No announcement yet.

Fastest ship builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that is true the Oddessy would have had to have 30 years worth of material for food production for 7 people, with 3 meals a day, 365 days a year which comes to 32,850 meals-where would all that material be on a ship the size of the Oddessy

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
      If that is true the Oddessy would have had to have 30 years worth of material for food production for 7 people, with 3 meals a day, 365 days a year which comes to 32,850 meals-where would all that material be on a ship the size of the Oddessy
      They didn't need all of the ship. They could have used that. And it could probably convert CO2 to Oxygen so there's that.

I'm just saying that if it really is a converter, it can't just make something out of nothing. The raw materials have to come from somewhere.

Comment

The Ancients are ascended so are pure energy-but can retake human form so if they can it must be possible in some way.

Comment

E=mc^2

So, a human weighs about 100 or so kgs? I'm guessing? (I don't use metric)

so 100*the square of the speed of light joules. If the ascended were at least that much energy, well...

Comment

replicators for speed.

what really gets me though is the SGC. They are building vessels larger than the largest air craft carrier on this world at a rate of one every 2 years(currently two under construction at once with one a year coming out of the docks).

all this from off world material supply's, and the SGC's limited and highly secretive personel. Sure we can crank up production and build a super carrier in under 3 years but that requires a lot more people, and it gets a lot more expensive. I just don't see how the SGC can build a vessel that size, at that speed, using such limited resources, for just physical construction in that time frame.

Comment

Erm the Deadalus Classes are being built at 2 a year. Think about it, Deadalus, oddesey, Korelev, appolo. Deadalus was built, and Oddesey was built in another dock. When Deadalus was completed they started work on the korelev. Thats 3 ships from Moebius (when we first saw Deadalus) to Camolot when we had Deadalus, Oddesey and Korelev. If we say thats 18 months, then we can build 2ships per dock, per year. We must have two docks, because otherwise, i think having just 1 would make it really difficult, and rushed job. All 4 ships were built in a 2 year period, yes we could have produced all 4 in one dock but i think 2 makes alot more sense. Because Oddesey and Korelev came out pretty rapidly one after the other.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

ah but korelev was built for the russians, it was probably made low spec and built by cowboy contractors. that's why it got smithereened so fast!!
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Caldwell View Post
                  E=mc^2

So, a human weighs about 100 or so kgs? I'm guessing? (I don't use metric)

so 100*the square of the speed of light joules. If the ascended were at least that much energy, well...
                  100kg, thats very big(I mean very muscular or fat), about 75/80 for an adult. There are 2.2lb in a kg. I don't think you can really relate the ancients to that formula, they don't really stick to the laws of physics lol.
                  Best quotes ever:
                  O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                  Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                  Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                  Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                  Thor:I like the yellow ones
                  O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

No the Korelev was going to be the appolo, its construction was done in the USA for the USA but the Russians got the Korrelev in the episode backhandedly(cant remember it), so it was built to the same spec as the deadalus and oddesey it was just not used by the USAF.

Edit:
                    It was in Crusade, Chekov used the threat of taking the Stargate from the USA in order to do a gate program with China, in order to secure the gate we gave them a nearing completion deadalus class, basicly the russians used the gate a leverage to get a ship but the ship was built for the USA.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                      No the Korelev was going to be the appolo, its construction was done in the USA for the USA but the Russians got the Korrelev in the episode backhandedly(cant remember it), so it was built to the same spec as the deadalus and oddesey it was just not used by the USAF.
                      Wasn't it to do with getting the russian stargate? Also, your right, those stupid russians.
                      Best quotes ever:
                      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                      Thor:I like the yellow ones
                      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

weren't the asgard fast builders also? they managed to make quite a few oneal class ships in a short period of time.
                        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                        Anime signature in spoiler tag
                        Spoiler:
                        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Edit:
                          It was in Crusade, Chekov used the threat of taking the Stargate from the USA in order to do a gate program with China, in order to secure the gate we gave them a nearing completion deadalus class, basicly the russians used the gate a leverage to get a ship but the ship was built for the USA.
                          they may have stripped out all the good stuff before handing it over and then putting that stuff in the oddesey
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                          Quotes!
                          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                          sigpic

Comment

It had Asgard shields, Hyperdrive, Rail guns, Missiles, Rings, beaming technology and all the usual consoles...Daniel jackson, and Mitchel were perfectly happy to go on there even though the Oddesey was next door..
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

It had Asgard shields, Hyperdrive, Rail guns, Missiles, Rings, beaming technology and all the usual consoles...Daniel jackson, and Mitchel were perfectly happy to go on there even though the Oddesey was next door..
                              pah, oh then, maybe it just wasn't decorated quite so nicely
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              Quotes!
                              sigpic

Comment

with asgard upgrades the ships will be built more slowely i think. and to keep the stargate program secret, hundreds of companies are contacted for small pieces of a ship. at area 51 they are assembled. by then every kubic metre is done by several companies.

Comment

Working...
                                X