This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
    But the ship is just shaped like Thor's hammer, and is as destructive as the legendary weapon...
    I know that there was that device called Thor's hammer placed on Cimmeria, but it's even hard to believe that this would be the only hammer to exist, since it's likely that all plants under Asgard protection would have one near their stargate.

Just like the newer spear-like O'neill could be a Gungnir-class ship.

This is, there's no proof the Asgards use the same naval ship classification method as we do.

And simply put, O'neill-class sucks big times.
    I see your point about the shape, but it is called Beliskner class in canon, so there's really no debating it. I mean Thor does live in and ride around in that ship, he doesn't hit people with it, so I believe Beliskner is the more proper name. I guess you could call the weapons on it Mjolnir class weapons or something without contradicting the show.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

O'Neil Class Rules. Just look at my SIG

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
        O'Neil Class Rules. Just look at my SIG
        *holds up a pitchfork and a torch* grrr leave O'Neill class fan!

Jokes aside, I like the O'Neill, but I think Beliskner is better. Too bad O'Neill class had better technology. DARN YOU REPLICATORS, we could have had Beliskner throughout whole show. Imagine the Beliskner in the Battle of P3Y-229.

Comment

I personally always thought the O'neill class looked kind of crap, especially when compared to the Beliskner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
            I personally always thought the O'neill class looked kind of crap, especially when compared to the Beliskner.

Comment

hmm the Beliskner wasn't beaten by a single Anubis Hatak, there were actually three Hataks there.

I think it was the best looking ship of all times, both on the inside and out.
              they should recreate it from the asgard specs and put in on museum

Comment

The Asgard should've upgraded the Beliskner class ships with O'Neill class technology to extend their usefullness.
                Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I can't remember when those ships were called Beliskner-class ships.
                  They never were referred to as such, but Thor's ship was named that in Nemesis back in season 3.

FYI: the correct spelling is Bilskirnir.

Shouldn't they be called Mjolnir-class?
                  Nah, that was Thor's hammer, which was what they called that gate/barrier thingy in Thor's Hammer back in season 1.
                  Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                    They never were referred to as such, but Thor's ship was named that in Nemesis back in season 3.

FYI: the correct spelling is Bilskirnir.

Nah, that was Thor's hammer, which was what they called that gate/barrier thingy in Thor's Hammer back in season 1.
                    They didn't spell all the Norse things in Stargate directly after the real Norse counterparts. The show spelled it Beliskner. But you are correct it is named after Bilskirnir.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                      They didn't spell all the Norse things in Stargate directly after the real Norse counterparts.
                      Really? What hasn't been spelled correctly besides the ship?

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                      The show spelled it Beliskner. But you are correct it is named after Bilskirnir.
                      More than likely the fool doing the subtitles spelled it Beliskner, but only because those folks spell words phonetically instead of looking up the correct spelling. The same thing happened in the Stargate motion picture; The galaxy where Abydos was located was spelled incorrectly (but phonetically correct).
                      Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                        Really? What hasn't been spelled correctly besides the ship?
                        The character Freyr isn't named exactly the way as the Norse god. There are a couple more things, I think. That could also be subtitles, but what else do we have to go by?

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                          hmm the Beliskner wasn't beaten by a single Anubis Hatak, there were actually three Hataks there.

I think it was the best looking ship of all times, both on the inside and out.
                          they should recreate it from the asgard specs and put in on museum
                          There were 3 Ha'taks later in the episode, but wasn't there only one in the very beginning?
                          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                            There were 3 Ha'taks later in the episode, but wasn't there only one in the very beginning?
                            There were two mother ships to start, then Anubis came in the third one, then two left to fight lord Yu, then three O'Niells came to confront the last mother ship and the last one left. Its all from "Revelations", I would know, its my all time favorite episode.

Comment

either spelling, its like the cooest ship ever
                              Originally posted by cowpants
                              ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                              Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                              Rosilin for pres

Comment

Honestly if the asgard had bothered to upgrade the Bilskirnir it might've been very readily able to compete with the O'neil class. Perhaps there was some other factor that prevented it's continued use? Fuel shortage perhaps?
                                "It's because you just cant spell manslaughter without the laughter..."

"If you move around the letters in "Ori Infantry" it spells Meatsheild."

Comment

Working...
                                X