Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yes, because that ship full of Lanteans they discovered in Season 3 weren't able to project a hologram while travelling AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT or anything, were they.
    Sorry missed that one. I haven't seen the whole third season yet my cable got cut off.

In the first and second seasons all you see is that hologram in the control area of Atlantis. Even in the flashback scenes the Lanteans are communicating with their ships being attacked by Wraith via radio not visually. The only visual thing is them watching little dots indicating their ships disappear. The pjs don't seem to have that type of visual communication unless they added that in the third season too.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      Well i wont go in to my full theory but i have believed for along time that the four races of the allience are all different sects and branch cultures of the ancients which came to the MW 50my ago. With exception of the Asgard who evolved later i think the Nox, Ancients, Furlings and Lantians were all sectos of the Alterans after they split from the Ori.
      Nope, not buying that one... it's been made quite clear that they're separate races which evolved separately. It's probably more likely that the Nox/Furlings were either the original inhabitants of our galaxy, or were from a separate Galaxy that the Alterrans encountered on their travels.

It's also possible that the Furlings were the designers of the alien ship encountered in s05e01, the ship that attacked Apophis' flagship. The architecture of that ship also fits in with the architecture in s04e20, the unknown alien world possibly based on artificial intelligence. It's quite possible that the Furlings were a race of machines, etc.

Edit: Here's a worrying thought... perhaps the replicators/Asurans were developed based on knowledge garnered by the Ancients after their dealings with the Furlings. If that's the case, it's quite possible that - if the Furlings were indeed still resident in the Milky Way - the weapon on Dakara wiped them out. Would be very interesting to re-dial the planet from s04e20 and find out whether or not it was covered in very VERY small pieces of dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
        . Seems odd. Their handheld scanners can't even identify whether something is human or not. There are just a lot of holes in the explanation of their technology. .
        Maye they can, but we don't know how to properly use them... just like we didn't know of that pedistal just in front of the gate...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Maye they can, but we don't know how to properly use them... just like we didn't know of that pedistal just in front of the gate...
          The scanners are controlled by the mind. If Shep or another person with the ATA gene wanted to know what type of being it was, the scanner would show it if it were capable. I agree with whoever said it's just to separate the show from Star Trek with the tricorder that can scan EVERYTHING.
          Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
          Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
            Nope, not buying that one... it's been made quite clear that they're separate races which evolved separately. It's probably more likely that the Nox/Furlings were either the original inhabitants of our galaxy, or were from a separate Galaxy that the Alterrans encountered on their travels.

It's also possible that the Furlings were the designers of the alien ship encountered in s05e01, the ship that attacked Apophis' flagship. The architecture of that ship also fits in with the architecture in s04e20, the unknown alien world possibly based on artificial intelligence. It's quite possible that the Furlings were a race of machines, etc.

Edit: Here's a worrying thought... perhaps the replicators/Asurans were developed based on knowledge garnered by the Ancients after their dealings with the Furlings. If that's the case, it's quite possible that - if the Furlings were indeed still resident in the Milky Way - the weapon on Dakara wiped them out. Would be very interesting to re-dial the planet from s04e20 and find out whether or not it was covered in very VERY small pieces of dust.
            Theyve never said they were seperate races and one of the massive enigmas of stargate is what the connections were between the races of the allience. I understand you not buying it, but its not an invalid theory. The nox are the most likely race to be the pacifist sect of the ancients, they are very advanced along the evolutionary path(can raise the dead like adria etc) and its doubtful a human form could have evolved seperate from the ancients and become exactly like them millions of years down the line if they were not at one point the same race or species. also why did the Lantians and the ancient ones and the alterans all have different names...why change from Ancient ones to Lantians, if they were not either a seperate race or branching off from something else. They are still no ani anquietas, and also if the repositories were built after they returned wouldnt they have been we are whatever the lantian is in ancient, not we are the ancients which is what they were called before they went to pegasus?
            Unless there was a split in the civilization due to the plague that we arent aware of which made some ancients go to pegasus and resettle, assuming the galaxy was dead, leaving behind those who build dakara, the repositories and then ascended.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

The scanners are controlled by the mind. If Shep or another person with the ATA gene wanted to know what type of being it was, the scanner would show it if it were capable. I agree with whoever said it's just to separate the show from Star Trek with the tricorder that can scan EVERYTHING.
              That was me, thanks for agreeing

Anyhow they stated it several times on the show as a fact that it couldn't distinguish between Wraith and Human.

I also agree that I don't believe there is any connection between the Nox and Furling and the Ancients other than their alliance. In fact they are called four different races and the ones we've seen, Nox, Asgard, Ancients are quite different from one another the only thing they have in common are that they are advanced and are good guys on the show.

Where is the evidence that the Furlings were machines?
              sigpic

Comment

There is none, only that machine-based life has been a large part of the mythos of the show; stands to reason that it's at least a POSSIBILITY that the Furlings may have been an artificial civilisation, especially after comparing the architecture of a known civilisation most likely populated by AI and the ship that attacked Apophis; a piece of alien technology possibly more powerful than anything else we've seen considering how easily they dispatched Apophis.

Comment

If you want to talk about inconsistencies, how about the fact that the Ancient language from season 2 of Stargate doesn't match up with any of the Ancient language from recent seasons. But that is explainable as languages change over time, English has changed a lot in the past 400 or so years, there are several letters that are no longer used so it stands to reason that the Ancients' language would change as well.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                    If you want to talk about inconsistencies, how about the fact that the Ancient language from season 2 of Stargate doesn't match up with any of the Ancient language from recent seasons. But that is explainable as languages change over time, English has changed a lot in the past 400 or so years, there are several letters that are no longer used so it stands to reason that the Ancients' language would change as well.

Vala,
                    Yeah I noticed that too. Thanks for reminding me.

In SG-1 the ancients spoke a language similar to Latin and the way their language has been presented visually has changed at least a couple of times.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
                      There is none, only that machine-based life has been a large part of the mythos of the show; stands to reason that it's at least a POSSIBILITY that the Furlings may have been an artificial civilisation, especially after comparing the architecture of a known civilisation most likely populated by AI and the ship that attacked Apophis; a piece of alien technology possibly more powerful than anything else we've seen considering how easily they dispatched Apophis.
                      if the Furlings were machines the Goauld could not have used that hallucinogenic plant on them in Paradise Lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
                        Yeah I noticed that too. Thanks for reminding me.

In SG-1 the ancients spoke a language similar to Latin and the way their language has been presented visually has changed at least a couple of times.
                        I'm glad someone else noticed that too.

Vala,

Comment

Erm the ship that attacked apophis was repicator controlled...just after the flagship was taken over by them and he died...I think it was a kind of old Asgard or another race in Ida, might have been furling but i doubt it. If i had to pick one furling ship contender it would bethe grace ship. Its one of the most powerful ships we have come accross, id put it on Par with Aurora, Oniel's and Ori toilet classes. It would put up one hell of a fight against any of them.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                          X