Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ LOL ignoring the plothole then... While the Odyssey will be the more agile of the two the orion will make up in Bulk and possibly fire power with homing Drones.
    BTW what is the size diffrence between the two?

Spoiler:
    Ok i was a bit bored so inspired by this thread i slapped this togther. showing the two ships face to face.
    Last edited by MechaThor; 18 June 2007, 05:49 AM. Reason: to Post banner i made 4 no reason
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
      If the Orion was crewed by ancients and was in its glory days. They will win.

I mean we should never be as gd as we are in the show. We should not even understand half the stuff we use and see. I maen how can we go from Space Shuttles to the ori beating Odyssey in under 10 years with only 1 prototype? It just don't fit! Even with the asgard help we should not be able to build the ships in the 1rst place (or atleast not that fast)
      I agree. I guess that is the problem I have with how awesome the Odyssey is supposed to be too. Not to mention the vast majority of people don't even know what a Stargate is on Earth.

We went from a space shuttle to a ship reverse engineered from a death glider to a fully functional space cruiser, to a fully functional intergalactic space cruiser that can kick the crap out of pretty much anything else in the known universe. Seems like some pretty big leeps to me even with help along the way. It seems like they can kick Deddy's out like nothing now or whenever it seems to suit the story.

Here is roughly how it goes-

The Prometheus is destroyed and I thought the Daedalus was in route to Pegasus

Not to worry we now have the Odyssey!

I thought the Odyssey was...

The Korolev is ready for its first run.

I thought it wasn't supposed to be ready till...

They rushed production.

Oh and MechaThor that is a nice picture you made
      sigpic

Comment

I think the Orion would win. If the Orion had a full armoury of drones, then it should be good fight. The Ancient shield is very powerful and better than the asgard shield. Orion would just have to release all its drones and the shield would buckel under the strain, and deplete very quickley. If the Odyssey has the asgard upgrades ( Which we are assuming that it will ) then it would but a hell of a fight.

Orion does it for me.
        Attached Files
        This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
        Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
        we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

This thread is a bit pointless. We cannot do a proper vs because we speculate when it comes to THE ORION. TPTB gave us some action here and there with ORION. Let me summarise them:

Spoiler:
          1. Orion opens a brief hyperspace window, before its shields are depleted, and ends up in ORBIT with Sheppard & co.
          2. Orion with Sheppard&Co , alongside Caldwell, wait for Andee Frizzell's hive to come. Orion has no working weapons.
          3. Orion with Lorne driver and Zelenka shotgun, follow Caldwell in Hyperspace.
          4. Orion shows for the first time in combat how its shields can support Hive abuse. Zelenka compromises, takes of the shields and KOs a hive with a salvo of drones.
          5. Orion with no shields is destroyed.

So far all assumptions on the firepower aboard ORION are based upon a poor salvo of drones. What about the turrets, and close range weapons against thousands of darts?

Examining next Odyssey, one can state that TPTB focused more on this ship than on any other alien ship:
          Spoiler:

1. Daniel is a Prior and cloaks the Odyssey with a ZPM.
          2. Landry takes the Odyssey to Orilla, where Thor installs the latest Asgard gizmos.
          3. Odyssey has two super power sources, ZPM and asgard power core, asgard super computer and shiny lasers.
          4. ORI motherships cannot repeat history. Their weapons do not pierce through the Odyssey like they did with the Korolev and with the beta version Odyssey.
          5. New Asgard intergalactic hyperdrive on Odyssey is faster than anything we know so far, except the Atlantis hyperdrive.
          6. Asgard weapons act in a drone way and pass through shields like they weren't there. ORI vessels get KO very fast to our surprise and our shields hold, even when we are outnumbered.
          7. We have asgard replicating technology, time dilation fields, and thousands of things beyond our comprehension.
          8. Adria knows that in its current state the Odyssey may pose a problem and sends numerous ORI mother ships to destroy our new vessel. Odyssey on its own suffers huge abuse but remains intact due to its new thingies. Do we even know if the ORION has time dilation fields? Was this some kind of Asgard thing?

I could go on and on about the new Odyssey. Bottom line is, we merely saw a couple seconds what ORION can do whereas, TPTB gave us several episodes + Unending to depict our new role in the Galaxy .

