Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creation of a 'Wargames' section of the forum: Yea or Nay?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
    Why over there and not here? Brown vs Board of Education (Very important America Sourt Case that helped to desegrate the south once and for all) seperate but equal is not right so why must you seperate us?
    Yes, Yes I did. Because where I live people are treated equal even if they are idots. Things where I copme from are tolerated here even if people do not like them either people help or ignore (so choose your vice)
    Please explain to me how creating a sub-forum to put vs threads in is even comparable to segregation. Really, go on and explain how your being asked to click a separate internet link to get to the threads you like is even remotely comparable to turning an entire group of people into second class citizens, and denying them not only a decent education but the ability to better themselves. Your little tiff over where to put certain threads has no comparison to a group of people trying to free themselves from restrictive and immoral laws. To even suggest such a thing is not only dangerously stupid but incredibly insulting to the entire Civil Rights movement. Or would you compare the mods moving your thread to the Trail of Tears, or deleting a post to the Holocaust?

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
    Regardless, trying to compare this to human beings being discriminated against, turned into slaves, tortured, and killed, is one of the most arrogant things I've ever read.
    Amen to that!
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Definitely move them to their own section.

I come to the Science & Tech thread to read threads about Stargate technology. The constant ? vs ? threads just make it harder to find the threads that I think are worth reading.

I vote definite 100% yes.

Comment

Maybe thats part of the problem. I don't treat idiots as well as I treat geniuses. Regardless, trying to compare this to human beings being discriminated against, turned into slaves, tortured, and killed, is one of the most arrogant things I've ever read. Its a very simple idea, create a different section to better fit the subject of these threads. Agree or Disagree, you don't need to play the fricken race card.
        Well Brown vs Board of Education didn't stop murder, stop slavery, or tortue but it did stop discriminatation and in the slighty altered words of Martin Luther King Junior

"I have a dream that my little threads will one day be posted in a forum where they will not be judged by bein a vs thread but by the content of their character" (Yes it is highly altered and I am not trying to belittle Martin Luther King Junior at all so do not get offened by that please)

Also its not really a race card I'm playing but more of a freedom of speech card I think

Orginally Posted by jds1982
        Please explain to me how creating a sub-forum to put vs threads in is even comparable to segregation. Really, go on and explain how your being asked to click a separate internet link to get to the threads you like is even remotely comparable to turning an entire group of people into second class citizens, and denying them not only a decent education but the ability to better themselves. Your little tiff over where to put certain threads has no comparison to a group of people trying to free themselves from restrictive and immoral laws. To even suggest such a thing is not only dangerously stupid but incredibly insulting to the entire Civil Rights movement. Or would you compare the mods moving your thread to the Trail of Tears, or deleting a post to the Holocaust
        I'm just saying that vs threads are scientific so they should be in the science and technology forum just like African American Children should be in the same class room as White Children. Is there really a difference with either of those. What makes firing weapons while cloaked and Odyssey vs Orion? I will admit there a few stupid ones that have no point being in here but just ignore those ones or let other people who want to debate it debate that is all I am saying. I am not trying to belittle the civil rights in fact I love the civil rights and always am inspired by the I have a dream Speech by Martin Luther King Junior. When I heard that in my public speaking class we saw his speach I knew why do many people followed him.
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Also its not really a race card I'm playing but more of a freedom of speech card I think

In that case:
          You are browsing on a private forum, freedom of speech does not exist here. You are allowed to say only the moderators and owners allow you to say, and the same goes for every poster on this board. Obviously the moderators don't mind you arguing your point in a thread designed for it, but again, comparing it to racism is just arrogant and downright silly.
          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

In that case:
            You are browsing on a private forum, freedom of speech does not exist here. You are allowed to say only the moderators and owners allow you to say, and the same goes for every poster on this board. Obviously the moderators don't mind you arguing your point in a thread designed for it, but again, comparing it to racism is just arrogant and downright silly.
            Well it is idea racism (Whats the word for being against someones ideas because they think they are superior to theres) I mean comparing the strength of shields is ok but not comparing the Orion vs Oddy? Its the same thing but just with more depth thats what I am saying

I'm not trying to say they are equal but I am comparing them. So you guys who got overly offended because I used Parallels is silly and I can say pretty much what I want on this forum as long as its not a swear word (which I am ok with)
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I say yes.

