This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    no offense, but so what? that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Asgard hyperdrives being very very fast. All your saying is that the Asgard have been absent recently... So what...?
    My point was, the Asgard were the top dogs when it came to technology. The writers have already given us examples of how fast their ships are, so keeping them around would be a constant reminder of how cool their technology is.

Then the writers introduced us to ancient technology. Aurora class ships are SLOW. Why? Because they retcon'd the franchise, and made the Asgard absent so we wouldn't be constantly reminded that the Asgard ships were much much faster than the supposedly superior ancient technology.

Get it? They tried to divert our attention from the Asgard tech by making us focus on ancient tech.
    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
      My point was, the Asgard were the top dogs when it came to technology. The writers have already given us examples of how fast their ships are, so keeping them around would be a constant reminder of how cool their technology is.

Then the writers introduced us to ancient technology. Aurora class ships are SLOW. Why? Because they retcon'd the franchise, and made the Asgard absent so we wouldn't be constantly reminded that the Asgard ships were much much faster than the supposedly superior ancient technology.

Get it? They tried to divert our attention from the Asgard tech by making us focus on ancient tech.
      So? That doesn't change the fact that the Asgard are extremely fast. I just don't see how your point affects the discussion, I guess.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        So? That doesn't change the fact that the Asgard are extremely fast. I just don't see how your point affects the discussion, I guess.
        OK, let me simplify this for you:

Would you say that the Asgard home galaxy is farther away from the Milky Way than Pegasus?

How long did it take the Asgard O'Neill class ship towing the Prometheus to get to their home galaxy?

How long did it take the Asgard ship to travel from the Milky Way to Pegasus?

I'll except approximations (others wouldn't be so nice).

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I think we all must consider, "Does the Daedalus Class have the u-beaut dandy, top-of-the-line Asgard gear?"
          Remember that until "Unending" (where we did get there best stuff to preserve the Asgard Legacy), the Asgard where very hesitant to give us anything.
          They may have given us 'second-hand' equipment, relics of the past in there eyes, but still enormously advanced for us.

No, no. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

We can only hope that this will be the last footwear to fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambo View Post
            I think we all must consider, "Does the Daedalus Class have the u-beaut dandy, top-of-the-line Asgard gear?"
            No. It had Asgard-designed technology that humans would be capable of reproducing on their own.

Originally posted by Cambo View Post
            Remember that until "Unending" (where we did get there best stuff to preserve the Asgard Legacy), the Asgard where very hesitant to give us anything.
            Anything offensive. They loaded humans up with defensive and benign technology.

Comment

My original point, which you seemingly missed, is that the writers don't give a crap about the efficiencies of other systems. Their one-chot cure for everything is increasing the power.

If the writers wanted to tell us how much more efficient Asgard systems are compared to Goa'uld, they would have. Instead they decided to wow us with their generators energy output...
              Since when the writers' lack of interest in providing detailed numbers that make sense was all we needed to explain things? It's not Trek.
              Are you waiting for them to tell us everything?
              If that was so, I'm afraid a forum like this one would be pointless.

I quoted Thor saying that a single Neutrino-Ion Generator outputs 1 billion kilojoules, which is 1 terajoule. Since that ship has four such generators, it's output is 4 terajoules, if you take Thor's word for it.

Don't attribute that to me. I converted it into watts because that would actually make sense.
              It makes sense if you expected a power figure, not an energy one. But the power figure is just way too low, by many many orders of magnitude.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Anything offensive. They loaded humans up with defensive and benign technology.
                True!! Thank-you!

We already know that Daedalus takes 3 weeks to travel from Earth to Atlantis or 4 days with the power boost of a ZPM.

However consider also these quotes:

Thor The journey to our home galaxy will take many hours with your vessel in tow. (Unnatural Selection)

Carter Your ships can go much faster than light speed. I've seen you fly clear across the galaxy in no time. (Small Victories)

I still believe that Asgard Hyperspace speed is quicker that Earth/Asgard speed. Maybe the reason behind this is the size of a 304 to and O'Neill and the power output capability, or as i have said before, maybe we got "Spare Parts."

Nevertheless, its all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                  Yes, and now pick the quotes which actually quantify the amount of energy a ZPM holds, and those about 304 and biliskner hyperspace speeds.
                  The trend is broken. It's not a simple question of size/power of a power source, it's a question of efficiency of all the other systems which are part of the power grid which you neglected.

Plus that's a bit but funny from the person who claims in another thread that a Biliksner's four generator can only output a total of 4 terajoules.

4 terajoule means 0.96 Kiloton only...20X smaller than the bomb used in hiroshima

Comment

In earlier posts, we concluded that there are a few reasons why the Asgard can travel faster than us:

1. They dont wear clothes, shoes, hats, therefore----> dont weigh as much as we do.
                    2. Thor has no need for a make-up kit, whereas, Novak and the other ladies aboard our vessels have tons of make-up. They need to look good when pushing buttons . That implies weight, weight implies, heavy, you catch my drift.
                    3. The Asgard replicate everything on the spot. We are old school : cargo bay, cargo bay, cargo bay.
                    4. We have loads of small fighters the Asgard don't seem to have those things.
                    5. The O'Neill is 5 times bigger than any of our ship and maybe 5 times lighter; both empty and with a full crew (1 asgard ).
                    6. We got our superb military thrust, they got their Asgard thrust.
                    7. The O'Neill is silver our ships are not. It was proven scientifically that silver ships can travel faster through hyper space .

The list is long and distinguished . Feel free and jump in any time with your additions.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Nuke View Post
                      4 terajoule means 0.96 Kiloton only...20X smaller than the bomb used in hiroshima
                      Indeed.
                      Mmm, what's your point though?
                      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                        In earlier posts, we concluded that there are a few reasons why the Asgard can travel faster than us:

1. They dont wear clothes, shoes, hats, therefore----> dont weigh as much as we do.
                        2. Thor has no need for a make-up kit, whereas, Novak and the other ladies aboard our vessels have tons of make-up. They need to look good when pushing buttons . That implies weight, weight implies, heavy, you catch my drift.
                        3. The Asgard replicate everything on the spot. We are old school : cargo bay, cargo bay, cargo bay.
                        5. The O'Neill is 5 times bigger than any of our ship and maybe 5 times lighter; both empty and with a full crew (1 asgard ).
                        7. The O'Neill is silver our ships are not. It was proven scientifically that silver ships can travel faster through hyper space .

The list is long and distinguished . Feel free and jump in any time with your additions.
                        The Asgards themselves are also silver-ish... that increases the overall silver factor of their ships.
                        sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Integrabyte;6805129]In earlier posts, we concluded that there are a few reasons why the Asgard can travel faster than us:

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!

Then did Tylos say to the people of the low plain, "Seek not wickedness among your neighbors, lest it find purchase in you own house"

Comment

Working...
                          X