I would vote for the Odyssey, however its raw materials make me have second thoughts. Build a new ship with O'Neill type materials+all the asgard things and then the ORION would have a run for its money. For the moment I have huge doubts ....
          Last edited by Integrabyte; 18 June 2007, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            This thread is a bit pointless. We cannot do a proper vs because we speculate when it comes to THE ORION. TPTB gave us some action here and there with ORION. Let me summarise them:

Spoiler:
            1. Orion opens a brief hyperspace window, before its shields are depleted, and ends up in ORBIT with Sheppard & co.
            2. Orion with Sheppard&Co , alongside Caldwell, wait for Andee Frizzell's hive to come. Orion has no working weapons.
            3. Orion with Lorne driver and Zelenka shotgun, follow Caldwell in Hyperspace.
            4. Orion shows for the first time in combat how its shields can support Hive abuse. Zelenka compromises, takes of the shields and KOs a hive with a salvo of drones.
            5. Orion with no shields is destroyed.

So far all assumptions on the firepower aboard ORION are based upon a poor salvo of drones. What about the turrets, and close range weapons against thousands of darts?

Examining next Odyssey, one can state that TPTB focused more on this ship than on any other alien ship:
            Spoiler:

1. Daniel is a Prior and cloaks the Odyssey with a ZPM.
            2. Landry takes the Odyssey to Orilla, where Thor installs the latest Asgard gizmos.
            3. Odyssey has two super power sources, ZPM and asgard power core, asgard super computer and shiny lasers.
            4. ORI motherships cannot repeat history. Their weapons do not pierce through the Odyssey like they did with the Korolev and with the beta version Odyssey.
            5. New Asgard intergalactic hyperdrive on Odyssey is faster than anything we know so far, except the Atlantis hyperdrive.
            6. Asgard weapons act in a drone way and pass through shields like they weren't there. ORI vessels get KO very fast to our surprise and our shields hold, even when we are outnumbered.
            7. We have asgard replicating technology, time dilation fields, and thousands of things beyond our comprehension.
            8. Adria knows that in its current state the Odyssey may pose a problem and sends numerous ORI mother ships to destroy our new vessel. Odyssey on its own suffers huge abuse but remains intact due to its new thingies. Do we even know if the ORION has time dilation fields? Was this some kind of Asgard thing?

I could go on and on about the new Odyssey. Bottom line is, we merely saw a couple seconds what ORION can do whereas, TPTB gave us several episodes + Unending to depict our new role in the Galaxy.

I would vote for the Odyssey, however its raw materials make me have second thoughts. Build a new ship with O'Neill type materials+all the asgard things and then the ORION would have a run for its money. For the moment I have huge doubts ....
            How is the thread pointless? It makes more sense than many of the vs. threads.

Here are my arguments against Odyssey.

1. Every single Daedalus class ship production has been rushed.
            2. Humans make mistakes, but put them under pressure to rush build a cruiser they are probably going to make mistakes too.
            3. Odyssey may have been installed with cool gizmos from the Asgard, but it isn't Asgard built I'm guessing it has far more flaws than Asgard ships. Who knows if it can even handle all of the Asgard tech? It is like loading up Windows Vista on an old 486 computer.
            4. Just because the Odyssey has lots of cool tech doesn't mean we understand how to properly use it all yet.
            5. Long term use of Asgard engines may have ill effects on the space frame of the Odyssey since it isn't made the same as Asgard ships.

There are so many things that could go wrong with Odyssey

I'm not saying it isn't a cool ship, but there is an old saying, "If something seems too good to be true then it usually is."

That is the feeling I'm getting from Odyssey.
            sigpic

Comment

You missed the whole point in my post. The ORION was never seen in action like the Odyssey. How can we have a VS without that? All the ideas related to the ORION are empty words. They are assumptions based on a 5 second scene where a couple drones are fired....followed by a huge crash and a huge burn.
              Last edited by Integrabyte; 18 June 2007, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                You missed the whole point in my post. The ORION was never seen in action like the Odyssey. How can we have a VS without that? All the ideas related to the ORION are empty words. They are assumptions based on a 5 second scene where a couple drones are fired....followed by a huge crash and a huge burn.

I got that. Thank you.