Alright fugiman, think about this: technically, threads about characters and relationships are part of General Stargate since they are usually about more than one season of a show. However, there were so many of them, they eventually got their own forum.

Here's another one: the episodes that make up a season can obviously be talked about within that season's folder. However, they are a much more a exclusive part of that season, so they too get their own forum/subforum.

This applies to these VS. threads. they are not random Science and Tech threads; all of them are similar in that they pit one ship/thing against another. This type of exclusivity makes them prime targets for the making of a subforum about them.

What's more, these threads sometimes loose their appeal for a while and drift off of the 1st page, after which it's difficult for them to be brought back out again. However, if you put them in their own subforum, that won't happen since there won't be as many other threads to push them off of the first page, ensuring that they would be more active.

It's a win/win, for all of us.

Comment

Well it is idea racism (Whats the word for being against someones ideas because they think they are superior to theres) I mean comparing the strength of shields is ok but not comparing the Orion vs Oddy? Its the same thing but just with more depth thats what I am saying

I'm not trying to say they are equal but I am comparing them. So you guys who got overly offended because I used Parallels is silly and I can say pretty much what I want on this forum as long as its not a swear word (which I am ok with)
                Racism is being biased against a person or group of people based soley on their race. So technically what occurred in the 1800's and earlier was ethnicism, not racism. Regardless, we're not saying that only certain vs. threads should be moved. We're suggesting that all threads which discuss a fantasy of ANY entity being pitted against another be put in a specific forum. Ha i totally went all out in that sentence yea dont act like your not impressed
                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Racism is being biased against a person or group of people based soley on their race. So technically what occurred in the 1800's and earlier was ethnicism, not racism. Regardless, we're not saying that only certain vs. threads should be moved. We're suggesting that all threads which discuss a fantasy of ANY entity being pitted against another be put in a specific forum. Ha i totally went all out in that sentence yea dont act like your not impressed
                  I am a little impressed I will not lie about that But lets jsut ask the mods what they want to do about it because all we are doing is bickering about move it or don't move it. I mean I have been called silly because I make parallels so lets just ask them if they want to make it or if they just want to leave it how it is. Anyone else for that?
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic

Comment

No one's firehosing you, or setting dogs on you, or making you drink from a different fountain. No cops are beating you or making you sit in the back of the bus. There's no corrolation. Christ, I hate it when people use epic events in history to compare to their whine-bag festival of emo.

Next you're going to relate my posts to 9/11 and claim I'm a forum terrorist? HRM?

Comment

We'll discuss it.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                        No one's firehosing you, or setting dogs on you, or making you drink from a different fountain. No cops are beating you or making you sit in the back of the bus. There's no corrolation. Christ, I hate it when people use epic events in history to compare to their whine-bag festival of emo.

Next you're going to relate my posts to 9/11 and claim I'm a forum terrorist? HRM?
                        I wan't saying that I was saying that you wanted us moved like when the south wanted only white facitlyes and black ones thats my point not that you are beaint us or making sit in the back of the bus. I hate when people over react over nothing, I am not belitting the civil rights or making fun of it, just making a point but of course you guys get overly defensive because I don't know why actually I really don't I mean this thread has turned into a make Fugiman say civil rights are bad instead of vs threads and where they go So get off of your high horse and lets get back to the issuse at hand and not mock me and I'm not going to call you a terriost because you didn't I mean jeez la weez I just made a parallel a way to show my point of view so there you go (I can't wait to see what you guys repost to this) but like I said lets just have the mods end this and let them figure this out and not us
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                          We'll discuss it.
                          Thank You
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic

Comment

Ps :
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I think there should be a forum for it. They don't really belong in the Science &Technology in many cases and there are a lot of them.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Fugiman people are PO'ed at your comparing something that's honestly not that important, to a huge epic struggle for freedom. No one said you think Civil Rights are bad, but it seems like you tried to turn something that was not a Civil Rights issue into something that was, and whether you think that demeans the Civil Rights movement or not, it still remains a poor parallel, and people are rightly mystified at how someone could think they're similar. Yes both cases involve separation, but one was designed to separate people so that one group could continue to dominate the other, and one is purely for organizational purposes. A better parallel would be the Dewey Decimal System or an alphabetical filing cabinet.
                                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                                X