Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you use Wraith Beaming Technology on?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Mister Oragahn;6718494]Enemy unshielded fighters, incoming missiles, lantian drones and any particle beam.

I would like to see that in the Stargate world when they get unpleasant things heading there way. This would also be handy if they could chucks of a ships hyper drive or shield generators.lol
    sigpic
    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Like Mr. Oragahn said, theoretically there's nothing stopping the wraith from using their culling beam tech to vanish drones, missiles fighters and even possibly whole enemy ships with shields, other than the usual lack of imagination.

They could also use it to suddenly deploy say, thousands of mines that were stored in the buffer, or an entire planetary invasion force complete with vehicles and everything onto a planet from orbit.

You could even vacuume off a planetary atmosphere maybe, depending on how much the buffer can hold. Even if it's limited though just suck it in one side and eject it out into space on the other.

Large scale culling beams would be quite a nice toy indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
        I think it would be a great tool for snaging illigal mexicans unlawfully sneaking across the boarder. After all, Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" Is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".
        I agree on use it to keep the borders up...

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
          Like Mr. Oragahn said, theoretically there's nothing stopping the wraith from using their culling beam tech to vanish drones, missiles fighters and even possibly whole enemy ships with shields, other than the usual lack of imagination.

They could also use it to suddenly deploy say, thousands of mines that were stored in the buffer, or an entire planetary invasion force complete with vehicles and everything onto a planet from orbit.

You could even vacuume off a planetary atmosphere maybe, depending on how much the buffer can hold. Even if it's limited though just suck it in one side and eject it out into space on the other.

Large scale culling beams would be quite a nice toy indeed.
          The destructive effects would probably be akin to the asgard "go somewhere" beam, only that the wraith variant even seems faster!

From the moment wraith beams can be used to store people unharmed for long periods of time, storing weapons, ressources, vehicles, etc is going to be a piece of cake, really.

Just imagine what a 11 km long hiveship could do with such a thing!

"I'm about to store your whole miserable nation, city and lands included, in the bowels of my mothership."
          Random Wraith Queen.
          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I would beam my house somewhere with a better market to make profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
              The destructive effects would probably be akin to the asgard "go somewhere" beam, only that the wraith variant even seems faster!

From the moment wraith beams can be used to store people unharmed for long periods of time, storing weapons, ressources, vehicles, etc is going to be a piece of cake, really.

Just imagine what a 11 km long hiveship could do with such a thing!

"I'm about to store your whole miserable nation, city and lands included, in the bowels of my mothership."
              Random Wraith Queen.
              That could be a potentially hilarious moment in the series.

UN: So you see it was the Americans, it's their program, their people commanding everything, their spaceship, their nukes, their retrovirus... It's all them, they're the ones you want.

Hivequeen: I see... *fwissshshshshswaaaaaannnnggg*

Canada: Cool, longest unbroken beach in the world!

Comment

Imagine an airline (like a Boeing 747) that could just fly past the airport and grab anyone standing in the right spot and beaming them into their seat. Then beaming them where they wanted to go. Beam fuel into the tanks so they don't have to land as often

Yeah i know, it'd be easier to store them in the buffer, plus the Asgard Beaming Tech would be more useful in transport of people and good but, alas.

Comment

Why not just use ring transporters on the planet, kind of like those devices we saw in 2010..

Comment

Hello!

I think this wraith beaming technology would help the Deadalus to supply a lot more things that the Deadalus can normally carry. Maybe a single flight of the Deadalus to Pegasus Galaxy can carry an entire Armored Division using this beaming technology.

Comment

I can't recall, but has anyone in the series actually use the wraith culling beam to beam things OTHER than life-forms? I had the impression that it could only beam living things such as humans. However, how come their clothes are beamed along with them?

But then on the other hand, how come rocks, grass, ground, other stuff around people who gets beamed up do not beam with them?

If they could indeed beam anything, I would use it to beam cars parked illegally out of the way, and automated beamers that could beam cars about to collide out of the way or something. It could get lots of people out of trouble quickly!
                      sine sine cosine sine,
                      three point one four one five nine!
                      Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
                      [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
                      This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Nuke View Post
                        Hello!

I think this wraith beaming technology would help the Deadalus to supply a lot more things that the Deadalus can normally carry. Maybe a single flight of the Deadalus to Pegasus Galaxy can carry an entire Armored Division using this beaming technology.

I had something like this in mind a while back.

I think I dubbed it the “Hollywood Magazine” essentially a Wraith culling beam that stores an inexcusable supply of munitions…you know how guns in Hollywood never have to be reloaded.

You could missile-spam-rinse-&-repeat mopping up Hive ship after Hive ship.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:
                        Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                        *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                        DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                        DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

The Wraith have given us all of their technology (at least only in one hive) as their good will for helping them by using our retrovirus. All we do need is funding to replicate it and to build power source for it.

Next, it is colinization..

Question, If the Dart can cull stuffs like Clothes and Guns Can we cull other ship?

Comment

I think i would use it for cleaning up stuff that i don't need.
                            Just think when u go camping you could use it for stuff that you'd take with you and your whole camper or your trailer. What would be very cool if it was the size of a cell phone and could hold incredible amounts of things.
                            I also think that if it was that size it would be good for when someone moves, like someone said or they said something like that. One thing it could be used for is getting rid of bugs in your house then you could safely return them outside. Also when or if u go to school youcan put all of your things in that. just think no more dressers, big moving trucks, closets, maybe in a store no more carts, but then you have the possibility of someone steeling. It could almost be used for anything from transportation of items to storing items for a certain amount of time. I'd really love the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
                              hmmmm.... good question... but yeah, to clean up, or to take peoples clothes in the middle of the street, purely for the comedic value of cource.
                              No way, if it's in the middle of the street they will be so freaked out they get hit by a car.
                              Instead, do it at the pool. The comedic value there would be better. Some people might not even notice!

It would be great if such tech could be packaged into a camera phone (but not the iphone)
                              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                              Caboose: They could be worse?
                              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Nuke View Post
                                The Wraith have given us all of their technology (at least only in one hive) as their good will for helping them by using our retrovirus. All we do need is funding to replicate it and to build power source for it.
                                Too bad their computer virus erased all the data they sent down to us.

Best Stargate quote:
                                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                                Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X