Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do they get gates to other planets??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking the gates aren't all mass produced because they have different symbols on them with different PoO. So that kind of makes me think they are built on site. I originally thought they would be transported with transport ships but I doubt that is right thinking about it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
      I'm thinking the gates aren't all mass produced because they have different symbols on them with different PoO. So that kind of makes me think they are built on site. I originally thought they would be transported with transport ships but I doubt that is right thinking about it.
      The gates all have the same symbols, only the PoO's are different.
      "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

Originally posted by dss202529 View Post
        ...the one thing everyone forgets is the Ancients technology i.e Nanotech and other stuff when they talk about their construction methods, whose to say they just didn't program nanites to make these things when they needed them. You'd have no need for huge factory complexes/ships, just dump some nanites somewhere with some raw materials and some energy and let them make it, then come back and pick up the finished stuff.

They also have those mind control/virtual construction interface things the Ancients and the Ori use to make things, a lot of people tend to talk about mass production and the Ancients but when you have the technology it doesn't really matter about building huge factories, all you need is mass or energy and they can let their technology do the rest.
        They may have had nanatech and a machine that can make single objects via the power of your mind (still takes time however. Not as fast as the asgard version). But when the gates where built did the ancients have Nanotech????? As surly the gates are OLD tech 4 the ancients.

Also other races can also makes gates such as the Tollan, possibly Nox and asgard and maybe the Goa'uld as they must have made some since they terraformed most of the worlds in the MW 4 human life and have them on some of their ships. That or the Goa'uld just found an unused gate storage house. Alllowing them to have more gates than habitable planets. ?
        sigpic
        Banner Made By Me for Me
        The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith View Post
          The gates all have the same symbols, only the PoO's are different.

ARe you positive? The constellations in the Pegasus Galaxy would all be different so they have to be different in Pegasus and other Galaxies. They are I just checked the gate symbols on Atlantis' gate to the gate in the SGC. The symbols on the Atlantis gate has vastly more stars in each constellation as well.

Go here and check the comparison of the symbols it has all of them in a nice table. So that is incorrect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_(device)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
            ARe you positive? The constellations in the Pegasus Galaxy would all be different so they have to be different in Pegasus and other Galaxies. They are I just checked the gate symbols on Atlantis' gate to the gate in the SGC. The symbols on the Atlantis gate has vastly more stars in each constellation as well.

Go here and check the comparison of the symbols it has all of them in a nice table. So that is incorrect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_(device)
            I think he was talking about within galaxy gates.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

It doesnt matter what kind of ship they used its completly obvious they used ships to get them to the planets, extremely foolish question if you ask me.

Comment

definitely ships. if they built them on site why are there so many Pegasus gates in orbit? there is no reason to build one there. so they must have brought them by ship. left them in orbit while the planet was scoped out to make sure they don't accidentally give some incredibly hostile alien species access to the stargates. (again)
                Join My forum (please??)

Comment

Originally posted by lightstorm View Post
                  definitely ships. if they built them on site why are there so many Pegasus gates in orbit? there is no reason to build one there. so they must have brought them by ship. left them in orbit while the planet was scoped out to make sure they don't accidentally give some incredibly hostile alien species access to the stargates. (again)
                  I kinda figured the Wraith put those gates in orbit, captive breeding so to speak.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

the things holding them there don't look Wraith, they look Ancient
                    Join My forum (please??)

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                      I think he was talking about within galaxy gates.
                      He may have been but he didn't say in MW Galaxy. When you say gates I'm assuming your talking about all of them. I was talking about all of the gates.
                      They are probably transported by ships I agree with that but I don't think they are mass produced, because again they have different PoO.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X