Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biological weapons sent through the Stargate, as shown (and tried on Earth) in "2001", maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Leandros View Post
      Biological weapons sent through the Stargate, as shown (and tried on Earth) in "2001", maybe?
      Yea, but the Goa'uld have hundreds(if not thousands as estimated by some) of Ha'taks roaming the Galaxy, along with thousands of other smaller ships. There's no way that they'd be able to wipe out the Goa'uld entirely just by hitting a couple stargates with those bio weapons. And even if they destroyed most of the Goa'uld population, there still only dangerous because of how much more technologically advanced they are. If they still had ships to send to Earth they would still be a threat.
      www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

It's possible that:
        a) The Aschen DO possess advanced propulsion but choose not to use it (doubt it)
        b) The Ha'taks from Goa'Uld on struck planets were hijacked (eh, doubt it less than a)
        c) Plot hole! (probably).

Comment

hahaha yes the infamous plot hole. Damn thing has sucked up so many loose ends and storylines Idk where it keeps it all.
          www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Or perhaps the bio weapon used was a disease that spread across the galaxy, killing off Goa'ulds?

Comment

Yea but how would it spread a disease throughout the entire galaxy? Thats no easy feat right?
              www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                Yea but how would it spread a disease throughout the entire galaxy? Thats no easy feat right?
                well my guess is that the bioweapon wouldnt kill them off immediately. So that it could spread. Or the ships would go back to their bases and check to see why they were no longer communicating with anyone and when they land they get infected and die as well

Comment

No, that wouldn't work. It needs to be a long-term disease that doesn't kill the carriers right away, so the Jaffa and human slaves can cruise around the galaxy a few times before it's "activated".
                  Last edited by PG15; 05 June 2007, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Regardless, it would seem highly unlikely. And from the ideas we got in those episodes, it was supposed indicate that the Aschen were highly advanced.
                    www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Why would it be unlikely? The Aschen were pretty good when it comes to biotechnology. All they need to do is expose the toxin to a few planets and let the disease do its work.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        Why would it be unlikely? The Aschen were pretty good when it comes to biotechnology. All they need to do is expose the toxin to a few planets and let the disease do its work.
                        Its unlikely because the Goa'uld were in control of hundreds upon hundreds of worlds and they were spread apart by thousands of light years. Also the system lords themselves don't seem to have very much interaction with each other beyond the occasional meeting, all their communication is done via electronics. The troops certainly don't meet each other except on the field of battle, and would shooting at each other really be enough to spread it to the point where the Goa'uld were completely crippled? This is all speculation so I can't be sure but I would doubt it.
                        www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Make it an airborne virs and problem solved.

The funny thing is, the summit in "The Summit" could've been taken advantage of in this way by the Aschen, since it happened only a few months/a year after 2010.

Comment

Yea i suppose its possible. I'm hardly an expert on bio warfare so I can't really talk to much on the subject. But from the episodes I still get the indications that the Aschen were more advanced than the Goa'uld.
                            www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Working...
                            X