Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different universes, people. We have no way to measure each fighter's weapon effectiveness against the other. We also have a hard time to measure degrees per turn speeds, etc. Why are we creating these versus threads again? Why?

Comment

ok, i say the 302s will win, our pilot can adapt to new cylon tactics like they will to our, our pilots a welll trainned in dog fights, plus suprort from the Daedalus crusiers rail guns will take out many raiders

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
        Why are we creating these versus threads again? Why?
        To insure that your head eventually explodes.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Different universes, people. We have no way to measure each fighter's weapon effectiveness against the other. We also have a hard time to measure degrees per turn speeds, etc. Why are we creating these versus threads again? Why?
          Different yes, but both have the same weapons and no shields, no beam/energy weapons and the only thing we could fight about is about the speed of each craft.

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
            ok, i say the 302s will win, our pilot can adapt to new cylon tactics like they will to our, our pilots a welll trainned in dog fights, plus suprort from the Daedalus crusiers rail guns will take out many raiders
            1.) and vice versea with the Cylons just look at Scar and how many Viper pilots he took out and plus the Cylon Raiders can fly backwards.

2.) It is only fighters only, no Base ships and no 304s involved or else I would have put it in the thread title and in the first post.
            Last edited by Rudy Pena; 18 July 2007, 05:52 PM.

Comment

This is a bit more fair than the 302 vs the Viper but the Raider's still better than the 302, for all the same reasons the viper was.

Basically it's an actual space fighter that fights like a space fighter where as th 302 likes to pretend it's an atmospheric fighter and fights accordingly.

Comment

Cylon Raider.

And they better hope never cross the path of Scar.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

isn't scar really dead now?

to the main point though...i'd go with the raiders.
                  That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by 123NotIt View Post
                    isn't scar really dead now?

to the main point though...i'd go with the raiders.
                    Wouldn't he just get reborn somewhere?

Even if not though he was just an example of a radier who had died many times and accumulated a lot of combat experience. That's what made him so formidable. There could be other Scars out there, there could be raiders that are worse than him.

Comment

They turn the key, but you dance all by yourself

(What if a raider carried out repeated short range FTL jumps - would make it difficult to acquire a missile lock)
                      The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Originally posted by the_dark_light View Post
                        They turn the key, but you dance all by yourself

(What if a raider carried out repeated short range FTL jumps - would make it difficult to acquire a missile lock)
                        That would be like playing hide and seek and Cylons dont like to play hide and seek they like cat and mouse. And plus it will just fun out of fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Amb. Shepphard(ARC) View Post
                          Different yes, but both have the same weapons and no shields, no beam/energy weapons and the only thing we could fight about is about the speed of each craft.
                          Wrong. We are never told what specific caliber of weapon the Raiders carry, nor even Colonial Vipers. Nor their ammo. Nor their degrees per second turn ratio. Why does it matter?

A standard F-22 carries the M61A2 Vulcan cannons as its main close-range armament. F-22's carry standard rounds and has a good turn ratio.

Soviet Mig 47s carry the GSh-30-1 gattling guns, armed with explosive rounds. Mig 47s also have good turn ratio as well, as it was designed with the F-22's capabilities in mind.

You can get the actual numbers and compare how well they'd fare in combat against each other because it's ONE STANDARD MEASUREMENT SYSTEM that you can statistically analyze. We also know quite a bit about the ammo. Soviet explosive rounds are designed that one or two hits are sufficient to knock a plane out of the sky.

We don't know the caliber of the Vipers nor the Raiders. We just know "it shoots stuff".

We also don't know what the 302s carry. Wikipedia remarks that the 302s carry "Kinetic Energy Weapons".

Turn ratio is important as well. If we don't know how maneuverable the fighters are, we can't assess how well they'd fare against each other. And we don't know these numbers.

Comment

I would say an equal match until the jump drive(302) comes into play

Comment

Originally posted by Jyral Nadreth View Post
                              I would say an equal match until the jump drive(302) comes into play
                              Except that the F-302 hyperdrive can only be used for short range tactical jumps. Raiders can jump between systems, not to mention the fact that their jump drives are untraceable.
                              The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Originally posted by the_dark_light View Post
                                Except that the F-302 hyperdrive can only be used for short range tactical jumps. Raiders can jump between systems, not to mention the fact that their jump drives are untraceable.
                                Loki and his bad infomation, serves him right if Thor got him. If the 302 gets Asgard upgraded following the 304's what then????

Comment

Working...
                                X