No announcement yet.

Transparent displays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno, but there were some curved ones in at least one episode.

I still think it's easier to either project it as stated or just bluescreen it, simple copy n paste.

Comment

Bumpity bump.

This used to drive me insane as I couldn't for the life of me figure out how they did it, until I just went back and watched Rising...

If you look under the control console, you can see the projector on the wall behind the transparency

Comment

lol

Comment

I feel enlightened.

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
            Bumpity bump.

This used to drive me insane as I couldn't for the life of me figure out how they did it, until I just went back and watched Rising...

Spoiler:

If you look under the control console, you can see the projector on the wall behind the transparency
            I think TPTB screwed up there.. big time :\

The least they could of done was had somebody stand o block view of the projector. Seriously, that is a big mess up!

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
              I think TPTB screwed up there.. big time :\

The least they could of done was had somebody stand o block view of the projector. Seriously, that is a big mess up!
              Not really, the plot screw-ups are worse, this is just another inocent mistake.

Comment

its not a big screwup, seeing as we only noticed now....

Comment

Hmm... well it's possible that it was actually done INTENTIONALLY, considering how it's a pretty valid form of display technology.

I mean, when they want to show holograms they've proven that they can, like the Puddle Jumper's HUD for example. It's just as feasible that the Lanteans themselves used rear-projection screens in the control room.

Comment

why not. its cheap an easy, besides the box projecting looks a bit lanteanish.

they can just cover the projectors up as something lantean.

noone notices such tiny details

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      noone notices such tiny details
                      Somebody did.

Comment

The real question is, who's going to be the first to build themselves a replica?

Comment

Working...
                        X