This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
    The Russians suck at building things let alone a interglatic space craft even if they have(stole) the plans.
    A B-29 force-landed at Vladivostok in 1945. The Russians reverse-engineered it in less than a year for Tupolev to build their own version. The MiG-15 was a real shock over Korea. MiG-17's and MiG-21's were quite a challenge for our pilots over Vietnam. The MiG-25, while undeniably primitive compared to the F-15, was hell-for-stout and would go like hell (faster than anything we have other than the SR-71 and the XB-70). I hardly think your characterization is correct.

Blackwater

Comment

The Russians suck at building things let alone a interglatic space craft even if they have(stole) the plans.
      If that was in reference to the Korolev, they took it from us when it was being constructed. I'd say it was pretty close to completion because the episode right after it the ship was in a operational state
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Faster yes but you take any russian aircraft you named and the second you try to turn you have slow down thus running the risk of stall then you pluck them out of the sky simple areodynamics.

I was refering to the Korlev and how it was destroyed and the Odessy was not different modles but still it was a bucket of bolts that took a long time to build.

Comment

Faster yes but you take any russian aircraft you named and the second you try to turn you have slow down thus running the risk of stall then you pluck them out of the sky simple areodynamics.
          The MiG-17 and MiG-21 outturned any fighter we had in the air over Vietnam.

As for modern Russian work take a look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-30

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...sia/mig-29.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JovhuJAFbdk

Blackwater

Comment

The MIG-17 was much slower than the US F-4 Phantom thus they wanted a different fight and the MIG-21 broke down so often the Commies couldn't keep them in the air. THen in the Israel vs. Bagdad the F-14 Tomcat and got its wing blown off and still went hundreds of miles without the pilot knowing.

My point is that if you want somthing (F304) made right make it in America!

Comment

but it was made in America for the most part, it was only the russians for maybe a couple of weeks tops, but i'm thinking days. The reason it didnt last as long is because it wasn't supposed to be used like that for another year, it wasn't fully completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwater View Post
                The MiG-17 and MiG-21 outturned any fighter we had in the air over Vietnam.

As for modern Russian work take a look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-30

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...sia/mig-29.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JovhuJAFbdk

Blackwater
                ok for one the NVA only had ayleast 16 Mig 21s but plenty of mig 17

Comment

The MIG-17 was much slower than the US F-4 Phantom thus they wanted a different fight and the MIG-21 broke down so often the Commies couldn't keep them in the air. THen in the Israel vs. Bagdad the F-14 Tomcat and got its wing blown off and still went hundreds of miles without the pilot knowing.

My point is that if you want somthing (F304) made right make it in America!
                  Everything you just wrote is false. The Mig-17 was slower than the F-4 but it could out turn it. It was not armed with missiles so in order to fight with the F-4 they had to get into a old fashioned gun fight. The F-4 was originally designed essentially as a sled that carried air to air missiles and went really fast. When the F-4 was designed it was thought that there would be no more traditional dog fights with guns and it would all be done BVR with missiles. Your comment about the Mig-21 is totally false as well. It is known as one of the most reliable fighter aircraft ever built. It is still in use by numerous nations across the world today. The Israeli's never used the F-14 Tomcat the only other country to use them other than the US was Iran. The incident you are talking about happened when a Israeli F-15 Eagle hit another Israeli F-16 knocking the right wing off at it's root. There was enough wing left for the pilot to be able to land it safely though. Your comments are ignorant and uninformed.

Comment

Yes maybe I was a little uniformed and I am Ignorant but the Chinease MIG-21 in vietnam did break down do to grass landing strips and crappy mecanics.

But still the Russian Korlev blew up and the Odessy did not, so who is better?

Comment

It wasnt completed, the odyssey was fully completed, its not a fair comparison. Even if it was completed, war isnt completely symetrical you cant be garrunteed that each ship would be hit the exact same ammount of time and in the exact same manner.

Comment

Life is not fair, War is not Fair But in war (in this case) comes down to what and how much skill you have.

It was rushed in to the fight but all primary areas were complete most likely the kitchen or the crew Quarters were not finished

Also Daniel most likely pissed them off with his Quote from the Ori pamphlet of DOOM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith View Post
                          The Jaffa probably wouldn't sell ships. They want to ensure they have the power to defend themselves and this would mean having as many Ha'taks as possible.

Plus it takes time to build a 304. It's not like Earth has massive drydocks to build a load of ships at the time. It has to be done in secret. Also, they contain a bunch of pretty advanced technology which would take time to manufacture.
                          It would also be hard to divert the funds necessary for a large fleet without public outcry.
                          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                          Caboose: They could be worse?
                          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                            It would also be hard to divert the funds necessary for a large fleet without public outcry.
                            Very true and the under ground building docks would cost a arm and a leg and hard to build without speculation.

Comment

Right back to the Ha'tak-they do not require 100's of crew as they can be skeletoned crew by very few people as seen in Cronus's old Ha'tak as there was 5 crew onboard(SG-1 AND Jacob). In terms of numbers I was thinking around 1-2 (for seasons 1-4),3-4 (for seasons 5-8) and finally about 6 for seasons 8-10. I was'nt on about thousands and as they would be supporting ships latter on they would not need a full crew compliment. Using the Ha'taks in a battle with the Ori would be stupid-I completely agree but if Earth ever needed to move troops in a big way the Ha'Tak would be the ideal ship. Another thing is when the Americans and Russians have built up more 304's Britain,France and China could be given the Ha'taks until a 304 was availible for them.

Comment

All possible but the reason you need more than 5 people is to repeal attempts to board the ships.
                                Then Ha'tak on Ha'tak would be to fair to the Gould
                                If you use Alkesh the you can act like a swarm of bees and eventually use less personal

Comment

Working...
                                X