With the 11th season now scrapped we probably won't see a whole lot more development of Odyssey. We may see some more Aurora's in Atlantis though and maybe then we can come back and discuss this further with better knowledge of how the battle would play out. Who knows maybe they will send Odyssey to Atlantis now that SG-1 is over. Or maybe Daedalus will get upgraded like Odyssey, or even better they make another ship that was meant to handle all of the Asgard tech.

Odyssey seems like it is it turning out to be the "Enterprise" of Stargate.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                  Not true on the beaming. Remember in "Avalon 1"? The treasure beamed in, but there was no reciever in the chamber.
                  Given that the treasure belonged to Merlin, it was more likely to have been out of phase until it was unlocked.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
                    Odyssey seems like it is it turning out to be the "Enterprise" of Stargate.
                    Lol yes epecially now that it has beaming tech and long lasers which look alot like the ones on the Enterprise.

What is the size diffrent as if worst comes to worst the Orion (which has a mean looking ffront end) Could just ram into the Odyssey and use its advance sheild to deflect the impact (like how the ori sheilds can withstand a Goa'uld mothership ramming it).

Originally posted by fellip_nectar View Post
                    Given that the treasure belonged to Merlin, it was more likely to have been out of phase until it was unlocked.
                    LOL no offence but what dose that have to do with anything ship realted?
                    Wrong thread maybe lol.
                    Saying that the out of phase idea works. However i vote for being stored in a buffer or subspace.
                    sigpic
                    Banner Made By Me for Me
                    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                      Lol yes epecially now that it has beaming tech and long lasers which look alot like the ones on the Enterprise.

What is the size diffrent as if worst comes to worst the Orion (which has a mean looking ffront end) Could just ram into the Odyssey and use its advance sheild to deflect the impact (like how the ori sheilds can withstand a Goa'uld mothership ramming it).

LOL no offence but what dose that have to do with anything ship realted?
                      Wrong thread maybe lol.
                      Saying that the out of phase idea works. However i vote for being stored in a buffer or subspace.
                      agreed on the first part,

I think fellip was responding to something somebody posted really early about the beaming tech needing receivers or something and I think his point is right although it doesn't have much to do with Orion vs. Odyssey.
                      sigpic

Comment

Odyssey would defo win because of the asguard new upgrades!!

Comment

I think that this battle is comprable to the Odyssey(Before upgrades) fighting a Pre Anubis Ha'tak.

Who ever has the best strategy wins, and knowing the Ancients, the Odyssey would win.
                          [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
                          HARRIMAN
                          I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
                          [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
                          HARRIMAN
                          So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
                            agreed on the first part,

I think fellip was responding to something somebody posted really early about the beaming tech needing receivers or something and I think his point is right although it doesn't have much to do with Orion vs. Odyssey.
                            No, you can see it flash down behind Mitchell.

Anyway, back ontopic:

The Orion has one significant advantage over the Odyssey: most of the Odyssey's most powerful componants are Asgard in design, which means they're all forms of Ancient tech. I'm sure that Ancients crewing an Aurora-class ship could figure out how to jam/shut down said tech.

Of course, that's just speculation, but I think it should still be noted. (For instance, we could jam other Earth-made tech. Modern armies do it all the time.)
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by SG-25CSAR View Post
                              I think that this battle is comprable to the Odyssey(Before upgrades) fighting a Pre Anubis Ha'tak.

Who ever has the best strategy wins, and knowing the Ancients, the Odyssey would win.
                              We haven't seen Ancient strategy yet. We DO know that they were vastly outnumbered in the war against the Wraith, and strived to defend every last human world. The fact that they were outgunned and trying to defend so many relatively "useless" planets probably affected their strategies, too.

The only blunders we've seen the Ancients make are technology ones, and that seems mostly because TPTB want to make Earth look SOOOOO great.

And Earth's strategy for space battles isn't so great, either. It seems mostly to involve sitting in once place and firing.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

The Ori tech seemed to be more ceremonial where as the Ancients tech was more tactical and practical.

I'd say the match would be close...
                                The Orion has stronger shields, drones, stronger construction, great power flexibility and possibly good secondary weapons.
                                The Odyssey maybe faster out of hyperspace, more agile, powerful beam weapons, missiles and rail guns hardly make a dent on anything bigger than an Al'kesh, shields can't take as much punishment.

I'll have to go with the Orion for its shields and advanced weaponry over the more agile Odyssey even with its Asgard upgrades.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X