Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that Firefox addon isnt compatible with FF 2.0.

Otherwise nice link very interesting.

Comment

It takes four days for a zpm powered Daedalus to get to Atlantis (Pegasus Galaxy) from earth (Milky Way Galaxy).
      It takes less than a day for an asgard ship with the same hyperdrive to get from Orilla to Earth.

A BC-304 with a zpm powering its hyperdrive to 100% is equivilant to a Beliskner class with its hyperdrive engine powered to 100% by Ion-Generators

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
        A BC-304 with a zpm powering its hyperdrive to 100% is equivilant to a Beliskner class with its hyperdrive engine powered to 100% by Ion-Generators
        Pure speculation, we have no proof that this is true and we know different hyperdrives have different efficiency, if you doubt this then consider the following:

O'niell modifed a Goa'uld cargo ship to go faster without adding more power to the drive, he merely increased its efficiency.

The Aurora were modifying their drives to go faster, again not their power source but their drives.

The Asgaard drives on the 304 class ships are almost certainly not as good or efficient as the Asgaard Mothership drives used on the Beliskner, O'niell and Daniel Jackson class ships therefore you cannot compare the speeds between the two in calculating interstellar distances.

Offtopic: The Asgaard vessels dont have Ion generators they use Neutrino generators. There has never been mentioned Ion generators in the series at any time. The Space race people used Ion Drives and the Tollan had Ion Cannons but no generators.

Comment

The Asgard actually have Neutrino Ion Generators mentioned in the first Replicator episode.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

If the debate is about which galaxy is closer, thats easily solved. Oniel was able to dial into the Ida galaxy when he had anctient knowledge downloaded into his head, but it took a ZPM to dial Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by hypochondriac View Post
              If the debate is about which galaxy is closer, thats easily solved. Oniel was able to dial into the Ida galaxy when he had anctient knowledge downloaded into his head, but it took a ZPM to dial Atlantis
              He still had to fashion a device giving the powergrid a boost to do that though so it dosnt tell us much about distances though I will agree with you Ida is probably around the same distance or closer then Pegasus.

The dialing to Pegasus only need a ZPM because it requires more then the SGC local generators can produce, dialing to and from the Pegasus galaxy has been shown to be no problem on a ZPM, the only reason the first one got depleted it because it was almost depleted already. I am pointing this out because that mean the power requirements are equally uncertain for both, there is no way to know precisly how much power the power booster added and there is no way to know precisly how power is drained from the ZPM when used.
              This means we cant base the distance on that assumption either.

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
              The Asgard actually have Neutrino Ion Generators mentioned in the first Replicator episode.
              Checked and you are right but the rest is still fact. We have no indication that the Asgaard started out by giving us the best Hyperdrive design they had.
              Last edited by NATIK; 08 May 2007, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hypochondriac View Post
                ANDDD if you rewatch that episode, you'll notice O'neill has to go through hell creating a power source out of a staff weapons liquid naquada to add a LOT of extra power to the gate in order to dial the Ida galaxy. In fact that was a major theme of that episode, and they even revisited it in Point of View in season 3.
                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I am sure Ida is just the Asgard name for their galaxy while we have givern it something else. Just like we call ares the MILKY wAY i am sure the asgard call it something else.
                  Ida is most liky one of the real galaxies in are cluster.
                  sigpic
                  Banner Made By Me for Me
                  The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                    Which is what I was talking about. I mean that in the sense that that the old Beliskner class hyperdrive is equivilant to that in the BC-304's. As the ZPM can power the Hyperdrive to 100% in the BC-304's, and the Neutrino Ion Generators can power the Beliskner Hyperdrive to 100%, thereticly they should be aproximately the same speed.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                      Which is what I was talking about. I mean that in the sense that that the old Beliskner class hyperdrive is equivilant to that in the BC-304's. As the ZPM can power the Hyperdrive to 100% in the BC-304's, and the Neutrino Ion Generators can power the Beliskner Hyperdrive to 100%, thereticly they should be aproximately the same speed.
                      No, simply no. Just because they are presumably both running at 100% of their own effictive capacity they do not have to be equal, the Asgaard Beliskner drive could still be many times faster due to efficiency, as I said earlier this is not something to be disputed, it has been shown to be fact on the show that the powersource is NOT the determining factor in the speed of a hyperdrive it is merely needed to reach that speed.

There is still no basis for comparing the drives like that.

Comment

All we know is that there have been multiple times where the Asgard just show up out of nowhere seemingly very quickly. They talk about how they monitor all hyperspace activity within the vicinity of Earth, and blah blah. And they can go to and from whereever they normally are at ridiculously fast rates of speed.
                        www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                          All we know is that there have been multiple times where the Asgard just show up out of nowhere seemingly very quickly. They talk about how they monitor all hyperspace activity within the vicinity of Earth, and blah blah. And they can go to and from whereever they normally are at ridiculously fast rates of speed.
                          Maybe the Asgard have a nice supergate their not telling us about.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Knowing that the Tollans can make a stargate.....can the Asgard?
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:
                            President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                            President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                            Forum Charmer
                            Forum Ambassador
                            Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

The tollans made a stargate presumably with the help of the Nox, but its possible that they did it on their own. They were a very advanced race.

I have no doubt whatsoever that the Asgard could create a Stargate AND a supergate if they wanted to. They were, after all, allied to the Ancients and have been using the things for thousands upon thousands of years.
                              www.theamericanright.com

Comment

this is all very good, but wtf is IDA
                                sigpic
                                EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                                -Liberty Prime

Comment

Working...
                                X