X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Entreri View Post
    Daedalus can take on 1 Hive, MAX.

Like they did in No Mans Land, fire all nukes simultaneously, 1 or 2 will get through. Rest will be a very tough fight.

Minus Asgard weapons:

Ori ship? Hell, Earth 4 battlecrusiers combined (with destroyed Korvolov) would not be able to SCRATCH 1 Ori ship. Against 1 Ancient warship? Close to the same result, just will take longer. All the shields in the world wont do if your weapons SUCK.

Daedalus et al need the Asgard weapons and shields and possibly ZPM = best killing machines ever.

Season 4:

Otherwise, no chance against Ancient replicator ships. 0% chance really, since anti-replicators guns should not work. And plus they will be FAR OUT numbered.
    The only reason only one nuke got through was because ALL of BOTH HIVE'S darts were in the space between the targate hive and the Daedalus when it fired. In a normal situation, the darts would probably be still in the bays when they launched, so they could not intercept as many, if any.

And why wouldn't the anti-Replicator guns work?
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

As for the nukes getting through, you have a point. Still, the wraith darts exit Hive ships very fast, and the nukes take time to reach target.

Daedalus have NEVER shown a capability to take on and destroy 2 Hives after the Wraith found out how to disable beaming. Their shields are fine and awesome, but have the worst weapons of any capital ship ever.

The Replicator ships are real ships.

They will have shields up.

So I am assuming that the anti-Replicator weapon will not penetrate the shields and 'kill' the Replicators inside.

The Milky Way replicators ships had no shields that I remember: They just adapted to energy fire, ala Borg style (minus shields). I could be wrong, been a long time since I watch those reruns.

This is also assuming that Replicators have NOT upgraded Ancient ships with better shields, weapons (lasers), ZPM or multiple ZPMs. If they did, IT IS ALL OVER. Even with the latest Asgard stuff, they will be far out numbered and Replicator's new tech = Asgard tech.

Only other way the humans can win: Have a cheesy way out, McKay finding some way to shut off or destroy replicators...It would be sooo lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Entreri View Post
        The Replicator ships are real ships.

They will have shields up.

So I am assuming that the anti-Replicator weapon will not penetrate the shields and 'kill' the Replicators inside.

The Milky Way replicators ships had no shields that I remember: They just adapted to energy fire, ala Borg style (minus shields).

This is also assuming that Replicators have NOT upgraded Ancient ships with better shields, weapons (lasers), ZPM or multiple ZPMs. If they did, IT IS ALL OVER. Even with the latest Asgard stuff, they will be far out numbered and Replicator's new tech = Asgard tech.

Only other way the humans can win: Have a cheesy way out, McKay finding some way to shut off or destroy replicators...It would be sooo lame.
        Actually, in "Reckoning", the disruptor bipassed the shields of a Replicator infested ha'tak and destroyed them all. So it could work, considering we have no evidence to suggest Ancient shields can repel the disruptor (add in that disruptor tech IS more or less Ancient (O'Neill made it with their knowledge)).
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Oh I see.

But these are Ancient shields >> Hatak shields.

And if powered by ZPM and upgraded on top of that:

Ancient shields >>>>>>>>>> Hatak shields, easily a match for Odyssey's shields.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Still, even if the anti-replicator stuff works, replicators will adapt to it. There may be still ships to destroy, Ancient ships of great power.

Comment

Wait one minute. Why are you people being bated by Entreri into completely changing the essence of this thread into yet another one of his "BLAH BLAH SHIELDS ARE STRONGER THAN BLAH BLAH BLAH SHIELDS" discussions? I'll admit, my ice cream comment was a bit off mark, but christ, I'm not goign around derailing entire threads into pointless discussion points. Don't support Entreri.

Comment

Working...
            X