaction (if Naquadah is analogous to Uranium).

Second, with weapons-grade Naquadah, you'd want the chain reaction. With refined Naqudah, used for building materials and superconductors and such, you wouldn't want a chain reaction.
      If you had a ship built from weapons-grade Naquadah, neutron radiation would cause it to go into chain reaction mode and explode.
      Ah, yes, that's right.
      I forgot about the naqahdah that is used for hulls and such.
      They don't even need to deplete it, since its natural state has it very stable, and I didn't hear anything about ill radiations.

So yes, weapon grade naqahdah is likely very much enriched naqahdah, or at least anything else superior to simple refined naqahdah.

That said, this would clearly mean that they use WG naqahdah as fuel.

Maybe the Al'kesh uses the same inertia drive system as a Tel'tak, and the boosters are there to provide extra thrust to overcome those targets?
      Yes, that's what a suggested, but it's kinda goofy. They don't need that. Again, ha'taks are capable of accelerations that make those auxiliary drives pointless. Even more since they only point backwards (another SF brainbug). But what can we do?

I haven't had problems using the search engines in a wiki. You just have to filter through the crap and use Ctrl+F a lot.
      Try to find a given word, from any random transcript at sg1-solutions, even by specifying the site, you'll get nothing.

Me too, but it's still canon that they're supposed to be able to land on pyramids. That means they're mostly hollow.
      Thinking about it, how much canon is it supposed to be, really?

At best, we've seen one slightly cover the tip of a mountain, in a very loose way which was more embarassing than impressive.
      The other case, the landing on the Juna pyramid, was officialy recognized as a goof.
      At this point, there's no real canon fact about the triangle-based ha'taks supposed to sit on pyramids.

Because they'd be tetrahedrons, not square pyramids, and fans would notice the difference between those and say, the great pyramid at Giza.
      Who gives, really?
      Many fans, years ago, still thought that the largest ha'taks had a square base.

Having triangle based pyramids would have looked nice and different.

I'm just saying that we don't have a firm number for the Mark-9. Saying it's 812 GT is like saying the sky disperses light at exactly 490 nm, when it's actually a pretty big range.
      All I'm saying is that number should be presented as an approximation, not a well tested figure.
      It's still accurate enough, based on dialogue.

Too bad the Ori have control over the only source of Naquadria. I wonder how many Mark-9s are left in the SGCs arsenal?
      Pfwaah... I dunno. I'm still unsettled about the question if we managed to borrow the recipe for naqahdria, and started another reaction on another planet full of naqahdah.

We should probably try to steer this back on topic, since this thread is supposed to be about Ha'taks, not Naquadah
      Aie sir.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

but keep in mind, humans haven't been building intergalactic ships like the Gau'ld or the Asgaurd. I think that the Prometheus look neat. It wasn't like how you see most star ships in other sci-fi series

Comment

Just a final word on the refined naq.

Weapon grade could easily be refined naqahdah, in the sense that weapon grade naqahdah can be a variant of refined naqahdah, just one that is more powerful and full of isotopes that are precisely ought to release lots of energy during a... fusion?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
            Just a final word on the refined naq.

Weapon grade could easily be refined naqahdah, in the sense that weapon grade naqahdah can be a variant of refined naqahdah, just one that is more powerful and full of isotopes that are precisely ought to release lots of energy during a... fusion?
            Yeah, it would be a type of refine Naqahdah.

Comment

Working...
            X