This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
    I don't know if it was intentional, but reading this with a straight face made me spill coffee all over me.

I still can't get around the idea of exploding tumours.
    Nevermind if, in the end, it makes for a very gruesome death, and a "formidable" terror inducing weapon.
    Still, due to the explosive nature of the effects, it makes it worse than than a neutron bomb.
    Better just nuke a population rather than bother with delayed biological bombs that grow in your guts.
    TPTB weren't the first people to think of it.

And while nuking a population may sound like a more effective idea, exposing enough people to the machine would be devastating without a quarantine. The damage of suicide bombing and the terror of an epidemic would be a devastating combination on a population.
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      I don't think it would make a difference, it takes more than a random explosion to make something like uranium go nuclear.
      I admit that without changes to the device, it probably wouldn't work. But if fissionable material collected in the center of the tumor, I think it could be possible.
      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
        I don't know if it was intentional, but reading this with a straight face made me spill coffee all over me.

I still can't get around the idea of exploding tumours.
        Nevermind if, in the end, it makes for a very gruesome death, and a "formidable" terror inducing weapon.
        Still, due to the explosive nature of the effects, it makes it worse than than a neutron bomb.
        Better just nuke a population rather than bother with delayed biological bombs that grow in your guts.
        The thing with the exploding tumours is you could expose a population leave them alone the Wraith don't realise go off on their ships then explode. Could cause internal damage not to mention the affect of your friends randomly exploding.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I was just thinking that.

Just fund some humans that we can experiment on, make some boom boom tumors inside them and set them on a planet the wraith are coming to.

Then as they get settled into the ship, they randomly start exploding. They did some damage in Atlantis, so I'd assume if they were placed in the right spots they could heavily damage a hive ship.
          Visit my Website

Comment

Honestly, as stupid as the idea sounded at first... the exploding tumor was a rather brilliant, but desperate, idea.

Think about suicide bombers today. They have to smuggle explosives across a border to actually do any damage, then they must keep hidden. Anyone with this exploding tumor in them could just enter a city, be scanned, and keep on going. They could mingle with people, have a drink in the bar, and just wait for it to go off... And no one would be the wiser.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
              I was just thinking that.

Just fund some humans that we can experiment on, make some boom boom tumors inside them and set them on a planet the wraith are coming to.

Then as they get settled into the ship, they randomly start exploding. They did some damage in Atlantis, so I'd assume if they were placed in the right spots they could heavily damage a hive ship.
              I doubt they'd heavily damage the a Hive ship, it is 11km long unless it caused secondary explosions.
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

it sounded like the ancients wanted to hide several of these devices, and have it only affect wraith. Possibly place it in villages, and because it doesnt effect humans it would be harmless, but when wraith cull they get infected and start blowing up. Sooner or later they'd have to find more indirect methods of culling planets.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

What if the device was modified to spread the anti- virus? There would be no loss of human life, unlike the 'poisoning the well' strategy (setting the human flock to explode).

Comment

Working...
                  X