Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which weapon system to keep ?which to replace?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who suggests using anything made by Felger should be pushed through the wrong end of a stargate.

Comment

I would not count on Dr. Felger's weapon, but I would Keep the Asgard weapons, the railguns and missiles.

Asgard weapons would be a primary offensive weapon.

The railguns could serve as a secondary offensive weaponry and as defensive weapons against smaller enemy ships and missiles.

The nuclear missiles I would still keep because if you need to attack a large planetary target they are the best choice. Nukes still pack a massive punch but they just need a better delivery system so that they'll be more useful in both space and on planets.

Regular missiles still should be kept because we don't have drones and they still may be of some use.
      sigpic

Comment

i say use all of them except felgers weapon that way you can engage a wide range of targets

Comment

Dr Felger 'sname doens't seems to inspire user confidene.
          Attach Dr felgers's name onto his weapon ,seems to have a negative affect on Eath's local enegy weapon industry, so for marketing purpose , just call it Earthbase Eanrgy weapon, the energy weapon use by Sam and Dr Lee, may or may not be Dr Felger's design ,but it probably benefit by Dr Felger's research.So i am going to just group them as Eathbase Energy weapon.

I know Asgard energy weapon is awesome, but Earthbase Energy weapon are created by hard working Earth scientist ,their 10 yr effort should not go to waste. Asgard design are great ,but Earth didn't invent it , we may not be able to fully understand it in the near future.Like X-301, it was other species design , something went wrong X/F-302 are different beause it was retro-re-engineer by Earth component.Whih is more reliable.

And one other advantage for Earthbase energy weapon is the public already know about it when Sam and Dr Lee use it in the Sciene convention, We can mass manufacture it without too many people asking where the technologies ome form.

And F-302 need other weapon when it run out of missile, and Earth solider need other hand held weapon against Asuran and Wraith ,and species that are harder to kill with only bullet.
          And the only energy weapon use by SGA and SGC team are Wraith Stunner ,and Zat guns , and Ronon's gun

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
            Dr Felger 'sname doens't seems to inspire user confidene.
            Attach Dr felgers's name onto his weapon ,seems to have a negative affect on Eath's local enegy weapon industry, so for marketing purpose , just call it Earthbase Eanrgy weapon, the energy weapon use by Sam and Dr Lee, may or may not be Dr Felger's design ,but it probably benefit by Dr Felger's research.So i am going to just group them as Eathbase Energy weapon.
            Yes Earth's energy weapons benefited because Felger stopped doing his research.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Lasers=by far the most powerful weapons, cut through shields like a hot knife through butter. They need no charge time either, instantly fires, and the Odyssey has 3 of these ray guns, which can fired simultaneously.

6 shots from Odyssey crippled Ori ship completely (on fire and if left alone, likely self destruct), 7th shot destroyed it. As powerful as anything Annubis created, including his super weapon, but it requires no charge time, thus far more advantageous.

Put as many of these lasers as possible on a ship.

Nukes=obviously keep. Area effect=greatest ever are the nukes.

Rail guns=get rid of those cheesy main rail guns, they are useless against mother ships. But keep side rail guns, good against small ships.

New Asgard shields=6 fold increase in power from old, thus virtually impenetrable shields.

Odyssey just became the most powerful ship in the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Entreri View Post
                6 shots from Odyssey crippled Ori ship completely (on fire and if left alone, likely self destruct), 7th shot destroyed it. As powerful as anything Annubis created, including his super weapon, but it requires no charge time, thus far more advantageous.

Nukes=obviously keep. Area effect=greatest ever are the nukes.
                Anubis's weapon didn't even discharge a distinct directed energy beam to destroy a large portion of the Gould system lord fleet. There is no way that the beams on the Odyssey were near the power of that of Anubis's super weapon.

Nukes are only effective if your attacking a planet, or need a pulse of radiation and heat, the chances of a nuke hitting its target is pretty slim. Defensive fire could usually take out a nuke, or it hits a shield and does nothing. the nuke actually has to make contact with the ship for the ship to sustain damage from the blast wave. Most useful thing i can think of is firing a nuke to disable enemy fighters that are effected by an EMP. Or a situation like where we used Horizon.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

"There is no way that the beams on the Odyssey were near the power of that of Anubis's super weapon."

