Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were borrowing that, but even taking all of the things you mentioned into consideration, the reconassaince completed would have been pretty darn thorough, plus whether or not they are making more elsewhere it's just plain up a bad idea to wait around for them to become so unbelievably powerful that we don't have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post
      Do you think it's time that they face a real Alien threat .Like some giant bugs like out Starship Troopers or Aliens .I mean the wraith are nothing more than half bug , half human that suck the fluids out of you they don't reallyeat you .

I'm talking something that would scare the crap out of you . Bio engineer Warriors ,Tank bugs something .

I mean the Travelers come on .WE WANT A REAL THREAT .I mean if the US Marines really threw everything at the Wraith .Tanks ,Nukes, Fighters,Flame Throwers, Snipers ,Apaches APC They would get their ASSES kicked .Hell even the JAffa Would get there Asses kicked too
      I'll have whatever you are on!

The Wraith defeated the Lanteans. There is no way in hell that Earth or in this case the US could take them out. Tanks, what good are they when most of the battles will be done in space. Can their rounds reach into orbit. Against Darts, again not very good chances because they are airborne & can move at speed. The Wraith weapons can cut into the elements that make up 304's. Meaning if they can do that to those materials, how long do you think a tank would stand up to the weapons? Snipers again would be no use on anything other than Wraith walking on the ground. Which wouldn't happen I'm sure till they had all their strategic targets wrapped up.

As for flame throwers. What difference would they make. They have to be used at close quarters. While Wraith weapons could take them out from goodness knows how far.

The situation is simple. Wraith show up in fleets. Immediately begin bombarding targets like satellites, effectively making them blind. Then it would switch to airbases etc, all from the safety of orbit. They all get destroyed, while Wraith are having a ball totally safe on their ships. An example of this is in 'The Lost City', when a single Ha'tak takes out goodness knows how many US ships in the space of less than 5 mins.

Nukes would be launched into space, however the Wraith would either have plenty of time to shoot them down, or have Darts intercept them. As a last resort, move the ship out of the danger zone for a few secs, then bring it back in straight after again.

After that, everything on the ground would be devastated. The small remnants of military that remained like fighter craft would be no match for the many, many hundreds of Darts that were launched from each of the Hives in orbit.

We know how good they are at computers from when they infected a 304 & the Asgard Hermiod couldn't even remove it. Which even updates a notch in S4, when they start screwing with the Asurans.

The only thing that could really defeat the Wraith would be Drones. They wouldn't have enough in the outpost to take out an entire fleet, nor enough ZPM's to fire them all in the 1st place even if they did have the quantity of Drones that would be needed.

The most Earth or the US as you refer to in your post, could take out would be 1/2 with the Drones from the outpost. The maybe another 1 or 2 with many 100's of nukes that would be launched into orbit. However if that many were put against them, I'm sure they'd just jump in HS for a sec. Allowing them to dodge the nukes, then come straight back again.

Taking out the whole Wraith with flame throwers , tanks & all that is nothing more than total utter fanwank. If the Wraith came in a small number of Hives & their accompanying Cruisers, nver mind all 50+ that are left. They could easily take Earth in a very short amount of time. Their weapons can drain a shield powered by a ZPM in the space of days. What do you think would happen in these weapons were to hit unshielded targets of ships, buildings etc. It would be a massacre!

304 shields are at least 3 times stronger than those of a Ha'tak. If Wraith weapons can damage them relatively quickly, what chance would one of them have against a Hive & it's many, many weapons turrets. The only saving point is that it has energy weapons. However given the sheer size of the Wraith ships & the fact it has self-healing armor protecting it. Then the Ha'taks would probably be well destroyed before they even scratched a Wraith Hive.

The only way they could be defeated would be to replicate everything the Odyssey has & install it on at least half a dozen 304's. Although it ,would most likely need to be around double that to be sure especially when taking on larger fleets. They using ambush tactics picking off small number of Hives at a time may work. If it was a straight fight, then they'd be slaughtered.

Don't forget, the Lanteans went into battle with them for 100 years & lost, despite all their knowledge & technology, they had much more advanced ships & they couldn't defeat them. So US Marines using normal Earth materials would be wiped out before the Wraith even had the days dinner!

Comment

But are you sure?

Comment

Wraith-boy isnt putting how strong we really are into effect. (normal military not stargate military)

Our normal airforce, and im sure our allies airforce wouldnt be pushovers in a dogfight with wraith darts.

Sure, we might lose because its energy weapons against bullets, but we would damn sure take out more than half of their attackers.

then if we do make a few more 304's, we should make some new ships along the way. Something with stealth tech. So we could fly next to hives and drop off a few nukes and take them out without even noticing us.
          Visit my Website

Comment

this thread should be called 'your opinions on starship trooper on how stupid it was'

lol XD
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
              The only thing that could really defeat the Wraith would be Drones. They wouldn't have enough in the outpost to take out an entire fleet, nor enough ZPM's to fire them all in the 1st place even if they did have the quantity of Drones that would be needed.The most Earth or the US as you refer to in your post, could take out would be 1/2 with the Drones from the outpost.
              That is assuming we could even get them all launched... i am sure once they hit orbit they would scan for it, and bombard it from up there.

Comment

Yeah i would love to see some aliens that weren't so huminoid in appearance.......I know......the goauld but they take hosts
                I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                  Yeah i would love to see some aliens that weren't so huminoid in appearance.......I know......the goauld but they take hosts
                  We've seen some. But the whole premise is "humans on other planets"
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                    There's a few things that you would have to consider with that;
                    Budget: can the show afford that
                    Story: Does it make sense to have them there
                    Capabilities: If they do make something with tentacles etc, is it going to be practical
                    And appearance: will the end product look any good? You see so many bad sci-fi movies and shows where they try and what they produce just looks so cheesy and fake.

Personally I am fine with the whole human appearance thing, and I think that tptb are taking a big step with Michael's army..... And I really hope it works out well

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                      this thread should be called 'your opinions on starship trooper on how stupid it was'

lol XD
                      'troopers'
                      Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                      Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                      Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                      Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                      You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                      Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                      One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                      You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                      The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                      www.7-scales.co.uk
                      http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post

lol XD
                        Well it was really stupid. Made me mad too, got all pumped to see it from the commercials, and it was just a plot-hole ridden mess. It couldn't even be saved by gratuitous nudity.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post
                          Do you think it's time that they face a real Alien threat .Like some giant bugs like out Starship Troopers or Aliens .I mean the wraith are nothing more than half bug , half human that suck the fluids out of you they don't reallyeat you .

I'm talking something that would scare the crap out of you . Bio engineer Warriors ,Tank bugs something .

I mean the Travelers come on .WE WANT A REAL THREAT .I mean if the US Marines really threw everything at the Wraith .Tanks ,Nukes, Fighters,Flame Throwers, Snipers ,Apaches APC They would get their ASSES kicked .Hell even the JAffa Would get there Asses kicked too
                          Don't be so deluded.

The Wraith have about 50 Hive ships. It takes a very big number of bullets to kill them. They can scoop up large numbers of people using darts. And each ship holds tens of thousands of wraith.

If the Wraith threw everything they had at Earth, none of our armies or armed forces would stand a chance. 50 Hives, an untold nymber of cruisers. Tens of thousands of darts. Around a million Wraith.

Seriously, your assesment of the US marines is highly innacurate.

Comment

Working...
                          X