Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's only an assumption they actually land, perhaps they just move into position above the pyramid.

Comment

Can we talk about the differences between the Standard Ha'tak and the Anubis Ha'tak or should that be in another thread(I only ask cuz this thread is about Ha'taks but I dont wont to hijack????????)

Comment

The type seen in the movie, and in Secrets, is also a pyramid ship, and therefore, a ha'tak.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
          As for our references, well we see Apophis & Klorel using one model of Ha'tak in the S1 Finale/S2 Opener Arc.
          Which was a tetrahedron.

Completely different models are used by Heru'ur five episodes later in "Thor's Chariot."
          How are they different? I don't even recall seeing a ship in that episode, because Heru'ur came to Cimmeria by Stargate. He was building some landing pyramids, but I don't recall seeing any ships.

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn
          The type seen in the movie, and in Secrets, is also a pyramid ship, and therefore, a ha'tak.
          Right, there are two different types of pyramid ships shown in the series.

Tetrahedrons:

And square pyramids:

And my original point still stands: A tetrahedron cannot land safely on a square pyramid. Not only are they far larger than the pyramid they're landing on, but they're the wrong shape: Triangular hole, square peg.
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jyral Nadreth View Post
            I have a hypothosis-Square bases could be for an older Goa'uld vessel that has been de-commisioned in favour for the Ha'Tak
            I think Ra's ship was many 1000 years old since we saw it on Earth in 8000bc was it and probably before-I reckon he got sentimental about his old ship

Comment

There's no reason to believe they were less efficient than the sort of mothership we mostly saw in SG-1.

The highest members from Ra's lineage, like Heru'ur, for example, would not be travelling in such ships, despite the power of their armies, if those ships couldn't handle a battle with a tribase ha'tak.

On Cimmeria, Heru'ur had three quadribase landing pads built for incoming motherships. Since we know that only the movie-type can land on them, we know there were more than one or two, even by the time of seasons 2-3.

To Jarnin

Yes, tribase ha'taks can't land on pyramids, and have been seen to set on the top of mountains (once), but most of the times, land on mastabas or natural plateaus or in valleys.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I think it's just a goof.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post

Spoiler:
                  that kinda says it all
                  sigpic
                  EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                  -Liberty Prime

Comment

Spoiler:
                    /applaud

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Yet they still are tetrahedrons in Camelot http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/9...amelot556.html
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                        I never thought of that. It is wierd
                        But the strangest thing I find is the size of the Hall-ways they are huge.
                        What a giantic waste of space and materials.
                        I think the giant hallways are for moving large cargo like the sarcophagus, we saw in the early seasons them moving the sarcophagus around and it could just barely fit in the halls.
                        Company of Thieves

Daniel: You might want to prepare to return fire.

Marks: For the record, Im always prepared. I just have to push this button.

Comment

Wow, the Ha'tak looks absolutely massive in that pic. O_o

I wonder what kind of length can we roughly extrapolate based off of that.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            TPTB themselves openly classified this as a goof.

Comment

I agree with Battera, the underside could change shape based on where they're landing.

I didn't mean the Base's changing shape. I meant something like this:

I think it might be how the new Ha'taks are built to be compatible with the older landing platforms.
                              You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
                                I didn't mean the Base's changing shape. I meant something like this:

I think it might be how the new Ha'taks are built to be compatible with the older landing platforms.
                                My point was that they don't have to be compatible. They can land on mountains (as stated earlier) or flat plains, or simply stay in orbit, which would be the most energy efficient option.

Comment

Working...
                                X