Annubis dispersed weapon destroyed about 6 Hatak's at once.

The super weapon directed at the planet is more powerful. Which took a lot of time to charge, and it is very unwieldy, cannot be used against ships. That is more powerful (may be 2-3 times) than the Odyssey's laser or Ori main weapon. Of course the Odyssey does have 3 lasers...Odyssey should be able to destroy 3 Hatak's simultaneously.

The dispersed weapon was directed at the ships. It is much weaker. I have no doubt the Odyssey's laser is more powerful than that and definitely the Ori one is.

Ori weapon is raw concentrated power. It instantly destroyed Hatak ships, cut through their shields like there were none existent. Destroyed it at the speed of light.

I believe in episode 1 of Season 10: There was a scene where the Ori weapon fire destroyed the Hatak ship and the beam continued on!

Annubis super weapon took its sweet time in comparison before Hatak class ships were destroyed, which implies that weapon has much less raw power.

Odyssey laser have to be at least close in power to the the Ori main laser. Otherwise, they would not be able to destroy an Ori ship with 6-7 shots. Ori ships can take fire from X number of Hatak ships with no apparent shield degradation, and even shrug off the ion cannons of the O'Neill class (Annubis upgraded shield Hatak ships fled from the O'Neill class, season 7).

In Unending: Odyssey was not shown firing 3 lasers simultaneously, probably because they wanted to keep the special effects 'cool', or that would make the Odyssey way too powerful. Otherwise Odyssey=about 4 Ori ships, instead of about 2. 3 lasers firing simultaneously would only need '2 shots' to totally incapacitate an Ori ship. But fighting off 4 ships=4 Ori laser fire, Odyssey would be destroyed by "3 shots"

But the Odyssey would completely tool Annubis ship. At best that ship=1 Ori ship. Only Annubis weapons strength increased with the Eye of Ra (there were 6 Eyes, Ra completed the set). Weapons power greater for the Odyssey and Ori ship (Annubis main weapon useless against ships), and they both have far greater shield strength. Even Annubis dispersed weapon takes time to charge.

Nukes, yeah they almost exclusively good at only taking out stationary targets.
                  Last edited by Entreri; 03 July 2007, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Asuran View Post
                    The railgun they should definatly keep, since they are the best agaist unsheilded targets. The Asgard weapeons are good for big ships like hive ships and sheilded ships. I think they should get rid of the missiles because they get intercepted by the Wraith and they dont do any damage to the Ori.

wasn't Dr.Felger's weapon abandoned in Avenger becuase it didn't work and to make the Avenger program?

If you take out the missiles in the 304s.. The North Koreans and the Iranians can now take down this ships...

Comment

The nukes are good but need a better delivery/detonation systeem
                      One that detonates the nuke when hitting a shield and that is faster then the current booster rockets

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                        Most useful thing i can think of is firing a nuke to disable enemy fighters that are effected by an EMP. Or a situation like where we used Horizon.
                        Well unfortunately nuclear weapons don't cause an EMP in space. I suppose you could disable them with the EMP of a nuclear blast in an atmosphere, but they'd of course have to be close to said atmosphere.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Nukes need a faster propulsion system so taht they aren't intercepted by fighters.

Comment

if sam is able to copy merlins faze technology then theres ur new derlivery system but the power supply may be to high an the cost of makeing them in the first place maybe to high also, that said you would only make it so each ship has 3-4 of them at one time, makeing them a last resort such as the asgard lasers as we wont have ZMPs to hand to the ships we make and all ready have, and the asgard lasers would not be as strong on a ship with no ZPM as on oddessy they had a ZMP which give it a big boost. meaning i wudnt reali get rid of the weapon systems just upgrade them with asgard tech.

Comment

Keep all the weapons they have and upgrade rail guns and missiles.

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                                You can never havetoo many weapon types. The more the merrier. You never know when after you've taken one out you'll regret it.
                                Damn straight... thats been proven in wars too.

If you have 2 weapons, and one can accomplish everything the other can, but better, only then should you remove the inferior weapon.

Comment

Working...
                                X