Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daedalus and Apollo-- Hows do you think they will do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StevenCaldwell View Post
    On the main page of gateworld, they have spoken to Robert C. Cooper, and he has confurmed that

Spoiler:
    The tech gained in the SG-1 episode Unending will be incorperated into voth the Daedalus and Apollo.

The Thread above this ( daedalus and apollo confirmation ) discusses how they tech will be added and what tech will be added,
    and THIS THREAD TALKS ABOUT HOW THEY WILL GET ALONG IN THE PEGASUS GALAXY AFTER THE UPGREADS HAVE BEEN ADDED AGAINST THE WRAITH AND REPLICATORS.
    That's what I thoygh you were referring to, but it doesn't actually say what you have stated!

He says "Are all the ships going to have laser weapons?" Eventually, yeah, we're going to move that technology into the other Earth ships."

+

" So I don't think it's going to result in as immediate a change as people may assume."

There is nothing about power cores & all the rest. In fact they have only ever reffered to the core as being the computer core. Even the energy weapons, he said they plan to 'eventually' bring them in

Lol its funny how people can come on here and not even read the main page.
    I guess that means you must be referring to yourself then because what was stated in the original post isn't what was said or confirmed by anyone. This is why I asked for a link!

On the main page interview, it DOES NOT state they'll be getting power cores, core cores, apple cores or anything of the sort. The only thing is that they plan on giving the energy weapons to other Earth ships. There is nothing relating to it being Apollo or Daedalus. They could have plans to introduce it in S4, they may try & hold off till a potential S5. If it gets cancelled, they may even use it for the movies, perhaps the new 3rd series instead.

The only thing that has been confirmed is that Apollo & Daedalus get a few new pieces of technology. JM posted pics of a new upgraded rail gun design that will be brought into S4. This could be part of them instead of energy weapons for all we know.

To answer the original question though, if they hypothetically had all the upgrades, then a Hive ship would be easy pickings. It doesn't have defensive shields. So would be cut to pieces!

Asuran warships are an entirely different matter. The Asgard energy weapons could have been specifically designed for the Ori ships. So may not even scratch an Asuran warship. Another problem may be that they have less powerful blasts because of a lack of ZPM's. If a 304 had a ZPM & all the Odyssey tech, then it may be able to take out a standard Aurora class ship by default. However if they have a ZPM boosting their shields, then there is no chance. Not to mention if Drones are launched at any point, then I doubt the 304 would survive.

So Wraith ships against a 304 with energy weapons would be easy pickings. Asuran warships would be much toughter & I dount the 304 would make it out alive in any potential engagement that they had. Maybe Apollo & Daedalus might be able to take it out together, but I can't see 1-1 going in the 304's favour!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
      JM posted pics of a new upgraded rail gun design that will be brought into S4. This could be part of them instead of energy weapons for all we know.
      have u got a pic or a link to this new upgraded rail gun please?

Comment

Originally posted by 88jay07 View Post
        have u got a pic or a link to this new upgraded rail gun please?
        Agreed. I wanna see!!!
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

If they get any upgrades, it will be very little over a lot of time. If the 304s had all the upgrades the Oddyssey had, the Apollo and Daedalus would just need to do hit and run tactics against the Wraith.

Comment

Well when ever they get them, then there going to more powerful than they are now, we would stand a better chance of 1 on 1 and maby even 2 on 1 with out shields and weaponry fully operational.

maby it will take a while to get the upgrades, but
            Spoiler:
            with the daedalus grounded at earth for a while, then i think it will be getting the upgrades first.
            This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
            Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
            we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

Well the weapons will be equally effective (SOME *&^%$# KEEP THINKING THE ASGARD WEAPONS ARE POWERED BY THE ZERO POINT MODULE, WHICH THE ASGARD CLEARLY STATED IT WONT INTERFERE WITH IT, AS IT WAS PROVIDED WITH ITS OWN POWER SOURCE –THE CORE--) , THE ORI HAD SHIELDS, AND AS WE ALL SAW IT WAS MASSIVE COMPARED TO A ODYSSEY CLASS SHIP, SO THE CHANCES AGAINST A HIVE SHIP, MEANS WE SHOULD BE FINE, INSTEAD OF OUR CHEAP RAIL GUNS!, AND RODNEY CREATED A CODING THAT WILL STRENGTH THE SHIELDS, !!!
              STRENGTH SHIELDS + NEW WEAPONS = EVERYTHING IN THE GREEN,….so to speak!

Comment

Your right except the rail guns arnt so punny i mean if the U.S. Navy is Experimenting with them now in the real world the must be worth some thing. As for the new plasma beam weapons the will be a great weapon in our arsenal and make the Daedalus and the Appolo very formitable ships.
                Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                  Your right except the rail guns arnt so punny i mean if the U.S. Navy is Experimenting with them now in the real world the must be worth some thing. As for the new plasma beam weapons the will be a great weapon in our arsenal and make the Daedalus and the Appolo very formitable ships.
                  Indeed

the beam weapons are amazing, they are my fav weaspons so far. but because the daedalus and apollo lack a zpm, they will not be as powerful, though as we have seen they can still pack a punh. i wonder though, is there anyway we can build our own zpms?

Comment

It's possible, mabe there is something in the Atlantis Data base that could help us with building ZPM. Daedules and Apollo with ZPMs would be formiable enemy for the Wraith.

Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

but the database is huge, and i highly doubt the ancients have a built in search system. it would be oh so nice to build our own zpms.

Comment

Working...
                      X